did you wipe before installing?

after injecting cods for RC3 I had similar issue with emails not working for half the night. Reloaded OS after wipe all syncs fine now.
    Actually didn't wipe the device. Will wipe and install again.

BTW, in my case the emails (BIS and BES) works just fine, as well BES services - some issue with Activation module I suspect.
    08-18-12 01:07 AM
    Zocs, just a quick question can I unzip RC3 into 7.1.0.569 and then shrink to my liking? or is it better I use your full OS install for RC3?
    either way, I rather unzip to somewhere on desktop then copy and paste to the install folder. That's just me.

Just curious if this hybrid BBM for OS 7.1 by any chance compatible & will work on OS 6 as well? Like to give it a spin.
    No, OS 6 will come with its own.
    James9900 likes this.
    08-18-12 01:09 AM
    No, OS 6 will come with its own.
    Sigh... Thanks for the info.
    08-18-12 01:11 AM
    RC3 java uploaded.
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-18-12 01:11 AM
    Actually didn't wipe the device. Will wipe and install again.

BTW, in my case the emails (BIS and BES) works just fine, as well BES services - some issue with Activation module I suspect.
    Always always wipe its a hybrid of many many OS.
    08-18-12 01:14 AM
    Always always wipe its a hybrid of many many OS.
    That's right - not that lazy wiping the device, but with a wipe activating BES is kinda of "nightmare", as should go to BES servers acc and so on and so on. With RC1 and RC2 was fine but guessing this hybrid is kind of cooking with many flavors

After another reboot looks like the Activation issue is gone. Re-installed the Podcast app and the sync finished in seconds.
    First will give it a try as it is, if any other issues then will wipe and install again

Thanks!
    zocster likes this.
    08-18-12 01:30 AM
    just downloading RC3,
    quick questions :
    we need to keep both the files for bbm hence not replace the one in the official OS as well as keep this one ?
    i had saved the .523sfi file last time round, is it good to go or i need to replace that ?
    i normally load via the DM hence i assume no need to wipe, please reassure !
    Last edited by maxx71; 08-18-12 at 02:17 AM.
    08-18-12 02:00 AM
    RC3 java uploaded.
    Hi Zocster, so we unzip the RC3 and then also these Java as well into 7.1.0.569?
    08-18-12 02:13 AM
    just downloading RC3,
    quick questions :
    we need to keep both the files for bbm hence not replace the one in the official OS as well as keep this one ?
    i had saved the .523sfi file last time round, is it good to go or i need to replace that ?
    i normally load via the DM hence i assume no need to wipe, please reassure !

Just the java and replace bbm modules

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by BerryLicio.us
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-18-12 02:32 AM
    Hi Zocster, so we unzip the RC3 and then also these Java as well into 7.1.0.569?

The java zip only for the other devices

James9900 likes this.
    08-18-12 02:32 AM
    Just the java and replace bbm modules

Sorry for asking this but i only need to replace and not keep both hybrid and official bbm ?
    08-18-12 02:40 AM
    Sorry for asking this but i only need to replace and not keep both hybrid and official bbm ?

Just copy and paste all java into the fresh 569 then shrink hehe

maxx71 likes this.
    08-18-12 02:52 AM
    Zocster does the Java download also include beta FB and Twitter or is that only with the full OS download? Also, you mention the Java is for other devices so will this not work on the 9900?

Thanks again for your work and efforts. As well as the rest of the team.
    08-18-12 02:58 AM
    Zocster does the Java download also include beta FB and Twitter or is that only with the full OS download? Also, you mention the Java is for other devices so will this not work on the 9900?

Thanks again for your work and efforts. As well as the rest of the team.
    only the full os has the beta apps and alx
    08-18-12 03:04 AM
    In a dilemma! Have RC2 installed for a week now, and running so smooth and sweet. Mem leak in 48 hrs is 4 mb, fluctuates, battery life is amazing. Phone running so smooth, so happy with it. Do I upgrade to RC3? decisions, decisions!
    Iv'e noticed in RC3 there are several .axl and .cod files that i don't have currently on my phone ie Quicklaunch, porsche design .axl
    My current OS was shrunk down to 75 mb prior to installing on phone
    HELP
    08-18-12 03:47 AM
    Don't tick and it won't install.

08-18-12 03:53 AM
    Feeling a little foggy this morning which is probably due to too many pints last night.

Exactly where do we extract the full OS files to as this is a full OS and not a replace files job?

Do we just simply overwrite a pre installed .569 completely or do we extract the whole lot into the same place you would normally find an installed OS i.e C/program Files/Commom Files/RIM etc ?

Sorry for being a bit dim today but this is a completely dufferent ball game to RC1 and RC2 installs and I don't want to it up !!!
    08-18-12 04:39 AM
    What I did was a clean install of the .569, and replaced the UMTS, Java and .axl files with the RC3 files!
    maxx71 and Legal Eagle like this.
    08-18-12 05:15 AM
    What I did was a clean install of the .569, and replaced the UMTS, Java and .axl files with the RC3 files!
    Did you delete all the .569 files from the fresh OS and replace or overwrite ?

I guess complete replace but want to be 100% sure.

Installing a Hybrid with a hangover probably isn't a great idea !!!!
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-18-12 05:20 AM
    I replaced the all, took out what I didn't want. No its not, need a clear head lol
    Legal Eagle and maxx71 like this.
    08-18-12 05:26 AM
    I replaced the all, took out what I didn't want. No its not, need a clear head lol
    Got it (I think)

Delete all java from fresh install and replace with RC3

Delete all .alx from fresh install and replace with RC3 and delete what I don't need.

Already got the .523 .sfi in the fresh install.

Good to go, fingers crossed !!!
    08-18-12 05:31 AM
    I just tried to install RC3 on my 9790 and don't know what i did wrong this time and the DM refused to recognize the OS and it wouldn't upload via app loader as well. I tried various combinations of reinstalling fresh OS, DM and also a fresh .523sfi from the OS, nothing seems to be working. As a last ditch effort i also tried to install a fresh OS, DM and RC3 zip but that has also not worked, guess it's not just my day today.

I have now gone back to RC2 and had no problems in installing the OS.

Is it that i am doing something wrong while installing the RC3 or would there be a compatibility issue.
    08-18-12 06:08 AM
    DM is so old fashion. Use loader, copy and paste the java only link on a fresh install of 569 with 523 sfi.

Make sure vendor files deleted.

I didn't do too much modifications, just perfecting what I had before.

maxx71 likes this.
    08-18-12 06:14 AM
    Great to see your RC3. I am the same who had problem of wifi locking on 9860 with RC2. After deleting all 16 files of wlan from RC2, it is working fine on base .569 with .569 sfi. What changes you have made in RC3? should I try it?
    08-18-12 06:36 AM
    DM is so old fashion. Use loader, copy and paste the java only link on a fresh install of 569 with 523 sfi.

Make sure vendor files deleted.

I didn't do too much modifications, just perfecting what I had before.

What's wrong with DM ? Doesn't it do a wipe for you as part of the process rather than having to do a BBH one ?

I have always used it and it has worked faultlessly for me.
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-18-12 06:41 AM
10,888 ... 3637383940 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD