:-) was well past midnight for me too! Looks like bb lost 2% per hour on 3g overnight (no off period set)will take your advice and do a few battery pulls a day for 3 days and see how I go.

Got sync sorted - deleted and readded email, think googles 2 step authentication I enabled meant I had to as never had that issue before.

I'm guessing sfi is radio, do you just find a .sfi file and copy it from one install folder over another ?

Coming from an iphone 3g and a long time ago a windows mobile htc tytn ii I must say custom roms on blackberry are a lot less stressful to install thanks to tools like bbsak, not to say I didn't get the - hope I don't brick it feeling when doing my first standard os upgrade!

Have since had to downgrade a 9300 to os 5 for my wife who doesn't like 6, that was scary because it was my wife's :-D

Regards

Damian
    08-21-12 12:26 AM
    quite a solid build... but the clocks are irritating x_x
    08-21-12 01:31 AM
    :-) was well past midnight for me too! Looks like bb lost 2% per hour on 3g overnight (no off period set)will take your advice and do a few battery pulls a day for 3 days and see how I go.

Got sync sorted - deleted and readded email, think googles 2 step authentication I enabled meant I had to as never had that issue before.

I'm guessing sfi is radio, do you just find a .sfi file and copy it from one install folder over another ?

Coming from an iphone 3g and a long time ago a windows mobile htc tytn ii I must say custom roms on blackberry are a lot less stressful to install thanks to tools like bbsak, not to say I didn't get the - hope I don't brick it feeling when doing my first standard os upgrade!

Have since had to downgrade a 9300 to os 5 for my wife who doesn't like 6, that was scary because it was my wife's :-D

Regards

Damian
    yes .sfi is the radio file found in UMT in the os folder.. if you're already on base .523 though there's no need - that's the best radio

yes i don't know what i'd do without bbsak and bbhtool around to help! and this article helped me calm down lol.. BlackBerry 302: A complete wipe and clean install of your BlackBerry OS | CrackBerry.com
    08-21-12 02:49 AM
    Thanks for the replies. Here is what i understood as of now(with some questions)

Delete vendor.xml from my current .523 install

Where do i put the files in Dakota.zip (bold 9900)?

Wipe with BBSAK & then reload via loader.exe.

The Release Candidate 2 link downloads a zip file having *.cod files which should go in the java folder. Should i empty the java directory and then put in the files or just need to add/replace the existing/missing one's?

Also as i'm using .523 as base do i need to download the radio/sfi file as well ? i guess not but don't wanna risk anything.

I've always done the upgrades via DM so I would be bothering you guys with a few more questions regarding BBSAK & Loader.exe.

Also do i need to shrink the OS? i know it is used to remove the stuff that's not necessary but i dunno what to remove.

Thanks for you replies, patience and tolerance
    08-21-12 02:59 AM
    Are my eyes deceiving me or has Zocs already got RC4 up and running.

Sure I saw a post referring to it in the new leaked OS thread here on CB !!!!
    ifraser likes this.
    08-21-12 03:13 AM
    Thanks for the replies. Here is what i understood as of now(with some questions)

Delete vendor.xml from my current .523 install

Where do i put the files in Dakota.zip (bold 9900)?

Wipe with BBSAK & then reload via loader.exe.

The Release Candidate 2 link downloads a zip file having *.cod files which should go in the java folder. Should i empty the java directory and then put in the files or just need to add/replace the existing/missing one's?

Also as i'm using .523 as base do i need to download the radio/sfi file as well ? i guess not but don't wanna risk anything.

I've always done the upgrades via DM so I would be bothering you guys with a few more questions regarding BBSAK & Loader.exe.

Also do i need to shrink the OS? i know it is used to remove the stuff that's not necessary but i dunno what to remove.

Thanks for you replies, patience and tolerance
    hiya, are you going for the hybrid rc2 then? as the rc3 is available, and you would not need the dakota files, if you have the .523 base already, just download the rc3 java from the original post in a little box.. and what i did was, mix the rc3 java with the original java, so open the original java folder and just extract the rc3 java in it clicking 'copy and replace' then you should be all ready to load os! i use loader which is located in computer/program files 86x/common files/RIM/loader and that will tell you to update/downgrade just accept the you should've set it off!

and also if you have already got .523 you do not need the .523 sfi as it's already in the os.

hope i helped

**oh and you only need to shrink it if you are comfortable with what you're doing using another program called 'bbhtool', but if you're not sure i'd advise just leaving it and deleting the unnecessary apps off your blackberry when you're all done. it only adds stuff like twitter/facebook/gtalk etc. anyway so nothing to worry about unless you're a bit OCD like me!
    Last edited by ria__x; 08-21-12 at 03:29 AM.
    ybyb likes this.
    08-21-12 03:24 AM

You sure did, mate.
    08-21-12 03:34 AM
    quite a solid build... but the clocks are irritating x_x
    It takes time to settle in, just do batt. Pull every 6 hours.
    08-21-12 04:06 AM
    Hi guys, would any of you recommend this hybrid for Curve 9360 with base .569?
    08-21-12 04:24 AM
    Awaiting Zoc's RC4 to slap on .649 as base (am aware zoc is testing RC4 & pretty much its a great success).
    08-21-12 05:00 AM
    It is not a bad brew but I am certainly not sure what to make of 649 radio.

It needs time to settle, if anyone keen to beta test 9900 let me know

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    ifraser and mansooriqbal like this.
    08-21-12 05:13 AM

I did mention we were already testing RC4 but it will be a couple of days to bed in at least before we can comment, patience please
    mansooriqbal likes this.
    08-21-12 05:19 AM

BerryLicio.us
    More then happy to beta test for you. Have some experience in hybrids as I used to beta test for BDHP back in the day. Just got my 9900 a week ago and am still playing with it. Great device and I really don't miss the screen real estate of the 9810.
    08-21-12 06:31 AM
    I won't be posting this on main page yet then...

http://bzlink.us/uuv9kn8h3sly/RC4Alp...0.480.zip.html

BerryLicio.us
    fahar, deezy87 and dindin like this.
    08-21-12 06:40 AM
    hiya, are you going for the hybrid rc2 then? as the rc3 is available, and you would not need the dakota files, if you have the .523 base already, just download the rc3 java from the original post in a little box.. and what i did was, mix the rc3 java with the original java, so open the original java folder and just extract the rc3 java in it clicking 'copy and replace' then you should be all ready to load os! i use loader which is located in computer/program files 86x/common files/RIM/loader and that will tell you to update/downgrade just accept the you should've set it off!

and also if you have already got .523 you do not need the .523 sfi as it's already in the os.

hope i helped

**oh and you only need to shrink it if you are comfortable with what you're doing using another program called 'bbhtool', but if you're not sure i'd advise just leaving it and deleting the unnecessary apps off your blackberry when you're all done. it only adds stuff like twitter/facebook/gtalk etc. anyway so nothing to worry about unless you're a bit OCD like me!
    Thanks for the detailed response.
    I'll give it a shot once i'm home from work.

Also can you tell me the difference you felt as compared to official/stock OS.
    my most annoying thing is the lag that i get after a while of usage, how is the battery you're getting. Any other notable difference you found?
    ria__x likes this.
    08-21-12 06:53 AM
    I won't be posting this on main page yet then...

BZLink File Hosting - Born To Share

BerryLicio.us
    downloading RC 4 alpha now.. can't hardly wait...thanks,zocs..
    08-21-12 06:58 AM
    The lag you're talking about is probably the OS settling. This happens to me too, just enjoy the ride, it'll settle down and you'll be in awe as to how slick this hybrid is!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900, powered by BerryLicio.us Ultimate hybrid RC3+.523 sfi, sent using Tapatalk!
    ifraser likes this.
    08-21-12 06:59 AM
    Well gonna try the RC4, wiping device as we speak!!!!!!
    08-21-12 07:11 AM
    I am waiting Zocster to upload RC4 java files for other devices. I will install on 9860. Currently I am using .649 but not satisfied with its signal fluctuations.
    08-21-12 07:20 AM
    Just asked Mr. Zocster if .523 sfi would work, he hasn't given it a shot. Has anyone tried to load RC4 with the .523 sfi, I won't be able to load it until I get home from the office tonight so if anyone has tried and it works can you let me know, please and thank you!
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    08-21-12 07:39 AM
    All done. Shrunk put what i didnt need. Going to install Facebook, Twitter from BB Beta Zone, and meterberry, and leave for a few days. Still no Smart Accessories grrrrrr

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...1&d=1345552721
    http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...1&d=1345552721
    08-21-12 07:40 AM
    Are you not able to add smart accessories? I have no idea what smart accessories could be used for, is it an NFC thing?
    08-21-12 08:01 AM
    Can't add any. Used for a smart dock and other smart accessories lol
    08-21-12 08:05 AM

BerryLicio.us
    Hi Phill UK

If you are out there at the moment what do you make of the .649 .sfi ?

We are on the same network so what works for you seems to work for me too.

Thanks in advance

Legal
    08-21-12 08:15 AM
    Can't add any. Used for a smart dock and other smart accessories lol

Weird, have you ever had it working? I haven't had the luxury, can you tell me what os version it worked for you?

BerryLicio.us
    08-21-12 08:15 AM
10,888 ... 4445464748 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD