Hi may i know if the RC4 is installed over .649? And also may i know zocaster's battey pull schedule? Thanks
    Yes Rc4 is installed over .649 but is in Alpha testing stage.
    Though there is no schedule but battery pulls after a gap of 6 hours in between them.
    IPaWNurAsS likes this.
    08-23-12 09:40 AM
    Hi may i know if the RC4 is installed over .649? And also may i know zocaster's battey pull schedule? Thanks
    Zocs recommended schedule is:

Bedding in a hybrid

one would restore all data and apps, then do a batt pull.

One then would then do another batt pull before bed, then fully charge it over night.

One would also do 2x battery pulls per day for next two days.

maxx71, mansooriqbal and deezy87 like this.
    08-23-12 09:53 AM
    Just a point, the RC4 alpha archive includes all required files, all you have to do really is extract the files over your most recent installed OS.

Loader will then detect that the sfi file is newer and prompt to install it.
    08-23-12 10:16 AM
    Zocs recommended schedule is:

Bedding in a hybrid

one would restore all data and apps, then do a batt pull.

One then would then do another batt pull before bed, then fully charge it over night.

One would also do 2x battery pulls per day for next two days.

i have never charged my phone over night, would that make a difference to the performance of my device ?
    08-23-12 10:25 AM
    i have never charged my phone over night, would that make a difference to the performance of my device ?
    Neither have I as I have a charging dock next to my armchair so phone is usually 100% charged whenever I am at home.

Followed all other of Zocs steps (just done final battery pull) and all seems well.

As it's a bank holiday weekend coming up I will leave the phone on 24/7 to give it a really good bed in as I usually turn it off overnight when I am working to make sure I have 100% juice to leave home with each day.
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-23-12 10:32 AM
    re-update using 523.sfi + RC4.

after using for 2 days with 649.sfi+RC4, same thing happens to me, the temp in 3G is bit hot and also the ain't getting good signal in my place.
    08-23-12 10:33 AM
    Is this on wifi? I see a little less than this idling on wifi with gtalk connected? If its carrier who is your provider? I'll upgrade to RC4 one day. I'm still running RC1. It just works. Why mess up a good thing.
    Nope, not on WiFi BUT fullscale Radio on 3G with Vodafone India.

The .523 sfi is a winner - no doubt .. plus I haven't a clue what Zocs did to RC4Alpha but it sure does wonders & continues to amaze me ..

be sure to slip in the RINGS.alx that was submitted as addt.
    08-23-12 10:36 AM
    Patiently waiting for Zocs to release his RC4 final

am sure it would be different with the inputs he's gained so far
    08-23-12 10:41 AM
    Neither have I as I have a charging dock next to my armchair so phone is usually 100% charged whenever I am at home.

Followed all other of Zocs steps (just done final battery pull) and all seems well.

As it's a bank holiday weekend coming up I will leave the phone on 24/7 to give it a really good bed in as I usually turn it off overnight when I am working to make sure I have 100% juice to leave home with each day.
    I might just load the RC4 over the weekend, something to look forward to this weekend.
    I will also follow Zocs schedule for battery pulls/charging the phone overnite. Fingers crossed, hope it clears the testing phase by then.
    I also have an eeky feeling that there is an Official OS release round the corner by a North American carrier. Food for thought >>>RC5, maybe !!!
    Last edited by maxx71; 08-23-12 at 10:52 AM.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    08-23-12 10:43 AM
    Nope, not on WiFi BUT fullscale Radio on 3G with Vodafone India.

The .523 sfi is a winner - no doubt .. plus I haven't a clue what Zocs did to RC4Alpha but it sure does wonders & continues to amaze me ..

be sure to slip in the RINGS.alx that was submitted as addt.
    Not having any signal issues with .649 .sfi, seems pretty much on a par with .523 for me on Voda UK.

Running temparature is higher but not excessive.

As testing RC4 Alpha will stick with .649 rather than bailing out so we have some results to work with.

May be a different story when it comes round to time to install the full blown RC4 though.
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-23-12 10:46 AM
    Back home and have finally loaded RC4 over .649 base, with good ole faithful .523 sfi

Coming from full .649 I am so glad to have that crap, palm-burning .649 radio off my phone!

Looking good so far... and thanks again for sharing guys
    audio_engr and maxx71 like this.
    08-23-12 10:53 AM
    Back home and have finally loaded RC4 over .649 base, with good ole faithful .523 sfi

Coming from full .649 I am so glad to have that crap, palm-burning .649 radio off my phone!

How hot was .649 running for you Phill ?

I'm not getting anything above 29c so far, and strangely the phone doesn't physically feel as hot as the battery temp is indicating it should.
    08-23-12 11:02 AM
    How hot was .649 running for you Phill ?

I'm not getting anything above 29c so far, and strangely the phone doesn't physically feel as hot as the battery temp is indicating it should.
    High 30's, low 40's... and believe me, it was physically that hot!
    BoldAlways, maxx71 and ifraser like this.
    08-23-12 11:04 AM

I found the battery started to drain quicker through the day with .649 as for heat, I have had major heat from .523 this avo but that was constant group posts with bbm and in dodgy signal, and its not settled since my reload.
    08-23-12 11:05 AM
    High 30's, low 40's... and believe me, it was physically that hot!
    Now that is hot !!!

Maybe put it back on in December to use the 9900 as a handwarmer in Winter !!!

What on earth is it with the .523 .sfi that makes it run so cool ???

Whatever it is, would appear that RIM don't like it !!!
    BigwhiteUK, BoldAlways and maxx71 like this.
    08-23-12 11:08 AM
    Hey I was just curious if I am able to run the rc3 or rc4 on the 9860, would like to get a bl hybrid back on there, Installed .649 over rc2 to try.
    Thanks
    08-23-12 11:24 AM
    Hey I was just curious if I am able to run the rc3 or rc4 on the 9860, would like to get a bl hybrid back on there, Installed .649 over rc2 to try.
    Thanks
    Hi, same process as previous java overlays, just download the RC4 archive then only use the java mix.

We do have someone testing that mix currently on a 9860
    Last edited by ifraser; 08-23-12 at 11:36 AM.
    SkaterGuy2k likes this.
    08-23-12 11:34 AM
    Hi, same process as previous java overlays, just download the RC4 archive then only use the java mix.

We do have someone testing that mix currently on a 9860
    So jealous seeing the RC4 A2 bit in your signature !!!
    SkaterGuy2k and ifraser like this.
    08-23-12 11:41 AM
    Alright!

You'll hate me for this but I feel this is a beta material.

http://www.mediafire.com/?o81iqv4ry687gex

All apps are updated, protect, twitter and fb (both beta zone, and require key).

Has already 523 sfi from digicel.

Let us know, if it is a release material.... I will put on first post.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    08-23-12 12:08 PM
    arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh another update...... the engines cannay take it captain
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-23-12 12:17 PM
    Worth it... Smoother than alpha... Much much so.

BerryLicio.us
    08-23-12 12:18 PM
    Worth loading on the 9860 for a test run?
    08-23-12 12:20 PM
    Alright!

RC4B9900M_v7.1.0.649_P5.1.0.480.zip

All apps are updated, protect, twitter and fb (both beta zone, and require key).

BerryLicio.us
    Wouldn't go quite as far as hate !!!!!

I can now install Hybrids in my sleep !!!

Thankfully it's a Bank Holiday weekend coming up in the UK so although downloaded will have to wait a little while before install unless my willpower fails me yet again !!!

Thanks Zocs
    08-23-12 12:22 PM
    will power failing!!!!!!!!! already to load onto phone...... decisions, decisions
    Legal Eagle and BoldAlways like this.
    08-23-12 12:30 PM
    Alright!

RC4B9900M_v7.1.0.649_P5.1.0.480.zip

BerryLicio.us
    Yihaaa...I'm just just installing the RC4 alpha 1st edition, finish restoring my 3rd apps and going to restore my data

Thanks so much Zoc! will re-wipe my phone and install this version...
    ifraser likes this.
    08-23-12 12:32 PM
10,888 ... 5556575859 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD