Hi Phill

If you're out there, how is your combo of Mk2 with .569 base and .523 sfi working out ?

I've put the same combo together and am hoping for a thumbs up before I load it up.

Thanks

Legal
    08-01-12 11:42 AM
    Let see how this build goes with my Bold 9900
    08-01-12 11:48 AM
    Hi Phill

If you're out there, how is your combo of Mk2 with .569 base and .523 sfi working out ?

I've put the same combo together and am hoping for a thumbs up before I load it up.

Thanks

Legal
    Well it's been 24hrs now, and she's nicely settled in.

Not been off charge long, but this pretty much tells the picture of how it's working out...

Legal Eagle likes this.
    08-01-12 12:02 PM
    Well it's been 24hrs now, and she's nicely settled in.

Not been off charge long, but this pretty much tells the picture of how it's working out...

Click to view quoted image
    Thanks Phill

Sounds like time to light the blue touch paper and load it up

Legal
    ifraser likes this.
    08-01-12 12:05 PM
    just finish combine BL 1 & 2 plus shrink manual (erase some cod got 179modules left) + modified alx. got free mem around 245-250MB

will update how it goes later after os settle in.

got a question, is it true that we can lock signal to 1 tower using screen engineering (theoretically by locking to 1 tower it will save battery) ?
    Last edited by will_chrome; 08-01-12 at 01:30 PM.
    08-01-12 01:18 PM
    just finish combine BL 1 & 2 plus shrink manual (erase some cod got 179modules left) + modified alx. got free mem around 245-250MB

will update how it goes later after os settle in.

got a question, is it true that we can lock signal to 1 tower using screen engineering (theoretically by locking to 1 tower it will save battery) ?

You know if you coming BL Ultimate RC1 and RC2 you just end up with RC2 If you over wrote the java directories you will just replace the cods that were changed to make 2 anyway.

As for the cell tower lock.....Dont mess with the engineering screen, you can scrap your phone that way if you do the wrong thing.
    08-01-12 04:11 PM
    Best to have freshly installed base

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by BerryLicio.us
    went with fresh os and everything is A ok.. no complaints here.
    ifraser likes this.
    08-01-12 04:19 PM
    DOESN'T WORK ON 9360!! I've learned that the hard way...
    08-01-12 05:52 PM
    DOESN'T WORK ON 9360!! I've learned that the hard way...

What doesn't work? Anything we can help with!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    08-01-12 07:17 PM
    You know if you coming BL Ultimate RC1 and RC2 you just end up with RC2 If you over wrote the java directories you will just replace the cods that were changed to make 2 anyway.

As for the cell tower lock.....Dont mess with the engineering screen, you can scrap your phone that way if you do the wrong thing.
    my stupidity but i don't know if it because of the modified alx nor the manual shrink. i got better adr in the 2nd upgrading (1.1% for 2G) than the 1st time (shrink using bbhtool got me above 5% for 2G, often more than 10%).

thanks for the advice ifraser. i'm trying to find a way to improve my battery life since, signal quality here sucks. I got this tips for engineering screen (useful for os 6, since it can choose neighborhood tower with strongest signal) but when i tried myself in my 9900 (there's only scan option).
    Last edited by will_chrome; 08-01-12 at 07:48 PM.
    08-01-12 07:41 PM
    Looking forward to checking this out!
    08-01-12 09:35 PM
    Hello you, hybrid monsters!!! I would like to thank all the gyus that were working on that fabulous hybrid. It is what it says at the first post-fast, snappy and battery life improved. I have been using hybrids since my first Storm 9550. But after I moved to 9900I have been using an official fw. So this is my first hybrid on my 9900 and after three days I must say-it is fantastic. I was lucky to have it installed 2 days ago because yesterday I had a very nice option to give it a hard time. My wife is travelling now, she was leaving yesterday and we had to use all types of messangers to be able to communicate. So a lot of calls, texting, bbm, IM+ and whatsapp. Great mix for the battery drain, right? So it's been 24 hours now since it was charged last time and it is still alive!!! It's at about 15% now but it is amazing! Oh, I forgot to add bridge and wifi usage, just came to my mind. And let's not forget the booting time and a superfast browser.
    All that being said-that is a MUST HAVE HYBRID for 9900. Now my question that I was going to ask a long time ago.
    To keep this hybrid up and running the way it is now, do I need to keep the current configuration or it could be changed? I mean I updated the Appworld with the latest version and the Facebook with the beta-version. Is it OK or it could harm the hybrid? So far it seems fine but if the app upgrade could possibly harm the system I would keep it as it is now.

Please, let me know.

Thanks again for the job well done gyus!!! Cheers,
    08-02-12 12:37 AM
    So far it seems fine but if the app upgrade could possibly harm the system I would keep it as it is now.

Please, let me know.

Thanks again for the job well done gyus!!! Cheers,
    Thanks, but you won't have issues with updating apps.

Cheers

08-02-12 12:52 AM
    What doesn't work? Anything we can help with!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    well... nothing works lol I get an "invalid OS" message when booting and it hangs from there.
    08-02-12 03:43 AM
    well... nothing works lol I get an "invalid OS" message when booting and it hangs from there.

Did you extract the java over a freshly installed base?

08-02-12 03:45 AM
    Better to paste over a fresh install just in case.
    ... hum...I had install it over the first BL (the java mix)... It�s better to have it installed over a fresh new OS?
    08-02-12 03:48 AM
    Thanks, but you won't have issues with updating apps.

Cheers
    Thanks!
    08-02-12 05:44 AM
    hey guys can someone please give me a step by step guide as to how to do it or link me to a video because its the first time im installing a hybrid and i dont know if i mess up if it can be fixed like the iphone lol -- no experience at all.

I saw RWWackoStu's post but didnt get it. Also, i have no clue what shrinking and core means in this context :P

Also, it must be noted that I have v7.1.0.342, Platform 5.1.0.276
    Thanks!
    Last edited by holydevil27; 08-02-12 at 07:17 AM.
    08-02-12 07:11 AM
    hey guys can someone please give me a step by step guide as to how to do it or link me to a video because its the first time im installing a hybrid and i dont know if i mess up if it can be fixed like the iphone lol -- no experience at all.

I saw RWWackoStu's post but didnt get it. Also, i have no clue what shrinking and core means in this context :P

Also, it must be noted that I have v7.1.0.342, Platform 5.1.0.276
    Thanks!
    Afternoon @holy

Sorry to appear unhelpfull but the instructions are on the 1st page and also a step by step guide on how I do an installation a few pages in.

There arent many more ways that we can show you how to install the OS.

As long as you install the newer base OS, delete the vendor files, place the Hybrid replacement files in the correct place then it should be no different to hooking your handset up to Desktop Manager.

I hope you manage to get it sorted. If not send me a direct message and I may be able to do a remote session to make sure you have the files in the right place.
    sofes and holydevil27 like this.
    08-02-12 09:39 AM
    Hi there!
    Really a huge improvement on my BB with this hybrid!
    Thanks a lot guys...
    S
    (2nd release, over a "fresh and clean" os 569"!!)
    (as someone said before... no longer a hybrid-virgin )
    Last edited by sofes; 08-02-12 at 10:47 AM.
    08-02-12 10:12 AM
    will this os work on p8891 porsche design?
    08-02-12 12:34 PM
    will this os work on p8891 porsche design?

Yep, fresh install 523 on pc, extract the java over the java folder. Don't have alx to play with so, ... Sorry.

08-02-12 12:39 PM
    Hey does it matter if I forgot to replace the alx files?
    08-02-12 01:12 PM
    Hey does it matter if I forgot to replace the alx files?

Not really, it doesn't matter.

08-02-12 01:25 PM
    When I installed the hybrid OS, I got a lot of uncaught exceptions and the errors dont go away, for example :

Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
    Any ideas?
    08-02-12 03:01 PM
10,888 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD