RC3 full - extract over the whole directory on the latest OS

It is easier than it looks, let us know if you still need help
    ria__x likes this.
    08-20-12 03:06 PM
    RC3 Java -extract over the java directory in your latest OS

RC3 full - extract over the whole directory on the latest OS

It is easier than it looks, let us know if you still need help
    i'm on rc2 atm with .569 base but .523 sfi

so i downloaded .569 fresh and put fresh .523 sfi in os.. so what should i do next? or should i delete them all and just do it through a fresh download of .523?
    08-20-12 03:13 PM
    ria, just take the os of RC3 copy and paste that into the base os folder....and BINGO! you should be up and running.
    ifraser, ria__x and maxx71 like this.
    08-20-12 03:19 PM
    Thanks Sharma, as per that answer should work ok as 569 will be your latest installed OS.
    ria__x likes this.
    08-20-12 03:25 PM
    Apologies for the noob question - I have a bold 9900 currently on 7.1.0.342

I think I've read and understood what to do so here's the plan

Download full 7.1.0.569_Claro_Dominican_Republic & install on pc

Delete vendor.xml's (done that bit before)

Download full RC3 and paste over install on PC

Grab ALX for Dakota (bold 9900) from first post and extract to the path detailed there

Wipe with BBSAK & then reload via loader.exe

Am I missing anything ?
    ria__x likes this.
    08-20-12 04:32 PM
    Apologies for the noob question - I have a bold 9900 currently on 7.1.0.342

I think I've read and understood what to do so here's the plan

Download full 7.1.0.569_Claro_Dominican_Republic & install on pc

Delete vendor.xml's (done that bit before)

Download full RC3 and paste over install on PC

Grab ALX for Dakota (bold 9900) from first post and extract to the path detailed there

Wipe with BBSAK & then reload via loader.exe

Am I missing anything ?
    You seem to have everything ok but you might find 7.1.0.523 better as the base.

Or hang off till we test this new os more and we will have a fresh release candidate hopefully.
    maxx71, ria__x and damianiw like this.
    08-20-12 04:47 PM
    You seem to have everything ok but you might find 7.1.0.523 better as the base.

Or hang off till we test this new os more and we will have a fresh release candidate hopefully.
    Thanks I need to upgrade to something as current one eats battery badly - long story but had to go back to uk orange os to get phone sorted by shop...

I'll grab 7.1.0.523 and try that for now, apologies for another question but when you say shrink do you mean just deselecting what I don't want when installing (i.e. facebook) or is there another tool I should run prior to install ?

Pretty new to blackberry
    08-20-12 04:56 PM
    That's not a problem, 523 will help you lots specially with BL Ultimate.

By shrinking you use bbsak or bbhtools to remove any application you don't use. This then actually removes the apps install files from the directory.
    ria__x likes this.
    08-20-12 05:04 PM
    i've wiped my os cause it wasnt recognising it and now its not recognising the hybrid :'(
    08-20-12 05:18 PM
    Ok, don't panic. Make sure you have the hybrid in the last os directory that you installed. I have made that mistake before.

Either that or reinstall the base os, then put the hybrid back into that new directory.
    maxx71 and ria__x like this.
    08-20-12 05:23 PM
    ok i am going to reinstall .523 as you say its best. so i have got that on the computer now, installed. should i install that on my phone.. THEN drop the java mix in and update again? OR shall i drop the java mix in my .523 now? and should i wipe that java folder first or just drop the new java on the old java?
    08-20-12 05:29 PM
    Ok, don't get too confused. If you are using the full mix, find the .523 directory, remove the contents and extract the rc3 into that directory.

If you just have the java, extract it into the .523/java directory.

After you have done the mix, only then do you run the loader and install it onto the handset.
    maxx71 and ria__x like this.
    08-20-12 05:43 PM
    I didn't really answer your last question. Sorry, you don't have to delete the original java with the rc3 mix if you want to have all the default apps, if you do delete it the rc3 mix will install but lots have been shrank out.
    ria__x likes this.
    08-20-12 05:46 PM
    Ok, don't get too confused. If you are using the full mix, find the .523 directory, remove the contents and extract the rc3 into that directory.

After you have done the mix, only then do you run the loader and install it onto the handset.
    ok what i did was.. wiped phone, installed .569 on comp but wasn't being recognised even after deleting .vendor.. figured i was doing hybrid so, scrapped .569 and installed fresh .523. shrunk it to my standard, and dropped java mix in .523 java folder..

loading os now.. tell me i've done it right please? lmao so anxious
    08-20-12 05:47 PM
    I didn't really answer your last question. Sorry, you don't have to delete the original java with the rc3 mix if you want to have all the default apps, if you do delete it the rc3 mix will install but lots have been shrank out.
    ah that's good cause i just mixed it in with my original java woop
    08-20-12 05:49 PM

Umm I've just done this but didn't clear .523 folder I just copied & replaced into it - guess another flash tomorrow nite !

I accidentally installed the porsche theme and I'm not really enjoying it, any way to get standard OS 7 theme for tomorrow ?
    *edit* ok found this on deleting porsche theme:http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...emoval-682348/

may try to get use to it but I don't know!
    Last edited by damianiw; 08-20-12 at 05:58 PM.
    08-20-12 05:51 PM
    If you are already loading it I would continue, the check the help screen for the version number.

If its 7.1.0.580 then you managed ok.

What you described sounds correct.
    08-20-12 05:59 PM
    And the porsche theme take s abit of getting used too but looks good after a while.
    ria__x likes this.
    08-20-12 06:01 PM
    If you are already loading it I would continue, the check the help screen for the version number.

If its 7.1.0.580 then you managed ok.

What you described sounds correct.

woop!!!

thankyou for your help, that was a super adrenaline rush lmao
    deezy87 likes this.
    08-20-12 06:07 PM
    .580 here too - thanks

Email working but gmail not synching contacts / calendar - battery pull and bed now will look tomorrow - thanks for your help
    ria__x likes this.
    08-20-12 06:10 PM
    .580 here too - thanks

Email working but gmail not synching contacts / calendar - battery pull and bed now will look tomorrow - thanks for your help
    yay!! bed for me too it's past midnight thanks everyone
    08-20-12 06:11 PM
    yay!! bed for me too it's past midnight thanks everyone
    The first time I loaded a hybrid I was on edge! LOL all I COULD do was hit a bowl and just chill out, let the darn thing finish doing what it is doing. I'm happy you nailed it! Just let it settle in for about 3-4 days roughly, and 2 battery pulls a day. You'll notice a nice improvement...can't wait to see what Zocs cooks up with the 7.1.0.649, til then I'm staying put with the RC3
    mansooriqbal, maxx71 and ria__x like this.
    08-20-12 07:57 PM
    Zocster must be busy in building another wonderful hybrid with base .649. We are waiting for your hybrid. Although, I have installed .649 on my 9860 last night but your hybrids are super. I don't feel like continuing just simple OS.
    08-20-12 09:31 PM
    649 is one hot mofo! And to be honest I can't find anything good about the radio I get low signal stregth
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-20-12 09:55 PM
    Hence why I stuck with .523 sfi on the RC3.
    08-20-12 10:34 PM
10,888 ... 4344454647 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD