quick question.

have people been getting a better response with the .569 base with .523 sfi?

I am using the .569 sfi and its fine!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-08-12 08:14 PM
    .569 sfi runs slightly hotter but I personally find browsing and data in general to be lightning fast with no intermittent connection issues like before . RC2 battery life seems surreal. Memory leak is still quite a bit at -34MB in 11 hours.

maxx71 and AbuYazeedUK like this.
    08-08-12 08:29 PM
    I did try removing them first, but had a few problems. Lots of errors before my data was restored, and it killed VAD completely. Much safer to remove them after a restore.
    Hi Phill, under BBH Tools under phone tools, .cod, the remove tab is greyed out....please see the picture enclosed. I have no idea why.
    08-08-12 09:37 PM
    I did try removing them first, but had a few problems. Lots of errors before my data was restored, and it killed VAD completely. Much safer to remove them after a restore.
    Hi Phill, dont worry about it, sorted it with BBSAK, cheers.
    08-08-12 10:37 PM
    Just to say thanks for the hybrid

At first used the "original" hybrid, which looks like to be the best OS ever installed on my Bold, not to mention battery life.

Somehow didn't work well with RC2, the battery life was no good at all, back to the "original".

Seeing most users happy with RC2, suspect as I am adding east-asian language cods from other OSes might be the issue

When phone idle and on WiFi- battery discharge rate is ~1%. When in "heavy usage stage" - in a shuttle bus on highway (phone often changing base stations) with 3G/H+, listening to podcasts,the same time intensively browsing on PB via Bridge, few calls and bit of BBM, the battery dischanrge rate never goes over 10%, which actually is GREAT!

Just for info - base os 569
    08-08-12 10:40 PM
    This would also depend how long you left it, your phone would take 2-3 days to settle with the OS.

We did play with a couple of Battery control modules so one that helps you might not have been the one we used which suited the UK
    08-09-12 03:00 AM
    Good day guys.

I know this is a longshot, but would someone be able to upload just the 523 sfi file on its own? Or will I have to download the complete OS? I had the install file on my pc but I deleted it by mistake.

Thanks.
    08-09-12 04:01 AM
    Good day guys.

I know this is a longshot, but would someone be able to upload just the 523 sfi file on its own? Or will I have to download the complete OS? I had the install file on my pc but I deleted it by mistake.

Thanks.
    This is the only one I have, registration is free.
    dj_pavo likes this.
    08-09-12 04:09 AM
    .569 sfi runs slightly hotter but I personally find browsing and data in general to be lightning fast with no intermittent connection issues like before . RC2 battery life seems surreal. Memory leak is still quite a bit at -34MB in 11 hours.

Suspect that your memory leak may be app related.

I only have 2 apps installed, MeterBerry and Advance OS.

Memory loss 0.8mb after 60 hours uptime.
    ifraser likes this.
    08-09-12 04:14 AM
    This would also depend how long you left it, your phone would take 2-3 days to settle with the OS.

We did play with a couple of Battery control modules so one that helps you might not have been the one we used which suited the UK

I suspect it is the battery control modules.

Just to ask you - on your signature is mention that your base OS is .580, ... while you are with 9900 (not 9930) - could you provide info, or link, how you are getting the .580 as a base OS of 9900. Thanks!
    08-09-12 04:18 AM
    If you are using RC2 that is my java mix so it was 569 with 580 java overlayed, then the RC2 mix over that also.

It is using a fair amount of 580 cods in the mix.
    Last edited by ifraser; 08-09-12 at 05:01 AM.
    sheldonbk likes this.
    08-09-12 04:32 AM
    Thanks Zocster. Going to reinstall the RC2 hybrid with the 523 sfi this time. My battery drain is still very high. Hope with the battery running cooler it might give me better battery drain as well.
    08-09-12 04:34 AM
    If you are using RC2 that is my java mix so it was 568 with 580 java overlayed, then the RC2 mix over that also.

It is using a fair amount of 580 cods in the mix.
    Got it - later will download .580 and put the Java over 568, and again put the RC2 to give it a second try.

Thanks
    08-09-12 04:48 AM
    Got it - later will download .580 and put the Java over 568, and again put the RC2 to give it a second try.

Thanks
    I am surprise no one picked up on my typo...I do mean 569 as the base of course.

FYI I have also since changed the 569 radio file back to the 523 one as is being discussed in the thread at the moment but it is up to you what mix you try.
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-09-12 05:02 AM
    I've gone back to RC1 with 523 sfi. From initial observations I can see the memory drain isn't as high as when I had RC2 installed. Same number of apps installed. Not sure how that's possible. Is the performance dependant on the country or the carrier as well?
    08-09-12 01:24 PM
    Fresh install of base OS is best. I suggest removing OS first, then reboot, reinstall OS then hybrid then shrink.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by BerryLicio.us
    Thanks Zocster I'll do that!

I've gone back to RC1 with 523 sfi. From initial observations I can see the memory drain isn't as high as when I had RC2 installed. Same number of apps installed. Not sure how that's possible. Is the performance dependant on the country or the carrier as well?
    Do you mind posting the 523 sfi as well as a description of where to place the file. Did you add it after copying the files from the Dakota zip etc?
    08-09-12 03:52 PM
    having the same problem here. with RC2, getting around 30MB memory leak for 2days. but true better performance and signal locking than BL1.
    08-09-12 08:10 PM
    Installed the hybrid last night and its been really smooth, fast and responsive. To everyone who worked on it thanks and great job. Just one question, I'm having the issue where the volume on the media player decreases when I am using my headphones and I have to pause it for it to go to normal temporarily only for it to decrease again. I know this isn't a hybrid issue as I was having it on the last official os I installed (which is the most recent release) but I was wondering if there was any tips on fixing this or if I just have to wait for another OS release.

Thanks again guys for all the hard work
    ifraser likes this.
    08-09-12 08:44 PM
    having the same problem here. with RC2, getting around 30MB memory leak for 2days. but true better performance and signal locking than BL1.

I get as low as 20mb phone memory left after 4 days, messenger groups, people rejoining, and those damn ASCII logos!

Still phone performs well though

08-09-12 08:50 PM
    I get as low as 20mb phone memory left after 4 days, messenger groups, people rejoining, and those damn ASCII logos!

Still phone performs well though

true, that's why i said in my comment earlier that RC2 is good an d have better performance than BL1.

I don't have any problem with memory leak, just want to make comparison for others who have similiar memory leak in RC2. just in case they thought only them having this problem.
    08-09-12 09:26 PM
    I am surprise no one picked up on my typo...I do mean 569 as the base of course.

FYI I have also since changed the 569 radio file back to the 523 one as is being discussed in the thread at the moment but it is up to you what mix you try.
    Yesterday installed .569, on them east-asian language cods from 523, on them .580, and finally on the top your mix.

BTW, for less than 24h it gives quite a good battery life -- less than 2% drain when on Wifi, bit of BBM, several emails, and couple of calls, with some IM and social services running.

Later will do my "heavy usage" test - on a high-way often changing base stations, and will see the results.

I suppose to stay for couple of days at least with this mix, of course if works well for me, and then may consider changing .523 sfi
    08-09-12 09:46 PM
    Thank you for this awesome hybrid!
    ifraser likes this.
    08-09-12 09:55 PM
    This thread has gone awfully quiet... Perhaps Zocs working on RC3

08-10-12 04:01 AM
    Im actually hoping Zocster is busy with the BL for OS6. My 9780 needs some juice now.
    08-10-12 04:21 AM
    No we havent had any OS updates worth making any major changes guys, we have all just been busy with work this week.

BL Ultimate is coming for OS 6, I keep asking the question to the guys that are developing it.
    dj_pavo likes this.
    08-10-12 04:39 AM
10,888 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD