Make sure you install over a fresh OS base. And don't shrink task.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by BerryLicio.us
    I shrinked task, is there a problem now? because everything is working fine
    08-13-12 06:16 PM
    I shrinked task, is there a problem now? because everything is working fine
    yes,worked fine... but when you restart the phone , there is pop up warning 'uncaught exception' on ur screen
    08-13-12 06:49 PM
    Hi zocster,

Is it right if I copy and replace all java files in 2 zip files (BL7.1.zip and KHBLv2.rar) to java folder in OS base? Then copy Dakota zip file to OS base? (I'm using 9900)

Thanks
    08-13-12 09:40 PM
    Hi zocster,

Is it right if I copy and replace all java files in 2 zip files (BL7.1.zip and KHBLv2.rar) to java folder in OS base? Then copy Dakota zip file to OS base? (I'm using 9900)

Thanks

You only need to try one or the other. Its a trial thing. Some finding RC1 good, some finds RC2 good. Some finds 523 radio good etc etc

ifraser likes this.
    08-13-12 09:43 PM
    Hi zocster,

My OS base is 569. Is it 569 radio? How to replace with 523 radio?

Thanks again
    08-13-12 09:59 PM
    Hi zocster,

My OS base is 569. Is it 569 radio? How to replace with 523 radio?

Thanks again

Link to multi 523 sfi for 9900 is on first post. You need to register to the site and its free. The radio file located in the UMTS folder of any OS

08-13-12 10:08 PM
    zocs in your opinion... which one is best? BL7.1 with .523 sfi. or RC2 with .523 sfi.

I want more battery life. I dont care about memory leak

I am using 9900.
    08-14-12 12:26 AM
    zocs in your opinion... which one is best? BL7.1 with .523 sfi. or RC2 with .523 sfi.

I am using 9900.

Only you can answer that, it is down to your usage, and network conditions.

ifraser and mansooriqbal like this.
    08-14-12 02:04 AM
    zoc which one is best? BL7.1 with .523 sfi. or RC2 with .523 sfi.

I am using 9900.
    Personally I am still using the RC2 mix with the 523 sfi, I havent had any issues with the battery or memory leak. However I started by using the 569 radio and found it good, only changed to bring the running temperature down a bit but as zoc says, this is a local thing, other people have used this without issue.
    Last edited by ifraser; 08-14-12 at 02:50 AM.
    maxx71 and mansooriqbal like this.
    08-14-12 02:44 AM
    Personally I am still using the RC2 mix with the 523 sfi, I havent had any issues with the battery or memory leak.
    Me too... and I still can't fault it

I've used many hybrids in the past, but never one like this where absolutely everything just works! It's fast, stable, with good battery life, and negligible memory leak.

Thanks again guys for sharing this great mix!
    08-14-12 03:50 AM
    Bold 9900, stock battery, OS 7.1 using Zocster's RC2 Hybrid with .523sfi. Mexico 4 build phone.
    Use Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp and BBM heavily throughout the day. Also browsing and watching the occasional video clip. occasional e mails
    Fully charged battery at 11:03 am Monday 13/8
    It is now 10:00 am Tuesday 14/8
    Battery level 48% ADR 1.8%, does fluctuate depending on use
    Memory loss 0.7mb
    Im more than happy with this
    08-14-12 05:17 AM
    ADR and Memory leak must be country and network dependent. it has to be. In Hong Kong on 3HK my ADR averages 9% and leak in 24 hours Approx 35 MB. Much better than before though on RC2 and .523 sfi.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    ifraser likes this.
    08-14-12 09:17 AM
    Bold 9900, stock battery, OS 7.1 using Zocster's RC2 Hybrid with .523sfi. Mexico 4 build phone.
    Use Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp and BBM heavily throughout the day. Also browsing and watching the occasional video clip. occasional e mails
    Fully charged battery at 11:03 am Monday 13/8
    It is now 10:00 am Tuesday 14/8
    Battery level 48% ADR 1.8%, does fluctuate depending on use
    Memory loss 0.7mb
    Im more than happy with this
    Why you copy and paste it from here lol http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...37/index4.html
    08-14-12 09:26 AM
    Anyways, i tried (again) my *badluck with BL build 1 and RC2 with build NO 1, sfi .523 and some modification / personal tweaks made by myself, its been 2 days now and ADR and MDR is better! will report back after 3rd days and more batt pulls
    08-14-12 09:29 AM
    yes,worked fine... but when you restart the phone , there is pop up warning 'uncaught exception' on ur screen
    Nope, i shrinked almost everything, not getting that error with every batt pulls tho
    08-14-12 09:30 AM
    Because it is relevant to both topics!
    Slayohslay likes this.
    08-14-12 09:53 AM
    That is the way the hybrid works sometimes, once your phone settles you will find the battery life either stays stable or improves.
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-14-12 10:09 AM
    How do I get the SFI posted on the first page on my RC2 installed phone?
    08-14-12 11:11 AM
    Yeah it is. But last time i load both Build 1 and RC2, not working well. Hope everything goes well in a matter or time.
    08-14-12 11:11 AM
    How do I get the SFI posted on the first page on my RC2 installed phone?
    There is no other way. You have to RE-load your OS cause i believe that .sfi file cannot be inject by BBsak, or any other similar tools. Correct me if im wrong
    08-14-12 11:12 AM
    I dont get what you mean? If you are looking to find out the release version then you would have to compare the file versions i am afraid,
    08-14-12 11:15 AM
    There is no other way. You have to RE-load your OS cause i believe that .sfi file cannot be inject by BBsak, or any other similar tools. Correct me if im wrong
    No you are correct. the radio file is the main file loaded so you cannot load this after the handset is installed without reloading the OS
    08-14-12 11:17 AM
    As any hybrid junkie would & despite two previous negative reviews, installed OS 6 version (using .723 base & sfi) on my aging 9300 3G with a breeze with no issues whatsoever getting the hybrid boot & loaded.

Went directly to media folder to test media apps after getting a report (by bmercer?) that they won't open - well it did opened pix, music & video files. Then came the first hint of problem: QRcode won't close/exit, followed by uncaught exception error from BB Messenger although it was not even running. App World would open but runs extremely slow on apps upgrade before eventually crashing. Except for the browser & messages (from emails), most apps would not open and freeze the system with only the option menu button functioning. The freeze lasts for quite a while except for text messaging & twitter which tends to be unrecoverable without rebooting by battery pull or alt + shift (right) + del keys.

Just wondering if OS 6 version was tested by any 9300 3G Berry tester? It's probably not compatible with our device model? Was wondering too with other OS 6 forum members review, are you experiencing the same problems that 3 of us who tried experienced? (Specially those who were constantly pushing for the release of the OS 6 version! )

Thanks in advance for any feedback from Berrylicio.us team. Wish we could similarly enjoy the positive reviews of OS 7.1 version.
    08-14-12 11:38 AM
    As any hybrid junkie would & despite two previous negative reviews, installed OS 6 version (using .723 base & sfi) on my aging 9300 3G with a breeze with no issues whatsoever getting the hybrid boot & loaded.

Went directly to media folder to test media apps after getting a report (by bmercer?) that they won't open - well it did opened pix, music & video files. Then came the first hint of problem: QRcode won't close/exit, followed by uncaught exception error from BB Messenger although it was not even running. App World would open but runs extremely slow on apps upgrade before eventually crashing. Except for the browser & messages (from emails), most apps would not open and freeze the system with only the option menu button functioning. The freeze lasts for quite a while except for text messaging & twitter which tends to be unrecoverable without rebooting by battery pull or alt + shift (right) + del keys.

Just wondering if OS 6 version was tested by any 9300 3G Berry tester? It's probably not compatible with our device model? Was wondering too with other OS 6 forum members review, are you experiencing the same problems that 3 of us who tried experienced? (Specially those who were constantly pushing for the release of the OS 6 version! )

Thanks in advance for any feedback from Berrylicio.us team. Wish we could similarly enjoy the positive reviews of OS 7.1 version.

Another friend of mine tested on a 9700, and his media was also unavailable, the app freeze was another issue, but I was unsure of whether it was just for me, as the others didn't report it. But my BBM was also unusable.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    08-14-12 12:23 PM
    Apologies again for the lack of "WOW" in the OS6 hybrid.

This will be the last time we release something in a hurry.

Good things come to those who wait.... Eek!

08-14-12 12:38 PM
10,888 ... 2930313233 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD