My discharge was just over 2% before I reloaded with moderate call usage and high data usage.

The new version of the BL Ultimate hybrid (@slayohslay is there such a thing as the LATEST hybrid ) is in testing and has a new mix of java to keep you all happy.
    07-30-12 02:44 PM
    Thanks for all your work this is a great release, i only loaded this tonight but i can already see an improvement in battery life. Cant wait for it to settle so i get to see the real battery life. Thanks again, this has my Bold as it should be!
    07-30-12 04:09 PM
    Honestly i have to say i come to this thread like 20 times a day just hoping to see ZocS PosT On BL Ultimate 2
    BoldAlways likes this.
    07-30-12 08:06 PM
    Honestly i have to say i come to this thread like 20 times a day just hoping to see ZocS PosT On BL Ultimate 2
    Me too -_- lol
    07-30-12 10:20 PM
    Me too -_- lol
    same here... checking almost every hour while working, just to see the zip comes up lol

this waiting period gives me more chill than waiting dor new official os lol
    07-31-12 12:14 AM
    waiting for os 6 hybrid . Cant wait . this is gonna be my first hybrid
    07-31-12 01:39 AM
    For all you bb lovers out there we not have the eagerly awaited Release Candidate 2 available for download.

Head back to the 1st post for the links and instructions.

As always enjoy responsibly.
    will_chrome and BoldAlways like this.
    07-31-12 02:02 AM
    For all you bb lovers out there we not have the eagerly awaited Release Candidate 2 available for download.

Head back to the 1st post for the links and instructions.

As always enjoy responsibly.
    downloading now. thanks mate...

QUESTION :
    - Is it ok if I also delete these .cod (won't make my b error right?) :
    net_rim_bb_nabsync.cod & rest
    net_rim_cu_cuservices.cod
    net_rim_vad.cod & rest
    net_rim_platform_im_resource__en_US.cod
    net_rim_platform_resource__en_US.cod
    net_rim_platformapps_resource__en_US.cod
    net_rim_device_api_games.cod
    net_rim_bb_default102DMtree.cod
    net_rim_bb_default104DMtree.cod
    net_rim_sprint_slateclient_lib.cod
    net_rim_bb_games_app.cod
    net_rim_errortranslator_tmobile.cod & rest
    net_rim_nuance.cod
    net_rim_speech.cod
    net_rim_speech_EN_US.cod
    Last edited by will_chrome; 07-31-12 at 02:49 AM.
    07-31-12 02:11 AM
    downloading now. thanks mate...

QUESTION :
    - Is it ok if I also delete these .cod (won't make my b error right?) :
    net_rim_bb_nabsync.cod & rest
    net_rim_cu_cuservices.cod
    net_rim_vad.cod dan embel" nya
    net_rim_platform_im_resource__en_US.cod
    net_rim_platform_resource__en_US.cod
    net_rim_platformapps_resource__en_US.cod
    net_rim_device_api_games.cod
    net_rim_bb_default102DMtree.cod
    net_rim_bb_default104DMtree.cod
    net_rim_sprint_slateclient_lib.cod
    net_rim_bb_games_app.cod
    net_rim_errortranslator_tmobile.cod & rest
    net_rim_nuance.cod
    net_rim_speech.cod
    net_rim_speech_EN_US.cod
    you can delete those, I use VAD, I use maps, and I play games, so I need my speech cods. They should all be deleted anyway if you shrink.

I use my BB as it is intended to be used.

Email, internet, social network, even as a sat nav when in the car. Go figure lol.
    07-31-12 02:43 AM
    Try to use a proper app to shrink. Too easy to delete a required cod if u do it manually
    07-31-12 02:49 AM
    you can delete those, I use VAD, I use maps, and I play games, so I need my speech cods. They should all be deleted anyway if you shrink.

I use my BB as it is intended to be used.

Email, internet, social network, even as a sat nav when in the car. Go figure lol.
    just miss one thing, you sleep with it LoL

since i'm using modified .alx, I'm trying to delete unnecessary .cod. (followin' barracuda's tips)

perhpas you can share information about what those .cod are for? beside the games one?

ready to update your 2nd hybrid

Try to use a proper app to shrink. Too easy to delete a required cod if u do it manually
    I'm using a modified hellc0me .alx. so just want to add new thing in my shrink. thanks for the advice.
    Last edited by will_chrome; 07-31-12 at 02:56 AM.
    07-31-12 02:53 AM
    Back to my last comment. Use something like bbh tools to remove cods. If u are desperate to know what one does u can try to google it.

Sorry I can't be more help
    07-31-12 02:57 AM
    Back to my last comment. Use something like bbh tools to remove cods. If u are desperate to know what one does u can try to google it.

Sorry I can't be more help
    ok. thank you very much for your advice. join you two in a minute with hybrid 2
    ifraser likes this.
    07-31-12 03:04 AM
    My discharge was just over 2% before I reloaded with moderate call usage and high data usage.

The new version of the BL Ultimate hybrid (@slayohslay is there such a thing as the LATEST hybrid ) is in testing and has a new mix of java to keep you all happy.
    Yeah, there is.
    07-31-12 03:48 AM
    Weeelllll, Grab it now as its available
    07-31-12 03:53 AM
    So how does it compare to Mark 1 ?

I's sort of relucatant to go through the grief of yet another OS load unless there is a really noticable benefit.

I know that you've not had it installed for all that long, but what do you make of it so far ?
    07-31-12 04:01 AM
    1st boot up after battery pull is incredibly slow.....is this normal?
    07-31-12 04:03 AM
    today is tuesday but have no os 6 bl ultimate, hope it's better than 0s7 bl ultimate
    ifraser likes this.
    07-31-12 04:05 AM
    1st boot up after battery pull is incredibly slow.....is this normal?
    Yes, this is normally your service books, mine does this also sometimes, yet other times it flies back to life

The Release Candidate 2 is a lot smoother and even in running, faster. Battery life is pretty much on par with the 1st release.
    James9900 likes this.
    07-31-12 04:20 AM
    Ultimate for OS6 is a different testing team folks but i am assured it is almost ready, i was asking yesterday.
    07-31-12 04:23 AM
    Ultimate for OS6 is a different testing team folks but i am assured it is almost ready, i was asking yesterday.
    That's good to hear ! . However, is it coming out within today ?
    07-31-12 04:25 AM
    I cant answer that myself but have asked the question.

But the best things come to those who wait.
    07-31-12 04:31 AM
    App loader is throwing a warning:

"The system applications currently installed on the device are newer than those available from this version of the Blackberry desktop software" with a choice to leave unchanged or replace.

Recommendations?

And I am using apploaded, not DM.
    Am using bbh tools and have shrunk the hybrid after installing the java folder and alx file for 9900. Am at the same stage as above. If I leave as is it doesn't install. IOW I click finish on next screen and immediately tells me that my install is finished, but nothing has installed on the device. Should I select "replace the devices applications with the older version provided by the BDS" What am I doing wrong. Thanks
    07-31-12 04:37 AM
    Yes, this is normally your service books, mine does this also sometimes, yet other times it flies back to life

The Release Candidate 2 is a lot smoother and even in running, faster. Battery life is pretty much on par with the 1st release.
    2nd battery pull also slow, nothing like what people described.....software seems ok, nothing that is extraordinary so far. Maybe it will be different in a few days with more battery pulls, not sure though.
    07-31-12 04:44 AM
    Am using bbh tools and have shrunk the hybrid after installing the java folder and alx file for 9900. Am at the same stage as above. If I leave as is it doesn't install. IOW I click finish on next screen and immediately tells me that my install is finished, but nothing has installed on the device. Should I select "replace the devices applications with the older version provided by the BDS" What am I doing wrong. Thanks
    You are going the right way, remember some of the hybrid modules are from older OS`s so you will need to just go with it and replace the OS.

I does take a couple of hours to settle but worth the wait.
    Last edited by ifraser; 07-31-12 at 04:59 AM.
    07-31-12 04:54 AM
10,888 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD