Thanks. Yes. You right I didn't try in this way. Didn't try to resend service book or battery pull rather I was more dependent on quick launcher reset.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    ok thanks, you need at least one full battery pull to clear the cache properly, I would try that and if that gives you no luck resend the service books as suggested.
    Last edited by ifraser; 08-15-12 at 08:41 AM.
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-15-12 08:35 AM
    slightly off topic but can someone confirm that a alt shift del reboot and a bat pull has the same impact?
    08-15-12 08:41 AM
    slightly off topic but can someone confirm that a alt shift del reboot and a bat pull has the same impact?
    No, alt + shift + del is a soft reset, battery pull is a hard reset
    08-15-12 08:42 AM
    One basic question after using several hybrids on several bb and several years, I have noticed voice call clarity is slightly reduced on hybrids compare to official OS. Also, there had been more instances of call drops. Thu comparison when using same .sfi file on both. I don't know whether it is myth or misconception in my mind.

Prithvi, pin:28472307, Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    08-15-12 08:46 AM
    One basic question after using several hybrids on several bb and several years, I have noticed voice call clarity is slightly reduced on hybrids compare to official OS. Also, there had been more instances of call drops. Thu comparison when using same .sfi file on both. I don't know whether it is myth or misconception in my mind.

Prithvi, pin:28472307, Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    Having have almost every Official OS on my 9900 and plenty of hybrids also I can confirm that is a myth,

Call quality is more likely to be down to the radio file then your networks signal quality.
    08-15-12 08:51 AM
    @Ian, what would a quick pull reboot qualify as ?
    08-15-12 08:52 AM
    thanks for this, i always thought they were identical - will try a few hard battery pulls now
    08-15-12 08:55 AM
    @Ian, what would a quick pull reboot qualify as ?
    Any app based reboot is a soft reset.
    ifraser and maxx71 like this.
    08-15-12 09:16 AM
    Quickpull would be more like a soft reset i believe
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-15-12 09:16 AM
    Thanks Phill & Ian,

I always thought otherwise but now that i am aware i will always do a good old battery pull only and remove the app altogether.
    ifraser likes this.
    08-15-12 09:52 AM
    An alt+shift+del can brick a 9900, trust me its happened to me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-15-12 09:53 AM
    why would it brick your phone?
    08-15-12 10:26 AM
    An alt+shift+del can brick a 9900, trust me its happened to me.
    Unfortunate coincidence...
    ifraser and maxx71 like this.
    08-15-12 10:36 AM
    Quickpull would be more like a soft reset i believe
    As a Blackberry newbie, would like to know more the difference between a BB soft reset & a hard reset.

In Windows mobile devices, a soft reset would simply mean a restart or reboot while a hard reset wipes out all data including installed OS. It seems like it's different here in BB world. Can you please enlighten me more?

It will be critical for us know that we are doing the right thing during the early stages of hybrid installation. Thanks.
    08-15-12 10:46 AM
    As a Blackberry newbie, would like to know more the difference between a BB soft reset & a hard reset.

In Windows mobile devices, a soft reset would simply mean a restart or reboot while a hard reset wipes out all data including installed OS. It seems like it's different here in BB world. Can you please enlighten me more?

It will be critical for us know that we are doing the right thing during the early stages of hybrid installation. Thanks.
    both are just reboots, no wiping of any data
    08-15-12 10:48 AM
    Thanks for clearing up the hard and soft reset guys. So in theory I've never done a hard reset. Maybe that's why my memory drain and battery life isn't up to par.
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-15-12 10:51 AM
    discussion on the pros and cons of hard/soft reset
    Soft Reset
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-15-12 11:16 AM
    thanks for this, i always thought they were identical - will try a few hard battery pulls now
    both are just reboots, no wiping of any data
    So why do you have to do battery pulls if both just do the same - reboot with no data wipe!? Seems like alt+shift(right)+del is more convenient.

Oh yes, you will say because battery pull does hard reset!

But then, back to my previous question: whats the DIFFERENCE between bb hard & soft reset? Please.
    08-15-12 11:22 AM
    see above post. Some say none, some say a hard reset discharges all the electrictrickery!
    08-15-12 11:24 AM

As explained above, one is a soft reset, like a windows reboot

the other is a hard reset, like a power off.
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-15-12 11:27 AM
    Perhaps what is just as important is how often? And remember not to get too hung up on battery/memory discharge rates. Constantly checking will in its self aid your discharge rate! Ive done it lol
    Last edited by BigwhiteUK; 08-15-12 at 11:32 AM.
    08-15-12 11:28 AM
    discussion on the pros and cons of hard/soft reset
    Soft Reset
    Thanks BigWhiteUK!

The referenced link to Joseph Holder's writeup should clear up the issue: BOTH ARE THE SAME!
    Soft reset refers to doing a reboot/reset the SOFTware way by alt+shift(right)+del while hard reset means doing reset/reboot the HARDware way.

I thought I'm doing the wrong way (software reset).
    08-15-12 11:38 AM
    There is no right or wrong way to reboot ur phone and my last post is true.
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-15-12 11:42 AM
    As explained above, one is a soft reset, like a windows reboot the other is a hard reset, like a power off.
    Nah, it's going to be confusing without giving the meaning & effect of a hard reset vs soft reset by simply referring to the terms.

I think the article & posted comments there linked by BigWhiteUK pretty clears up the issue (at least for me).
    08-15-12 11:47 AM
    Lol...ok I have not read the article but as an electonics and IT engineer the facts are if you do a battery pull, you power off your device, if you do a soft reset it just reboots the software.

Neither of these are destructive and you only need to do them when you feel like it.
    I hope you get what you need from the thread and hybrid.
    Legal Eagle and maxx71 like this.
    08-15-12 12:04 PM
10,888 ... 3132333435 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD