Mine hasnt settled yet but its sitting at 3% most of today. with very little memory leak.
    07-31-12 08:38 AM
    Aye iFraser, I agree. A wee bit impatient on my part. Having said that WillChrome in the next post has had a completely different start up experience to mine. I did not Security wipe nor wipe. Maybe thats the issue.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    true, my booting time way faster than before, even a friend of mine get jealous saw it earlier

dunno if it because I wipe total the previous sfi & java (not error 507, but black screen and blink red). so it runs faster and smoother from the beginning.

but thanks to poor signal quality here I got some freeze back there when recovering groups via mmc, till I couldn't open bbm (I almost think I had done something wrong and prepare to wipe again tonite). but now it runs smooth, and i lower the trackpad sensitivity to 50

now trying not to do pull batt for 2-3days, just like ifraser said earlier. cause before now, i'll almost done pull batt 2-3 times a day just to change battery (again thanks to poor quality signal so my battery drains out fast).
    James9900 likes this.
    07-31-12 08:38 AM
    As the update is in rar format, how do you extract to the OS?
    07-31-12 08:52 AM

7zip.org stu, use that

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by BerryLicio.us
    07-31-12 08:53 AM
    It is a rar archive of the Java files required for the hybrid, just use winrar and extract into the java directoy.
    07-31-12 08:54 AM
    winrar, uniextract .. etc..
    07-31-12 09:44 AM
    winrar, uniextract .. etc..
    Or jZip will work fine too.
    07-31-12 10:07 AM
    Just wondering if anyone could comment on the differences they've seen between this hybrid and a stock 569 on the 9900? I used all the B@stard hybrids on my 9700 and they were MILES ahead of the stock OS's, but have not tried a hybrid on my 9900 yet.
    07-31-12 10:58 AM
    Just wondering if anyone could comment on the differences they've seen between this hybrid and a stock 569 on the 9900? I used all the B@stard hybrids on my 9700 and they were MILES ahead of the stock OS's, but have not tried a hybrid on my 9900 yet.
    Didn't really have .569 on teh phone long enough to make a proper comparison.

What I can say is that the browser on this Hybrid is lightning fast compared to any stock OS I have used, and I have used them all.
    07-31-12 11:02 AM
    In short the Hybrid is faster, smoother and the battery life is better, also it is using the radio from .569 so you get the same sort of radio performance.

Obviously you can use whatever .5xx base you would like.
    07-31-12 11:12 AM
    No os6 bl ultimate, no blackberry goodnight to everyone!
    07-31-12 11:17 AM
    Beside this hybrid is faster n smoother, which difference is striking, if the official .569 (.523 too) in the email inbox is often difficult to delete emails when in grouping set (must be set to single message first) .. but it did not occur in this hybrid ... this hybrid is much better than offi version.. no bugs anymore.. thanx zocs, for making our bold are better
    07-31-12 11:42 AM
    Okay I've run into a major issue,

I have installed 569 on my 9900 w/o issues. I then added the changes from the RC 1 and the alx files from the Dakota.zip (I have 9900 from Rogers) I then used BBHtool to shrink the OS. I used BBSAK to wipe my device and fired up DM to load the OS. OS loaded fine. Now when I attempt to connect via DM I get the BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device and thus am unable to restore my settings/emails etc.

Any suggestions?
    07-31-12 11:51 AM
    Okay I've run into a major issue,

I have installed 569 on my 9900 w/o issues. I then added the changes from the RC 1 and the alx files from the Dakota.zip (I have 9900 from Rogers) I then used BBHtool to shrink the OS. I used BBSAK to wipe my device and fired up DM to load the OS. OS loaded fine. Now when I attempt to connect via DM I get the BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device and thus am unable to restore my settings/emails etc.

Any suggestions?
    maybe this can help

KB20371-BlackBerry Desktop Manager cannot communicate with the connected BlackBerry device
    07-31-12 12:33 PM
    Thanks, Do you think the software could be corrupt? I mean it works fine...it just won't connect to DM.

Is there a better way to wipe/reload OS other than the using bbsak?

I'm currently in the process of wiping/restoring and seeing if that will help fix.
    Last edited by LuayS; 07-31-12 at 12:51 PM.
    07-31-12 12:47 PM
    Thanks, Do you think the software could be corrupt? I mean it works fine...it just won't connect to DM.

I'm currently in the process of wiping/restoring and seeing if that will help fix.
    have you tried removing the dm and reinstalling it?
    07-31-12 12:51 PM
    have you tried removing the dm and reinstalling it?
    not yet. but I'll give that a whirl if this fails again.

Okay so I reloaded still isn't connecting to DM. I will re-install DM and post back.
    Last edited by LuayS; 07-31-12 at 01:20 PM.
    07-31-12 12:56 PM

That doesn't sound like an OS issue, more a DM issue... and wiping/restoring is a very brave move if you cannot connect to DM.

Oh, and http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...s-tool-579729/ is a much, much better tool than BBSAK.
    07-31-12 01:19 PM
    That doesn't sound like an OS issue, more a DM issue... and wiping/restoring is a very brave move if you cannot connect to DM.

Oh, and http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...s-tool-579729/ is a much, much better tool than BBSAK.
    How would I go about fixing this Phil if you can help that would be great. I've used your BBH Tool before but never to wipe/install an OS. I was connecting to DM perfectly fine before I wiped/loaded the new OS.
    Last edited by LuayS; 07-31-12 at 01:26 PM.
    07-31-12 01:24 PM
    How would I go about fixing this Phil if you can help that would be great.
    I'd start with your PC first... reboot it, uninstall and reinstall DM, then possibly run a registry cleaner if the other options don't work.
    07-31-12 01:31 PM
    I'd start with your PC first... reboot it, uninstall and reinstall DM, then possibly run a registry cleaner if the other options don't work.
    I reinstalled DM and it connected, restoring device now!!! Thanks for the help Phil/Diok
    07-31-12 01:43 PM
    can i just say..

used to love dragon ball z watched all the series on cartoon network when i was a kid
    Mi.key likes this.
    07-31-12 02:06 PM
    This is my first foray into Hybrids. Everything seems to have gone smoothly, I followed all the steps and restored everything from the backup I made with DM. Only problem is none of my apps were restored. I'm not sure why that would have happened as I usually just use loader.exe to auto backup/restore when I upgrade, so not sure what step I may have missed in including the apps in the backup. Any ideas for future reference? I guess now I have to reinstall one by one

Thanks
    Last edited by guttertrash; 07-31-12 at 03:22 PM.
    07-31-12 03:17 PM
    Thanks for the advice on that one phill. I missed the comments until just now.

@guttertrash (somehow that just isn't right). I never expect apploader, or dm to backup and restore my apps. I always use bbh-tools to back mine up before a wipe however just use app world to reinstall your apps.
    guttertrash likes this.
    07-31-12 03:27 PM
    This is my first foray into Hybrids. Everything seems to have gone smoothly, I followed all the steps and restored everything from the backup I made with DM. Only problem is none of my apps were restored. I'm not sure why that would have happened as I usually just use loader.exe to auto backup/restore when I upgrade, so not sure what step I may have missed in including the apps in the backup. Any ideas for future reference? I guess now I have to reinstall one by one

Thanks

When loading a hybrid is best to backup with DM but do a full wipe, and reload your apps one at a time to avoid any uncaught errors.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by BerryLicio.us
    guttertrash likes this.
    07-31-12 03:28 PM
10,888 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD