am I missed something? where is the link for RC3?
    08-20-12 09:53 AM
    am I missed something? where is the link for RC3?
    In the updated first post in this thread, been there since Thursday or Friday
    08-20-12 09:58 AM
    the .sfi file is 66mb in size on the .649
    08-20-12 10:18 AM
    In the updated first post in this thread, been there since Thursday or Friday
    oops sorry my bad not really seeing it in the box - Thanks!
    08-20-12 10:18 AM
    the .sfi file is 66mb in size on the .649
    Yeah. I am curious as to if it will work with RC3, maybe Zocs or Ian can confirm ?
    08-20-12 10:24 AM
    Can't wait to see what RC4 holds in store for us, RC3 is already as perfect as it can get [for me].

One thing that is kind of off for me is meterberry reading the ADR. I read it calculates it a certain way, thus people seeing discharge rates fluctuate. Can anyone chime in on this?
    08-20-12 10:27 AM
    Got the RC3 installed yeaterday and noticed a few things, the orignal wallpapers that came with the device no longer exsists and ADR post 2 battery pulls is at 2.36%, maybe it still needs settling down period. Browser certainly is quick and reboot happens in less than a minute. Noticed nothing new in the BBM as yet.
    Will report for more findings in the next couple of days.
    I don't have the stock OS wallpapers either. But I didn't think it was much of a big deal. I don't really use them anyway.
    08-20-12 10:31 AM
    I don't have the stock OS wallpapers either. But I didn't think it was much of a big deal. I don't really use them anyway.
    That's because the 9900 RC3 Zocs posted had been pre shrunk to his taste.

If you want things back re install after pasting the RC3 Java over a fresh .569 Java rather than using just the RC3 Java.

This will restore anything that was shrunk out.
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-20-12 10:37 AM
    I heard that RC4 is under testing already ...
    08-20-12 10:47 AM
    I haven't even loaded RC3 yet.

Got my MugenPower battery today though. Its charging as we speak. Hence I haven't taken the RC3 plunge as yet. If RC4 is on its way I myt as well wait.
    08-20-12 10:51 AM
    I heard that RC4 is under testing already ...
    Could well be if Zocs managed to get hold of .649 before it leaked on CB, but until I hear from the man himself I'd guess that it will be a few days yet.

You just can't rush work of this quality.
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-20-12 10:58 AM
    Ahhh shoot! Password keeper isn't on my device...seems like after every hybrid update it just disappears. I'll install that once I get home. Been using the living daylights out of it, and its at 60% whereas before the hybrid it would be by 40 or so....LEGIT!
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-20-12 10:58 AM
    Ahhh shoot! Password keeper isn't on my device...seems like after every hybrid update it just disappears. I'll install that once I get home. Been using the living daylights out of it, and its at 60% whereas before the hybrid it would be by 40 or so....LEGIT!
    Strange, I have password keeper OK and used the pure RC3 Java rather than overwriting it over .569 so ought not to be shrunk out.
    08-20-12 11:06 AM
    RC3 is available in 2 different downloads, a full os directory, and java only,

If you take the java download and overlay the os you use as a base it will add the other apps, wallpapers etc. then you can re-shrink.

Btw, if you copy it over 649 you will lose most of the new java files so not advised.
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-20-12 11:07 AM
    RC3 is available in 2 different downloads, a full os directory, and java only,

If you take the java download and overlay the os you use as a base it will add the other apps, wallpapers etc. then you can re-shrink.

Btw, if you copy it over 649 you will lose most of the new java files so not advised.
    Ian

do you or Zocs know if the .649 sfi works with RC3 ?
    08-20-12 11:09 AM
    mmmmm, we might be doing some playing as i type cant say yet as nothing has been tested.

Stick with RC3 just now then we will keep you all informed if anything changes,
    08-20-12 11:13 AM
    mmmmm, we might be doing some playing as i type cant say yet as nothing has been tested.

I have just installed .649 on 9860 although I was very satisfied with RC3 with .569 sfi but was just anxious to test new leaked OS. Hope Zocster will soon release hybrid for base .649!
    08-20-12 11:20 AM

Message received and understood.

RC3 is still settling in (around 50 hours since install) and I am very happy with it so far.
    One final battery pull and I'll let it be until RC4 arrives.
    ifraser and maxx71 like this.
    08-20-12 11:22 AM
    Strange, I have password keeper OK and used the pure RC3 Java rather than overwriting it over .569 so ought not to be shrunk out.
    I don't know what happens lol. I'll just wait until I leave the office and load password keeper when I get home, then restore with all my passwords back....I should pay more attention to what I'm doing.
    08-20-12 11:50 AM
    Patience lads, will be few days before we know, minor changes.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    mansooriqbal, fahar and maxx71 like this.
    08-20-12 12:42 PM
    Final battery pull as per Zocs recommended shchedule really seems to have settled the OS.

Just had a 9 minute call with no change in battery. Would usually lose 2% for a call of that length on "official" OS's.
    deezy87 and maxx71 like this.
    08-20-12 01:14 PM
    Patience lads, will be few days before we know, minor changes.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    Do you mean minor changes between .580 and .629 or between RC3 and the next version ?
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 08-20-12 at 01:30 PM.
    08-20-12 01:18 PM
    Hi,

I have a 9900 and wanna try out your hybrid. Just need to know how to proceed, i tried searching but got a lot confusing with things.
    Can anyone here who has installed the same guide me to the same?
    should i download RC2/3 or the files from other links. I'm currently on .523.

help would be appreciated
    08-20-12 02:20 PM
    Hi,

I have a 9900 and wanna try out your hybrid. Just need to know how to proceed, i tried searching but got a lot confusing with things.
    Can anyone here who has installed the same guide me to the same?
    should i download RC2/3 or the files from other links. I'm currently on .523.

help would be appreciated
    same lol, my head is mashed but i would like to upgrade from rc2 to rc3 but just confused cause it's a full os. and i downloaded both rc3 java and rc3 os and i'm just befuddled. help!!!
    08-20-12 02:58 PM
    If you are are on .523 then you are part of the way there, you can use the rc3 java file and extract it over your directory, we found the .523 radio good for the hybrid. You will then have to reload your OS, it will tell you you are downgrading but just ignore it. The other option is to fully wipe you handset, but if this is your 1st hybrid then you are better starting easy.
    ria__x likes this.
    08-20-12 03:04 PM
10,888 ... 4243444546 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD