That's reassuring !!! Thanks !
    Had to pop out to a meeting and been thinking as I was driving.

You do need to remove the installed .523 OS

DM works on platform which is in turn defined by the .sfi.

If you have 2 OS's installed with the .523.sfi (i.e the Hybrid and teh full .523) then DM may well only pick up one of them and it may be the wrong one.

Sorry for the delay, hope I caught you in time.
    08-10-12 10:04 AM
    I shrunk out the Device Analyser by mistake.... Which files do I need to re install, will I have to do a complete install. Uk here
    No need for a re-install

Just OTA install it from here... http://www.theiexplorers.com/OTA/Ana...6/Analyzer.jad
    BigwhiteUK and maxx71 like this.
    08-10-12 10:08 AM
    Cheers Phil
    08-10-12 10:16 AM

If you have 2 OS's installed with the .523.sfi (i.e the Hybrid and teh full .523) then DM may well only pick up one of them and it may be the wrong one.

Thanks Legal,
    Managed to install RC2 with .523sfi.
    I reinstalled .523 and it gave me an option to repair or install, i clicked repair and it gave me the full file as it was, i then unistalled after extracting the .523 file. It was succesful uninstall this time round.
    Post this, i followed the drill and OS download was sucessful.

Thanks for your help ! Reinstall did the trick for me and i downloaded the OS via DM.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    08-10-12 10:38 AM
    i will post the findings after a couple of days !
    08-10-12 10:40 AM

Your definetely dont need to remove 523, as long as the last os you installed was the higher one then it will look to that directory for the install files
    08-10-12 11:00 AM
    anyone have a status on os6 ver?
    08-10-12 12:34 PM
    anyone have a status on os6 ver?

Will update post 1 today

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by BerryLicio.us
    08-10-12 06:38 PM
    Will update post 1 today

Awesome ty

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    08-10-12 07:24 PM
    What has everyone found to be the best implementation of this hybrid for the 9900?

I was planning to install 569 as the base, then I was unsure whether to copy RC1 or RC2 into the Java folder....?

And whats all this talk about the 523 sfi

Sorry, I'm usually okay installing hybrids, but I'm a bit slow to catch up on all 40 pages to find what might work best for me... I need one with a stable radio as my 9900 cycles in and out of SOS all day at my house. I think I might have one of the 9900's with faulty radios

Thanks!
    08-10-12 11:39 PM
    Same. I want to know the best possible mix for 9900 too. I am looking for longer battery life, stable wifi and network bars.
    HELP ZOCS!
    08-10-12 11:45 PM
    What has everyone found to be the best implementation of this hybrid for the 9900?
    .569 base with RC2 copied into the Java folder is the most popular combo.

The radio file is a personal choice. Some prefer to keep the .569 sfi while others prefer to swap it with the .523 sfi. Try them both to see which suits you best.
    Big_Ern likes this.
    08-10-12 11:48 PM

I was planning to install 569 as the base, then I was unsure whether to copy RC1 or RC2 into the Java folder....?

And whats all this talk about the 523 sfi

Sorry, I'm usually okay installing hybrids, but I'm a bit slow to catch up on all 40 pages to find what might work best for me... I need one with a stable radio as my 9900 cycles in and out of SOS all day at my house. I think I might have one of the 9900's with faulty radios

Thanks!
    Hi,
    You need install a fresh .569 then copy RC2 alond with the dakota alx files posted in the first page itself.
    .523 sfi has a cooler radio than .569 hence you need to download .523 OS and copy the radio file from the UMTS folder right below where the java is placed> replace the .569 sfi with the .523 sfi and you are good to go.
    Hope i made sense !
    Big_Ern likes this.
    08-10-12 11:53 PM
    Thanks for the quick response and explanation guys!
    08-10-12 11:57 PM
    Where do I put the ALX files? and do I shrink before or after I copy them? (or does it not matter...)

edit: nevermind... I figured it out
    Last edited by Big_Ern; 08-11-12 at 12:51 AM.
    08-11-12 12:41 AM
    I've been using this hybrid for 3 days now...

all I can say is....Zocster a true builder!

Was on .569 for couple weeks with horrible battery life. I have to charged it twice a day at least (I dont use it for mobile calls, only for bbm, emails, twitter, etc).

But then came this excellent build.
    Now I can use it whole day without worrying for the batt life.

Thanks to Z's & his team for the awesome hybrid!!
    maxx71 and zocster like this.
    08-11-12 01:18 AM
    First post updated with OS6 thanks

dj_pavo, ifraser and henxui25 like this.
    08-11-12 01:28 AM
    Tks u for os 6 version, do u have other link? i can't download
    Last edited by henxui25; 08-11-12 at 02:22 AM.
    08-11-12 02:15 AM
    Tks u for os 6 version, do u have other link? i can't download

Busy with family at this minute, you need to register.

08-11-12 02:57 AM
    Busy with family at this minute, you need to register.
    tks u, other link os6 version from zoc
    https://www.box.com/s/ff3ecc7f5b7d2e4c5aec
    zocster likes this.
    08-11-12 03:53 AM
    I have gone through about 4 different hybrids on my 9900 in the last month. I was running Barracuda Dakota series before this one. I ran 2.5 then upgraded to 3.1 and then 3.4. Barracuda was very fast and responsive but my BB bridge did NOT work. Then I updated to 3.4SSG and while it was very fast and battery life was good and no memory leak at all... But it was missing a TON of features and I couldn't get some apps to install and of course bridge still didn't work. I ditched it within 24 hours.

So I came to this one. I couldn't get some things to work with RC2 so I went with BL7.1 instead. I copied over the radio from Dakota series 3.4SSG (I believe it's the .523) and installed it all over the .569 base. I am completed floored by the quality of this setup. Been on it for 48 hours now and let me tell you... Greatest hybrid yet. I have let my phone idle mostly with very little interaction with wifi and GPS turned on, Gtalk connected and no apps updating in the background. I've recieved 3 phone calls which were less than 5 minutes each, 4 emails which I glanced at and maybe 12 Gtalk messages. it is now 9:20PM and she's been unplugged since 3:20 and we're still at 96 percent. I'm not sure how it holds up on just cellular yet as I haven't left my house. But the memory is holding up pretty solid as well. And best of all. BRIDGE WORKS!!! Thank you so much for this hybrid. I can't wait to install on my other BB I use in the States and I hope to have the same results with it. Again thank you so much.
    08-11-12 07:23 AM
    I have gone through about 4 different hybrids on my 9900 in the last month. I was running Barracuda Dakota series before this one. I ran 2.5 then upgraded to 3.1 and then 3.4. Barracuda was very fast and responsive but my BB bridge did NOT work. Then I updated to 3.4SSG and while it was very fast and battery life was good and no memory leak at all... But it was missing a TON of features and I couldn't get some apps to install and of course bridge still didn't work. I ditched it within 24 hours.

So I came to this one. I couldn't get some things to work with RC2 so I went with BL7.1 instead. I copied over the radio from Dakota series 3.4SSG (I believe it's the .523) and installed it all over the .569 base. I am completed floored by the quality of this setup. Been on it for 48 hours now and let me tell you... Greatest hybrid yet. I have let my phone idle mostly with very little interaction with wifi and GPS turned on, Gtalk connected and no apps updating in the background. I've recieved 3 phone calls which were less than 5 minutes each, 4 emails which I glanced at and maybe 12 Gtalk messages. it is now 9:20PM and she's been unplugged since 3:20 and we're still at 96 percent. I'm not sure how it holds up on just cellular yet as I haven't left my house. But the memory is holding up pretty solid as well. And best of all. BRIDGE WORKS!!! Thank you so much for this hybrid. I can't wait to install on my other BB I use in the States and I hope to have the same results with it. Again thank you so much.
    I've recently moved back to RC1 as well. Using the .523 sfi. I just can't put my hand on it. Memory drain is 90% less then with RC2, running exactly the same apps. Battery drain has leveled out at about 6% as opposed to 10% average while running RC2. I'm now seriously thinking of keeping the .523 sfi but running it with RC2 to see if that give me better performance. HYBRIDS will always make you want better performance
    ifraser likes this.
    08-11-12 11:20 AM
    I've recently moved back to RC1 as well. Using the .523 sfi. I just can't put my hand on it. Memory drain is 90% less then with RC2, running exactly the same apps. Battery drain has leveled out at about 6% as opposed to 10% average while running RC2. I'm now seriously thinking of keeping the .523 sfi but running it with RC2 to see if that give me better performance. HYBRIDS will always make you want better performance
    Sounds as though it must be an app that does not play well with RC2.

My 9900 is virtually app free (just advance OS and MeterBerry) and I have experienced very little memory loss with RC1 or RC2 (currently -0.3mb after 23 hours uptime with RC2)
    maxx71 and dj_pavo like this.
    08-11-12 11:30 AM
    Sounds as though it must be an app that does not play well with RC2.

My 9900 is virtually app free (just advance OS and MeterBerry) and I have experienced very little memory loss with RC1 or RC2 (currently -0.3mb after 23 hours uptime with RC2)

So you suggest I should stick with RC1. I only have apps that I actually use. Nothing installed that's just taking up space. I know a cooler running battery can improve battery life. Would it be worth it reloading RC2 but with .523 sfi? I don't mind the memory leak. Have in excess of 180mbs available. The battery drain is what concerns me more. 4% is quite a substantial difference.
    08-11-12 12:32 PM
    So you suggest I should stick with RC1. I only have apps that I actually use. Nothing installed that's just taking up space. I know a cooler running battery can improve battery life. Would it be worth it reloading RC2 but with .523 sfi? I don't mind the memory leak. Have in excess of 180mbs available. The battery drain is what concerns me more. 4% is quite a substantial difference.
    I've tried both sfi (523 and 569) in my 9900 the 523 gives cooler running battery and also around 2-4% lesser ADR compared to 569.
    maxx71 and dj_pavo like this.
    08-11-12 02:34 PM
10,888 ... 2728293031 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD