Apologies again for the lack of "WOW" in the OS6 hybrid.

This will be the last time we release something in a hurry.

Good things come to those who wait.... Eek!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by BerryLicio.us

Plenty of "WOW" just in all the wrong places

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    08-14-12 12:54 PM
    Apologies again for the lack of "WOW" in the OS6 hybrid.
    Still hoping it will come ...
    This will be the last time we release something in a hurry.
    Good things come to those who wait.... Eek!
    Appreciate catching the sarcasm.
    08-14-12 01:43 PM
    Another friend of mine tested on a 9700, and his media was also unavailable, the app freeze was another issue, but I was unsure of whether it was just for me, as the others didn't report it. But my BBM was also unusable.
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    No worries! Remember mine does shutdown at 40% remaining batt charge without satorius power hack while yours doesn't despite our similar BB models?

Interesting that mine have no problems with media files in this release while yours have!
    08-14-12 01:49 PM
    yes,worked fine... but when you restart the phone , there is pop up warning 'uncaught exception' on ur screen
    Ok, i dont think we are talking about the same task.
    I mean (tasks) i think you are talking about another one?
    08-14-12 05:55 PM
    sorry if out of topic...

just curious about doing pull battery after finish updating os. here i get info not to do pull battery for around 2-3days. in other forum i get info to do it 3x times/day for 3 days. which one is correct?

i try do it for 3 days, but i usually charging with my bb off. if let say on day 2, i do charging with bb off, will it restart the os adjustment to 0 again?
    08-15-12 01:20 AM
    in continuation to my earlier post, the ADR for my device is now 2.44% on heavy usage days and on less heavy days it hovers less than 1.33%...........that is WOW
    rebooting time is now 50secs flat>>that is Insane....WOW

Just wanted to share !
    ifraser and janjan18_18 like this.
    08-15-12 01:24 AM
    I Would normally do a battery pull as soon as you are finished the intall, then another one before you do to bed at night on the 1st day,

that all i do and i find the phone settles fine.
    08-15-12 01:59 AM
    in continuation to my earlier post, the ADR for my device is now 2.44% on heavy usage days and on less heavy days it hovers less than 1.33%...........that is WOW

rebooting time is now 50secs flat>>that is Insane....WOW

Just wanted to share !

mate, mine is nowhere near that, thats why i think it depends on the country your in and also the network. Just to compare, I am on RC2 with .523 sfi, and i did a full wipe before install. I think the readers here would be really interested to know a)What mix are you using b)Your list of apps c)your shrink screen and d)what your free app memory is and your mdr If you can do that I am sure you will get tons of likes and thanks

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-15-12 03:48 AM
    @james, I am using the same mix as you but as mine was the original RC2 doner mix it has been on the phone for longer.

Mine is currently idling at 1.26% with social feeds running but full days are averaging around 4.5% ADR.

As we always say the reading people get are always dependent on usage, network, apps etc.

As long as your all happy with the battery over the OEM OS`s and its smooth running the all is good.
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-15-12 04:08 AM
    For those that are interested
    using OS .569 Claro Dominican Republic
    .523 sfi
    KHBL v2
    Dakota files
    Clean install of OS onto PC, installed the .523 sfi, KHBL .cods and Dakota .axl files. Shrank out everything I didn't want, then clean install on phone using app loader

Apps installed
    USED DAILY
    BBM (no groups) Twitter Facebook Whatsapp, 2 email accounts, Native Browser and Meterberry

USED WHEN NEEDED
    Foursquare
    Poynt
    Vlingo Pro
    Easy Dial
    Telemap Navigator
    Google Maps
    Tunein Radio Pro
    Blackberry Protect

I backed up my contacts with Microsoft Outlook. With fresh install I downloaded my apps individually from App World, having shrunk out social apps. I set up phone to how I wanted it, rather than restore settings.
    Last edited by BigwhiteUK; 08-15-12 at 07:44 AM.
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-15-12 05:30 AM
    Thanks for the info, Just out of interest what is KHBLv2??

I am guessing you also meant that you had shrunk out social feeds, since you use social apps (fb and twitter)

Not a bad drain over the day.
    08-15-12 05:39 AM
    I shrunk out all social media as when you go into App world there are updates to Twitter and Facebook. Not sure if updating them adds to slightly less memory, and I use Blackberry Beta Zone. Overall I have 202mb free
    The KHBLv2 is Version 2 of BL release, all the .cods, originally on Page 1
    Last edited by BigwhiteUK; 08-15-12 at 06:03 AM.
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-15-12 05:52 AM
    Ah, ok so you are using BL Ultimate RC2 then? Sorry the file name is a bit confusing
    08-15-12 05:59 AM
    Anybody else tried the RC2 hybrid other than maxx71 on 9790?
    08-15-12 07:01 AM
    why dont you give it a try, nothing to lose, everything to gain!
    ifraser and maxx71 like this.
    08-15-12 07:08 AM
    so i went from 523 to this hybrid on a 569 base, gave it some days to settle but my battery drain shot right up from the 523 levels so i did whats ome of you have recomended and reinstalled the hybrid on the 569 base using the 523 radio files and am testing that - but so far looks bad. im in the UK on O2 on the 9900
    08-15-12 07:44 AM
    Thats an odd one, we have myself in the UK on Everything Everywhere and another regular contributer also in the UK on Vodafone and neither of us are having any major issues.

I have tried various mixes as I was testing for Zoc and the 569 base java with 580 java and BL2 hybrid over the top, this has definetely left my phone in the best state. But the 523 radio did run alot cooler so that is what i currently have.
    Last edited by ifraser; 08-15-12 at 08:07 AM.
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-15-12 08:04 AM
    so i went from 523 to this hybrid on a 569 base, gave it some days to settle but my battery drain shot right up from the 523 levels so i did whats ome of you have recomended and reinstalled the hybrid on the 569 base using the 523 radio files and am testing that - but so far looks bad. im in the UK on O2 on the 9900

Further info please, apps installed, usage trends? The hybrid is not a miracle cure. If you do use your berry the way I do, then it will show.

I get drains max of 12% during heavy use which is 40% of my day.

ifraser and maxx71 like this.
    08-15-12 08:12 AM
    I tested this hybrid twice on base .5523 on 9860. All other things were fine and was working great but wifi wasn't been saved and connected. So, I had to come back to official OS .523. I have reported this issue at least twice but no solutions by Berry.

Prithvi pin:28472307 Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    08-15-12 08:16 AM
    I tested this hybrid twice on base .5523 on 9860. All other things were fine and was working great but wifi wasn't been saved and connected. So, I had to come back to official OS .523. I have reported this issue at least twice but no solutions by Berry.

Prithvi pin:28472307 Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk

No solution as it is not a problem, have you resent your service books while running the hybrid? Have you battery pull?

I have this hybrid running sweet on 9900, 9790, 9810 and 9860.

Thanks

maxx71 likes this.
    08-15-12 08:19 AM
    @james, I am using the same mix as you but as mine was the original RC2 doner mix it has been on the phone for longer.

Mine is currently idling at 1.26% with social feeds running but full days are averaging around 4.5% ADR.

As we always say the reading people get are always dependent on usage, network, apps etc.

As long as your all happy with the battery over the OEM OS`s and its smooth running the all is good.
    I agree, its country, network, app, battery condition and installation factors involved here. im Jealous at your ADR numbers nonetheless

08-15-12 08:22 AM
    mate, mine is nowhere near that, thats why i think it depends on the country your in and also the network. Just to compare, I am on RC2 with .523 sfi, and i did a full wipe before install. I think the readers here would be really interested to know a)What mix are you using b)Your list of apps c)your shrink screen and d)what your free app memory is and your mdr If you can do that I am sure you will get tons of likes and thanks

@james 9900, i am using the RC2 on a freshly installed .569 OS with the .523 radio file and i did not shrink before i loaded the OS. Free memory on my device is 198 MB and the list of apps is as follows :
    ASAP - Free, ignore calls and send custom messages
    Battery Booster
    Battery Icon
    Be weather - paid
    BBM - at least 20 BBM a day on an average
    Blackberry Protect
    Flashlight Free
    Futurex - green & red themes
    gwabbit
    hp eprint
    Mem Booster
    Net Quin anti virus
    Quick Pull
    seven point five theme
    Signal Booster
    Unit Converter
    Slide to open
    Screen grabber
    Message scheduler

Any more info needed, please write !
    08-15-12 08:23 AM
    Further info please, apps installed, usage trends? The hybrid is not a miracle cure. If you do use your berry the way I do, then it will show.

I get drains max of 12% during heavy use which is 40% of my day.

connected to WIFI at home on idle i get about 1% - this was the same if not sightly better then .523

during medium usage on 3G, 2 emails, 2 texts, 5 bbms and 10 mins of browsing, some facebook/twittering the drain is around the 8% mark, compared to .523 when it was at around 4%

comparing apples with apples because the setup is identical to the 523 one

but have no apps running, cept for weather plus which updates every hour... everything else is manually updated when used...

not sure how .569 original would have fared as went straight to this one from .523

not ungrateful at all, really appreciate the hybrid and the time you guys take to help people with problems, just wanted to feed back my findings...
    maxx71 and ifraser like this.
    08-15-12 08:24 AM
    Thanks for all the data guys, different people have different experiences but we will continue to tweak and you never know, we may even update it again. Watch this space!!
    paulsdv and maxx71 like this.
    08-15-12 08:29 AM
    Thanks. Yes. You right I didn't try in this way. Didn't try to resend service book or battery pull rather I was more dependent on quick launcher reset.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    08-15-12 08:33 AM
10,888 ... 3031323334 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD