Your still settling. I am 3 days in and my phone has had an average of 2.5% all day today.

Wait for it to settle over a day or so.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    13%, 12%, 15% lost in 3 consecutive hours..

Not a good sign even though its settling -.-
    08-26-12 01:11 PM
    Hey every one, Im new to this whole hybrid OS thing though the rave reviews are very tempting, Im a little apprehensive as Ive never installed a hybrid OS before. I have downloaded the leaked 7.1.0.649 as well as the RC4 zip file. I use a Bold 9900. I know that I have to install the leaked OS and delete the vendor files but where to I extract the RC4 files to? Like where do I paste them or copy them over. Any help will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
    08-26-12 02:10 PM
    13%, 12%, 15% lost in 3 consecutive hours..

Not a good sign even though its settling -.-

You're running AT&T handset on Voda network. That's a 850 and 2100 UMTS handset on a 900/2100 so you're only searching for a 2100 tower.

Hmm

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    08-26-12 02:26 PM
    Hey every one, Im new to this whole hybrid OS thing though the rave reviews are very tempting, Im a little apprehensive as Ive never installed a hybrid OS before. I have downloaded the leaked 7.1.0.649 as well as the RC4 zip file. I use a Bold 9900. I know that I have to install the leaked OS and delete the vendor files but where to I extract the RC4 files to? Like where do I paste them or copy them over. Any help will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Use the full OS for 9900, beware, FB and twit are from beta zone, so please don't tick if no BZ account.

BerryLicio.us
    slamdunky likes this.
    08-26-12 02:37 PM
    Sounds like this Mugen is worth while...

Hmm

BerryLicio.us
    I have the same good experience with the Mugen battery for my 9900. Temps stay under 20c for the most part and a huge increase in battery life. I'm having trouble running the battery down low enough by the end of the day to do their initail 3-5 day 8-12hr charge/dischage cycle they reccomend - and I've never had a stock battery last a complete day before! I'm only running rc2 right now and just waiting a day or two for the battery to settle before upgrading to rc4. I can't wait!
    Last edited by Big_Ern; 08-26-12 at 02:57 PM.
    zocster and ria__x like this.
    08-26-12 02:54 PM
    Use the full OS for 9900, beware, FB and twit are from beta zone, so please don't tick if no BZ account.

BerryLicio.us
    Thanks so much. I feel braver now. I replaced the 9900M_v7.1.0.649_P5.1.0.480 folder in the loader files with the RC4 folder that had the same name. I have never wiped my device before any OS update. Do you recommend a wipe before I proceed to install this hybrid?
    08-26-12 03:12 PM
    Thanks so much. I feel braver now. I replaced the 9900M_v7.1.0.649_P5.1.0.480 folder in the loader files with the RC4 folder that had the same name. I have never wiped my device before any OS update. Do you recommend a wipe before I proceed to install this hybrid?
    backup, wipe and restore
    08-26-12 03:26 PM
    backup, wipe and restore
    Roger!
    08-26-12 03:34 PM
    Is RC4 shrunk?
    08-26-12 04:31 PM
    Is RC4 shrunk?

The one for 9900 pre shrunk, if you need turk resources I suggest copying the folders over 649 base. Then re shrunk accordingly

BerryLicio.us
    08-26-12 04:37 PM
    Not really,I use it in English.So It's just enough to download from your link and install that,I don't need the 649 base?

And I've read something about using .523 radio?Do I have to do anything else?
    08-26-12 04:39 PM
    Not really,I use it in English.So It's just enough to download from your link and install that,I don't need the 649 base?

And I've read something about using .523 radio?Do I have to do anything else?

Already has the 523 radio. Also has FB and twit beta, so if you don't have beta zone don't tick.

Has latest appworld and protect, safe to tick.

BerryLicio.us
    08-26-12 04:42 PM
    At approx 48 hrs on hybrid 4 with 523 sfi. ADR 4.15 (not bad for me) but would be much better since visual voice mail is a problem. CPU usage 2.2% also found out that Rogers has been doing maintenance on it so not just a problem for me.

One thing that I'm finding this time is that I get a ton of echo during calls. It doesn't matter how low I put the volume at. I've used 523 sfi on the past few OS's and haven't experienced this. Thinking of reinstalling same OS again?
    08-26-12 04:42 PM
    At approx 48 hrs on hybrid 4 with 523 sfi. ADR 4.15 (not bad for me) but would be much better since visual voice mail is a problem. CPU usage 2.2% also found out that Rogers has been doing maintenance on it so not just a problem for me.

One thing that I'm finding this time is that I get a ton of echo during calls. It doesn't matter how low I put the volume at. I've used 523 sfi on the past few OS's and haven't experienced this. Thinking of reinstalling same OS again?

Have you managed to get the vvm from the base OS? Did you have any issues with RC3 phone modules? If you wanted I could get 523 vvm for offline installation if you wish to give that a go.

BerryLicio.us
    08-26-12 04:47 PM
    Have you managed to get the vvm from the base OS? Did you have any issues with RC3 phone modules? If you wanted I could get 523 vvm for offline installation if you wish to give that a go.

BerryLicio.us
    Hey Zocster, yes VVM's been a problem for maybe 5-7 days so I'm sure it was when I used RC3 also. I figured I'd install 523 so I could save the java folder for future reference. I trust the VVM cod's are easy to recognize. By the way, I've used VVM v. 1.1.2 & 1.1.3 which seem to be the versions that Rogers download presently is as well as the upgrade from that. Earlier VVM's were slugish also but I think the 1.1.1 may have had the least lag. It seems to me that the VVM app is still in development or something.
    Last edited by sheldonbk; 08-26-12 at 05:14 PM. Reason: To correct VVM version #s
    08-26-12 05:02 PM

BerryLicio.us
    Hmm... I'm looking @ the 523 java folder and see several net_rim_bb_phone COD's. Am wondering if they should be injected together with the net_rim_bb_vvm COD's to match the 523 sfi.
    08-26-12 05:10 PM
    Hey Zocster, yes VVM's been a problem for maybe 5-7 days so I'm sure it was when I used RC3 also. I figured I'd install 523 so I could save the java folder for future reference. I trust the VVM cod's are easy to recognize. By the way, I've used VVM v. 1.02 & 1.03 which seem to be the versions that Rogers download presently is as well as the upgrade from that. V1.01 was ok but it seems to me that the VVM app is still in development or something.

Should be pretty easy. Just go through the .alx for vvm to see the modules required. Notepad is a good one to use.

BerryLicio.us
    08-26-12 05:10 PM
    Should be pretty easy. Just go through the .alx for vvm to see the modules required. Notepad is a good one to use.
    BerryLicio.us
    Thx again Zocs.. so looks like the following files...
    net_rim_bb_mbp.cod
    net_rim_bb_vvm_alu_http_lib.cod
    net_rim_bb_vvm_help_html_new_114__en.cod
    net_rim_bb_vvm_resource114.cod
    net_rim_bb_vvm_resource114__en.cod
    net_rim_bb_vvm_resource_114__en.cod
    net_rim_bb_vvm_resource_114.cod
    net_rim_bb_mbp_settings_lib.cod
    net_rim_bb_vvm_sm_http_lib.cod
    net_rim_bb_mbp_utils_lib.cod

Would the net_rim_bb_phone files help with the unrelated echo issue I mentioned. Every call since my last install I'm getting tons of echo regardless of volume. Normally, echo can be reduced as volume is reduced but I'm not finding that. Curious if you think it's an sfi issue (IE perhaps a bad OS install) or if the net_rim_bb_phone*** files could be a factor.

Thx again!
    08-26-12 05:32 PM
    Hmm.. looks like the 114 #'s are related to a vendor#.. I guess vendor 0 is no vendor..
    net_rim_bb_vvm.cod
    net_rim_bb_vvm_help_html_new__en.cod
    net_rim_bb_vvm_resource.cod
    net_rim_bb_vvm_resource__en.cod
    net_rim_bb_vvm_settings_lib.cod
    net_rim_bb_vvm_vz_http_lib.cod
    net_rim_bb_vvm_utils_lib.cod

So no MBP files.. don't know what those are.. LOL

OK this is weird. When I checked the device under app management the modules it shows doesn't include any of the above. Just the following:
    vvm_bb_9900_rogers_std_prod_os7
    Last edited by sheldonbk; 08-26-12 at 06:03 PM. Reason: to add Rogers vvm file reference
    08-26-12 05:39 PM
    I also need the vvm cods. Zocs, do you mind upload the vvm cods files along with tmobile backup cods here please?
    08-26-12 06:10 PM
    These are whats required

net_rim_bb_vvm.cod

So, all are running 523? I will upload in a few as looking after kids at this minute.

I have made some changes to the phone modules on RC4 but didn't have any echo issues.

You could possibly roll back to RC3 phone modules Sheldon, except for the dc module.
    08-26-12 06:25 PM
    These are whats required

net_rim_bb_vvm.cod

So, all are running 523? I will upload in a few as looking after kids at this minute.

I have made some changes to the phone modules on RC4 but didn't have any echo issues.

You could possibly roll back to RC3 phone modules Sheldon, except for the dc module.
    Thanks again Zocs. Curious about the dc module. Not familiar with that reference. I'm also curious about the Rogers VVM module. Perhaps they have a version that's not part of the OS.
    08-26-12 06:41 PM
    need a full one for 9320 much easier to install then shrinking yourself
    08-26-12 07:16 PM
    need a full one for 9320 much easier to install then shrinking yourself
    Shrinking is not all that hard. Just select what you don't want and shrink, then load!
    08-26-12 07:17 PM
    Thanks again Zocs. Curious about the dc module. Not familiar with that reference. I'm also curious about the Rogers VVM module. Perhaps they have a version that's not part of the OS.
    Please reload OS put these modules in Java and alx outside the java. For you I have also included RC3 phone modules.
    sheldonbk likes this.
    08-26-12 07:22 PM
10,888 ... 6970717273 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD