@boldalways......it might be.

We are still in the testing phase of RC4 so anything released has been tested by our team 1st.....be patient.
    Thanks... Someone said "I�m a OS junkie" and that�s correct... Anxiety
    ifraser likes this.
    08-23-12 05:05 AM
    Pleaseantly suprised by the .649 .sfi on my trip today.

Just to recap, 130 mile round trip using bluetooth, on 2G becasue on my route there are many motorway miles with no 3G coverage and the building my meeting was in also has no 3G.

ADR was 1.4% with a couple of short calls and a few e.mails and texts.

Temp did not exceed 29 degrees C which is far hotter than .523 but not OTT.
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-23-12 05:43 AM
    Thanks... Someone said "I�m a OS junkie" and that�s correct... Anxiety
    Guilty as charged, I am the self confessed OS junkie !!!
    BigwhiteUK, BoldAlways and maxx71 like this.
    08-23-12 05:47 AM
    Guilty as charged, I am the self confessed OS junkie !!!
    ... Other here .
    08-23-12 06:04 AM
    Pleaseantly suprised by the .649 .sfi on my trip today.

Just to recap, 130 mile round trip using bluetooth, on 2G becasue on my route there are many motorway miles with no 3G coverage and the building my meeting was in also has no 3G.

ADR was 1.4% with a couple of short calls and a few e.mails and texts.

Temp did not exceed 29 degrees C which is far hotter than .523 but not OTT.
    That's something to really look forward to (RC4 with .649sfi).......
    08-23-12 06:07 AM
    That's something to really look forward to (RC4 with .649sfi).......
    That is the combo I am running.

RC4 Alpha with .649.sfi
    08-23-12 06:10 AM
    Sorry maxx I should have explained that RC4 is using the 649 files.

Only the radio file seems a bit up or down for people. We have a version with both the 649 and 523 radio's about.

The link for download of the alpha version is on a post I did a couple of pages back.

OS Junkies are us!!!
    BoldAlways and maxx71 like this.
    08-23-12 06:32 AM

RC4 Alpha with .649.sfi
    Yeah ! I saw all your inputs and have high hopes. Thanks to you and all who choose to do the testing for Alpha phase. It is a tribute and confidence the CB community has with Zocster, Ian and thier awesome team.

I for one with bluetooth to my device seem to have an ADR of appox 4% an hour which is kind of high but rest is Awesome ! I am on RC3 with .523sfi.

With RC4 maybe i might be able to cover that aspect. I have high hopes on the RC4 combo.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    08-23-12 06:35 AM
    Sorry maxx I should have explained that RC4 is using the 649 files.

Only the radio file seems a bit up or down for people. We have a version with both the 649 and 523 radio's about.

The link for download of the alpha version is on a post I did a couple of pages back.

OS Junkies are us!!!
    I know for a fact, whatever you guys come out with will be a BLOCKBUSTER !
    08-23-12 06:38 AM
    someone please assist me. Ive installed RC3. Im having an issue with my email setup. My email accounts show on my device. However I am not receiving any emails. Tested it now. When trying to access my accounts via the setup function, the internet email account does not work. Clicking on it does nothing. Could something have gone wrong during the restore process? If i choose Enterprise Account then the menu opens.

Never experienced a problem like this before.
    08-23-12 06:47 AM
    someone please assist me. Ive installed RC3. Im having an issue with my email setup. My email accounts show on my device. However I am not receiving any emails. Tested it now. When trying to access my accounts via the setup function, the internet email account does not work. Clicking on it does nothing. Could something have gone wrong during the restore process? If i choose Enterprise Account then the menu opens.

I experienced the same issue and this is what i had done : i resent the service books requests> Host routing table ( register)>reset the device then went to the email setup> it asked me for the passwords and then i was good to go.
    Hope this helps !
    Last edited by maxx71; 08-23-12 at 06:54 AM.
    dj_pavo likes this.
    08-23-12 06:52 AM
    Yeah ! I saw all your inputs and have high hopes. Thanks to you and all who choose to do the testing for Alpha phase. It is a tribute and confidence the CB community has with Zocster, Ian and thier awesome team.

I for one with bluetooth to my device seem to have an ADR of appox 4% an hour which is kind of high but rest is Awesome ! I am on RC3 with .523sfi.

With RC4 maybe i might be able to cover that aspect. I have high hopes on the RC4 combo.
    So far I can't fault the RC4 Alpha.

Running great, only fault was lack of ringtones but that was just a shrink error and is to be expected with an Alpha build (now rectified by Zocs)

As Ian has said, the only debate is which .sfi file is best.

Some have switched to .523 which does run cooler, but as I am effectively testing it out I am sticking with .649.

So far other than the temparature issue I have to say that the signal has been fine and beqaring in mind that it has not been installed for 48 hours yet and is still settling in the ADR has been fine.

I know that there are some tweaks planned for the full public release which to me almost seems like trying to improve on perfection as far as the Java goes !!!
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-23-12 06:54 AM

RC4 Alpha with .649.sfi
    My observation - .649 sfi in RC4 locks (3G/H+) signal pretty good, but heats up like too. I had to replace with .523 sfi which locks (2G) signal pretty good and runs cool temperature wise.
    08-23-12 06:55 AM
    If I'm honest I've not had any problems with this Alpha RC4, I don't use the phones ringtones I use my own. The browser is really fast. I probs won't upgrade until final phase

..konnichiwa from my kawaii blackberry  9900 :3
    Legal Eagle and ifraser like this.
    08-23-12 07:12 AM
    I experienced the same issue and this is what i had done : i resent the service books requests> Host routing table ( register)>reset the device then went to the email setup> it asked me for the passwords and then i was good to go.
    Hope this helps !

I have resent the service books and rebooted but that has not seemed to solve the problem either. or maybe i should try restoring my backup again? Any other suggestions?
    08-23-12 07:16 AM
    I have resent the service books and rebooted but that has not seemed to solve the problem either. or maybe i should try restoring my backup again? Any other suggestions?

Downgrade your email setup. Its a known issue with the latest version with some carriers.

You know the drill, extract to mmc and run .jad

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    maxx71 and dj_pavo like this.
    08-23-12 07:20 AM
    Downgrade your email setup. Its a known issue with the latest version with some carriers.

You know the drill, extract to mmc and run .jad

BerryLicio.us

I wish i could confidently say I knew the drill but I am a newbie in every sense of the word . Where could I find the downgrade for email setup? Should I copy it from an older installed OS? And what would the file be named? Could I use BBHTool to install as I remember seeing a function like that or I could be mistaken.

Thanks to everyone for the willingness to assist.
    08-23-12 07:28 AM

try installing this email setup: EmailSetup 72.12.0106.1208.zip

Extract to your MMC then run the .jad file.

You can thank Zoc for it later
    Last edited by ifraser; 08-23-12 at 07:33 AM.
    dj_pavo and maxx71 like this.
    08-23-12 07:29 AM
    try installing this email setup: EmailSetup 72.12.0106.1208.zip

You can thank Zoc for it later
    Thanks Zocster and iFraser. Not only do you guys do the builds but also help us when we are in need. "Customer Service" at its best.

Thanks.

I am going to ask a question that might sound silly but please bear with me. I have used RC1 and RC2 as well. If these were installed using the same base .569, how would the email setup version change? To me that would make sense if I was using the new leaked version. Or is there something I am overlooking?
    08-23-12 07:37 AM
    It is a known issue with the current email setup version on some carriers.

One time all my email accounts disappeared.

BerryLicio.us
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-23-12 07:38 AM
    The email setup files are also in the java so it would have been overwritten by the hybrid.

Although most people havent had any issues it is obvious some networks do.
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-23-12 07:39 AM
    It is a known issue with the current email setup version on some carriers.

One time all my email accounts disappeared.

BerryLicio.us

That exact thing happened with me last night. All my emails showed in my messages folder but not the accounts itself. I then restored my data again and the accounts were now visible. I didnt bother to test them as they usually become active active once I access App World with my BlackBerry ID. Only noticed something was up this afternoon when I saw I hadnt received a single email since then.

I will keep the older version nearby from now on.
    08-23-12 07:51 AM
    I have to re-authorise my accounts after every 3 or 4 reloads, its a security thing, usually logging into your BIS page on your operators portal and resending the service books after entering your passwords is enough to sort it out.
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-23-12 08:05 AM
    I have to re-authorise my accounts after every 3 or 4 reloads, its a security thing, usually logging into your BIS page on your operators portal and resending the service books after entering your passwords is enough to sort it out.
    I too face this issue after every OS load but do the exact steps as above and it gets sorted. Still, the adreneline rush post an OS load especially post a Hybrid load of late takes pole position !
    08-23-12 09:12 AM
    Hi may i know if the RC4 is installed over .649? And also may i know zocaster's battey pull schedule? Thanks
    08-23-12 09:32 AM
10,888 ... 5455565758 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD