Probably, I am the one of very few users of 9860 for Zocster's hybrids. I have been using Zocster's hybrid RC2, RC3 and Now RC4 on radios .523, 569 and .649. Would like to have user's experience which .sfi gives strongest signal and locking too. I also have question some sfi has larger radio and smaller files. which one generally better for signal locking?
    08-21-12 09:47 PM
    Probably, I am the one of very few users of 9860 for Zocster's hybrids. I have been using Zocster's hybrid RC2, RC3 and Now RC4 on radios .523, 569 and .649. Would like to have user's experience which .sfi gives strongest signal and locking too. I also have question some sfi has larger radio and smaller files. which one generally better for signal locking?

A lot of users say .523 is pretty good.. And small sfi files usually gives better signal locking like .523 Sfi

BlackBerry 9900 On Tapatalk
    08-21-12 09:53 PM
    fresh install. i left it overnight for sleep and this is what i get.

Don't get me wrong, 649sfi idles beautiful. But when you start using it, it gets real hot.

Voda here being dual band where predominantly in the main centres are 2100 and extended 3G bands are 900, 649 just don't play nice in that range.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    08-21-12 09:59 PM
    having a weird issue with ma browser,when i go to my browser type in my address,everything looks to be working fine then i get a message "unable to find teh requested sever" not sure if i loaded correctly but never had a problem before.im running rc4 over .569.i downloaded .569 deleded everything out of the loader file and replaced it with teh contents of the rc4 file,gonna revert back to .523 and see if that makes a difference,if any one has an insight as to this error please share,maybe as i said im doing smthing wrong
    I'm having the same problem with the .569 base running rc3 on wifi
    08-21-12 10:06 PM
    I'm having the same problem with the .569 base running rc3 on wifi

This must be something that's going on with Indian ISPs as I and many didn't have issue with the original mix on wifi. You could return the wifi modules back to 569 if that's what you think runs best with your provider.

BerryLicio.us
    08-21-12 10:10 PM
    This must be something that's going on with Indian ISPs as I and many didn't have issue with the original mix on wifi. You could return the wifi modules back to 569 if that's what you think runs best with your provider.

BerryLicio.us
    Ahh no.. The .569 9810 modules are messed up, frequent disconnection from my wifi... I'll manage with this

Could you provide the rc4 alpha only java mix?
    Thanks.
    08-21-12 10:15 PM
    Ahh no.. The .569 9810 modules are messed up, frequent disconnection from my wifi... I'll manage with this

Could you provide the rc4 alpha only java mix?

Thanks.

Give me a few hours please.

BerryLicio.us
    08-21-12 10:21 PM
    I'm nervous about loading an alpha hybrid lol the scaredy cat in me has come out. I think I'll keep calm and be bold til the RC4 passes 'work' that Zocster and everyone is putting in to insure that it is a flawless build, yet again! Keep up the good work!
    omg!! you said to me it's nothing when i was all worried lmao.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    08-22-12 03:29 AM
    Virgin Uk are having network problems, still have full 3g, however no internet - FB, Twitter, Foursquare, BBM. All ok over wifi. Can make calls. Country wide apparently!
    08-22-12 03:40 AM
    Virgin Uk are having network problems, still have full 3g, however no internet - FB, Twitter, Foursquare, BBM. All ok over wifi. Can make calls. Country wide apparently!
    i use virgin for net i hope the net don't go down
    08-22-12 03:45 AM
    can someone tell me "how to grab the screens off Meterberry" ?

neither my screen grabber nor Quick-Launch one can do it.
    08-22-12 04:38 AM
    Quick Launch should be able to, have to set up screen capture! I just use BBHTool
    08-22-12 04:46 AM
    Quick Launch should be able to, have to set up screen capture!
    nope - unsuccessful with capture set to "Menu" for QL as it doesnt show up on meterberry apps menu for capture
    08-22-12 04:48 AM
    nope - unsuccessful with capture set to "Menu" for QL

Convenience key. Get capture nux from appworld, real tiny and free.

BerryLicio.us
    audio_engr likes this.
    08-22-12 04:49 AM
    advance os and led all the way, lets you do anything that every of those apps do
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    08-22-12 04:50 AM
    Hi Zocster,

I'm using RC2. Do you recommend to use RC3 or RC4 beta?

Thanks,

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-22-12 05:07 AM
    Hi Zocster,

I'm using RC2. Do you recommend to use RC3 or RC4 beta?

Thanks,

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    RC3 and RC4 are very similar in speed although the radio at the moment is undecided.

For the latest and greatest RC4 but it is still in the testing phase.

RC3 is smooth and with the 7.1.0.523 sfi file it worked really well.

If you are keen you could try both, just use RC3 for a couple of days, then reload with RC4
    deezy87 likes this.
    08-22-12 06:18 AM
    After being out and about with RC4 this morning I have noticed that the .649 seems to be holding a signal quite well and doesn't seem to be too different from the .523 .sfi in that resepct.

Whislt it is still running hotter as indicated by MeterBerry (around 4 degrees centigrade) it does seem to have settled and begun to run cooler than after initial install.

Too early to sit in judgment of the battery, but early indications are that it is holding up fairly well for a new install.

In the interest of science I will stick with .649 for a few days to see how it performs as the OS fully beds in.
    08-22-12 06:38 AM
    After being out and about with RC4 this morning I have noticed that the .649 seems to be holding a signal quite well and doesn't seem to be too different from the .523 .sfi in that resepct.

Whislt it is still running hotter as indicated by MeterBerry (around 4 degrees centigrade) it does seem to have settled and begun to run cooler than after initial install.

Too early to sit in judgment of the battery, but early indications are that it is holding up fairly well for a new install.

In the interest of science I will stick with .649 for a few days to see how it performs as the OS fully beds in.
    Thanks legal,

I also have set my phone to only be 3G just now so i am not using UMA in the house.

Still seeing no increase in temp on the phone and my signal was up or down in the areas i was in.

It will take a couple of days to bed in but if my 1.21% adr this morning was anything to go by i have high hopes for this mix.
    08-22-12 06:53 AM
    Guys, I'm struggling to find a working link for RC3 or 4. I can access the RC2 link on the OP but the bzlinks.com website must be experiencing some sort of issue. I registered on the site, even tried to pay for a subscription to no avail.

Can someone post the URL or at least point me in the right direction to download?

or

Should I just go with RC2? I'm currently running 7.1.0.428. I can d/l and modify 569 or another OS. Any advice or recommendations would be very much apprecaited.
    08-22-12 08:42 AM
    Guys, I'm struggling to find a working link for RC3 or 4. I can access the RC2 link on the OP but the bzlinks.com website must be experiencing some sort of issue. I registered on the site, even tried to pay for a subscription to no avail.

Can someone post the URL or at least point me in the right direction to download?

or

Should I just go with RC2? I'm currently running 7.1.0.428. I can d/l and modify 569 or another OS. Any advice or recommendations would be very much apprecaited.
    Link to RC4

BZLink File Hosting - Born To Share

It is an alpha build still undergoing testing and Zocs may tweak before posting on the main first post.

Working OK for me, but just wanted you to be aware before you loaded.

Also unless Zocs has fixed it does not containe ringtones and alerts which had been accidentally shrunk out. Was due to be amended but not sure if done yet.

Confirmed link to RC3 not working. Directs you to the site but then says download not available to users of your type whatever that means.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 08-22-12 at 08:51 AM.
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-22-12 08:48 AM
    Apologies bzlink is down, will upload to Mediafire unless someone can now.

I will do in 12 hours

BerryLicio.us
    08-22-12 08:56 AM
    The download site is down for maintenance but hoping it will be back up soon. Apologies.
    08-22-12 08:57 AM
    Link to RC4

BZLink File Hosting - Born To Share

It is an alpha build still undergoing testing and Zocs may tweak before posting on the main first post.

Working OK for me, but just wanted you to be aware before you loaded.

Also unless Zocs has fixed it does not containe ringtones and alerts which had been accidentally shrunk out. Was due to be amended but not sure if done yet.

Confirmed link to RC3 not working. Directs you to the site but then says download not available to users of your type whatever that means.
    Thanks for the quick response and update. Should I wait for RC3 or just go with RC2 - which I can d/l now? Do I paste the download into the folder prior to installing or after?
    08-22-12 09:02 AM
    Thanks for the quick response and update. Should I wait for RC3 or just go with RC2 - which I can d/l now? Do I paste the download into the folder prior to installing or after?
    If you are on 9900 I would wait for RC3 as it is a FULL OS for that model.
    08-22-12 09:04 AM
10,888 ... 4950515253 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD