Ok, only option would be replace the files and reload.

The alx files are not really necesary though. But do help.

You might want to fully wipe to make the reload easier.
    with what do i fully wipe?
    07-28-12 10:57 AM
    BBsak or jl_cmder. - BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife
    maty360414 likes this.
    07-28-12 11:46 AM
    Lunar Calendar is a carrier app... NOT your native calendar.
    True, I just noticed that. My bad.

Here is an in depth explanation posted by gladiator82 and reposted by mss-ca in this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...44/index2.html

Amazon MP3 Store: Shop 17 million songs and play your music on your BlackBerry

Application Center: Application Center is for your carrier to push applications to you. (not needed usually as you can get your select apps from AppWorld

AT&T Hotspot: Free AT&T Wi-Fi access at thousands of hotspot locations nationwide (works only on select devices for AT&T Users only, check with your carrier)

Backup Assistant: Performs the same functions as the the regular back up through DM, works only for Verizon customers and is not needed!

Chinese Dictionary: As the title says, if you're not chinese, shrink it!

City ID: Shows the number of the caller and their state, only works with a few carriers and is safe to shrink.

DocsToGo: Office like apps for your BlackBerry (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to view & edit Microsoft Office files.

DoD Certificates: Department of Defence use encrypted cetrificates which are enbedded on CAC card this module allows the Blackberry to read the information on the card correctly so the user can actually use their handheld. If you don't work for the Department of Defense, shrink it!

Event Log Viewer: Shows the event log of your BlackBerry, only useful if you are having constant problems and want to give the information to a tech-support agent.

G3eWalk: Chinese module that is a potential malware feeder, SHRINK IT!

Help Files: BlackBerry help files for n00bies, safe to shrink

IT Policy Viewer: The IT policy viewer permits a user to view IT policy rules from the Security policy group and Password policy group that have values configured. If you are not using a work BlackBerry, shrink it!

Lunar Calendar: Chinese calendar to display the Tiong Hua Tiong Hua calendar year. Safe to srhink.

Memopad: Useful app for taking notes on your BlackBerry.

Mobile Stock: No additional info found

music.cn: useless chinese music app

Mobile Market: useless app, shrink safely

Mobile Reader: useless app, shrink safely

movitalk: useless carrier pushed app, safe to shrink

MyFaves: useless T-Mobile pushed apps, safe to shrink

Password Keeper/Wizard: An app that stores all your passwords safely, shrink it if you don't use it

PIMClient: no additional info found, shrink if you've never used it

Setup Wizard: Setup wizard for e-mails, BBM, Wifi, Bluetooth. Not recommended to be shrunk.

Sure Type T12: Suretype works when you can spell, or use words that are not common

Slacker: Personal Radio for your BlackBerry, safe to shrink if you don't use it.

S/MIME Support: Blackberry S/MIME is a component of the Blackberry Enterprise Server.

T-Mobile Backup: If you are not a T-Mobile customer, shrink this

Tasks: Useful app for sheculing your tasks.

TeleNav: Carrier pushed app, shrink if you don't use it

TTY (Hearing-Impaired): TTY is for the hearing impaired. You would only use TTY if you're going to attach a TeleType device.

VCAST Music: Verizon pushed app that can identify a song you hear using the VCast Song ID, Useless!

VCAST Raphsody: Works with VCAST Music to identify songs, useless!!

Verizon Push-To-Talk: PTT app for Verizon customers only; shrink if you are not one.

Visual Voice Mail: Allows users to view their voice mail messages in a message list and quickly see the details of a voice mail message, such as the sender, the length of the voice mail message, the date, and the time. Only works on a few carriers.

Vodafone Music App: Vodafone Music is developed by RealNetworks, Inc. and only works for Vodafone users. Shrink safely if you don't use it.

Voice Activated Dialing: Gives you the ability to say the name of the person you wish to call. Useful app but shrink if you don't ever use it.

Voice Notes Recorder: Enables you to record voice notes rather than type them. Useful app and not recommended to be shrunk.

VZ Navigator: Verizon pushed app that tells you where you are and what's nearby, providing turn-by-turn directions to get to your destination on time. Shrink safely if you don't use it.

YouTube: as the name implies, an app that enables you to easil view YouTube videos on your BlackBerry

Accessibility options: Includes many features that facilitate use by persons with disabilities.

Bluetooth: Essential for the functionality of Bluetooth connectivity on your device. Only shrink it if you never use Bluetooth.

Camera: Essential for the functionality of the Camera (still shots) on your device. Only shrink it if you never use the camera.

Video Camera: Essential for the functionality of the Camera (Video Recording) on your device. Only shrink it if you never use the camera.

Default 102DM: If you don't know what this is, then you probably shouldn't be shrinking it.

Engineering Screen: Hidden menu for the purpose of debugging for developers in Blackberry mobile phone which is named as Engineering Mode and contains some hidden options. Shrink if you don't need it.

OTA Upgrade: essential if you rely on updating your device Over The Air (carrier OS), shrink if you usually update yourself.

MBP Files: Mobile Books, I have always shrunk this with 0 problems.
    sheldonbk likes this.
    07-28-12 12:20 PM
    Hey jonduran,

Not to take anything away from zocster and his good work - but the reason you are not having mic issues is due to where you live. You can check out the thread I started about this problem and you will see it is dependent on where you live:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ybrids-730129/

From that thread - here is the list of known "good" and "bad" cities:

MIC REPORTS FROM CITIES USING .4XX and .5XX OS's ON AT&T:

There were no mic problems reported from anyone in:
    So. California, Chicago, Louisville, Miami, Raleigh (NC), and Texas

Mic problems were reported in the following areas:
    Baltimore, Boise, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Eugene (OR), New Jersey, NY, Central PA, Philly, Phoenix, Portland, Seattle, St. Louis, Wilmington (DE), Washington DC, and Wisconsin

Thanks for the info. Never really knew what the reason was for the Mic issue but glad to know I've never been affected
    07-28-12 01:29 PM
    If you shrink out plans BIS won't work will it?
    07-28-12 01:46 PM
    One more quick question...

I'm going on a trip to the US and I plan on buying a data roaming plan with Rogers. Will this hybrid OS affect anything? ... like them sending me service books?

Thanks again for your help!

The hybrid is a mix of standard OS's. This will have no effect on roaming except enhance the signal and the phones performance.

1st time I have used hotspot logon, not the phones hotspot, since I reloaded with the current hybrid. Wow! Not only did it prompt me once, but twice to log onto the hotspot. Now that makes a big change.
    07-28-12 01:57 PM
    BBsak or jl_cmder. - BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife
    Or BBH tools which allows you to shrink, wipe and even backup your apps if you wish.
    Slayohslay likes this.
    07-28-12 02:21 PM
    I personally use BBsak to wipe my Blackberry, BBH tools to shrink out my OS.
    07-28-12 02:33 PM
    No probs, it is everyone to there own with tools. As long as the hybrid does its stuff go for it.
    07-28-12 02:43 PM
    Forget the rest... use the best http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...s-tool-579729/
    07-28-12 03:16 PM
    True, I just noticed that. My bad.
    Interesting thing about 569 IT Policy Viewer.

It allows me to view my BIS IT Policy (I haven't got any project on at the minute to warrant me to join any BES network).

Have tried all others, and this is the only one showing me this on BIS.

07-28-12 03:24 PM
    Zocster, I downloaded this yesterday after work. Thank you. It is brilliant.
    zocster likes this.
    07-28-12 05:50 PM
    i was chatting on my bbm and suddenly backlight when dim .. i have brightness set at 50 and timeout at 45 sec.. when it dim suddenly when to my settings and it reset it to brightness 20 and timeout 10 could it be a bug?
    07-28-12 07:12 PM
    If you shrink out plans BIS won't work will it?
    Plans Application for BlackBerry software (the "Client Software") which facilitates using certain Handheld Products to access and use Your Airtime Service Providerxxx8217;s billing system (the "Accessed Service") to purchase credits to be applied to Your Airtime Service Provider account.
    BIS will work fine, it's not needed.
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    07-28-12 07:19 PM
    Interesting thing about 569 IT Policy Viewer.

It allows me to view my BIS IT Policy (I haven't got any project on at the minute to warrant me to join any BES network).

Have tried all others, and this is the only one showing me this on BIS.

Click to view quoted image
    what that's all about?is it good,zocs?
    07-28-12 07:21 PM
    i was chatting on my bbm and suddenly backlight when dim .. i have brightness set at 50 and timeout at 45 sec.. when it dim suddenly when to my settings and it reset it to brightness 20 and timeout 10 could it be a bug?
    I have always set mine to 20/10, but I haven't noticed that issue.
    07-28-12 08:10 PM
    Isn't that the battery saving mode kicking in?
    07-28-12 09:17 PM
    My 9860 is on a constant boot up. Did everything correct or at least I thought I did. Downloaded .569 for 9860. Copy and pasted the Java files you provided. Deleted pre-installed Java. Did the same for the alx.files.

Backed up all my data on Desktop Software.
    Wiped phone using BBASK
    Put software back on phone using BB Boss.

I'm not a noob with hybrids. Anybody know where I went wrong? Any solutions?
    07-28-12 09:41 PM
    UPDATE: I got the hybrid on the phone on the second go around. Quick question though, I download .569 as I stated earlier but .580 is shown on when I look into device versions.

Is this okay? Will comment on hyrbid after a few days after use.

Sorry for the double post.
    07-28-12 10:22 PM
    My 9860 is on a constant boot up. Did everything correct or at least I thought I did. Downloaded .569 for 9860. Copy and pasted the Java files you provided. Deleted pre-installed Java. Did the same for the alx.files.

Backed up all my data on Desktop Software.
    Wiped phone using BBASK
    Put software back on phone using BB Boss.

I'm not a noob with hybrids. Anybody know where I went wrong? Any solutions?
    you delete all pre-intalled java? you still need the pre-installed java. you only have to paste zocster's java into your pre-installed (it will replace/overwrite some of the pre-installed java). if you do that, it should be work normally.

UPDATE: I got the hybrid on the phone on the second go around. Quick question though, I download .569 as I stated earlier but .580 is shown on when I look into device versions.

Is this okay? Will comment on hyrbid after a few days after use.

Sorry for the double post.
    it's fine, since the java are from 580, it will shown .580 in device version.
    Last edited by will_chrome; 07-28-12 at 11:33 PM.
    FlyHigh365 likes this.
    07-28-12 10:54 PM
    This is what I did:

1. BACK UP the phone
    2. Security Wipe the device
    3. Wipe the device (BBSAK)
    4. Download .569 or .523
    5. Install the OS (Delete any other OS you may have installed)
    6. Go to C/Program Files/Common Files/Rim/AppLoader and delete the Vendor file (it may be hidden)
    7. Go back into the RIM folder and click on Shared/Loader Files/9900M_v7.1.0.569
    8. Open the attachment from the first page and drag all of those files into the Java folder (overwrite)
    9. Drag the files from Dakota (will be different for each device) into the 9900M_v7.1.0.569 folder
    10. Optional: Shrink your OS (BBH-Tool)
    11. Take your battery out and connect your phone to the computer
    12. Open up Loader (C/Program Files/Common Files/RIM/apploader/)
    13. Hit next, wait until it discovers your device and hit next, choose what you want to install
    14. Put your battery back in when you are on the Summary page
    15. Hit next and sit back and wait.
    16. Restore
    17. Do battery pulls every 6 hours for the first 1-4 days

Check out the screenshot below if you want to see what step 10 looks like.

Last edited by phoreoneone; 07-29-12 at 12:06 AM.
    zocster likes this.
    07-28-12 11:26 PM
    Finally loaded the Ultimate hybrid through .523. The other one (.569) didn't work very well with my 9860. It kept re-booting itself. But I successfully loaded the hybrid after at least an hour of trying.. whew...
    Last edited by FlyHigh365; 07-29-12 at 12:09 AM.
    07-28-12 11:57 PM
    Installed this hybrid 4days before on .569 but faced problem of saving wifi. It was discovering wifi connection but wasn't saving and connecting. So I had to downgrade to official .569.

Prithvi pin:28472307 Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    07-29-12 01:10 AM
    i think better not to shrink 'task'... it'll be 'uncaught exception' notif on start up the phone
    07-29-12 02:56 AM
    i think better not to shrink 'task'... it'll be 'uncaught exception' notif on start up the phone

Thats probably why I have an uncaught notification when I reboot. Thanks for the tip
    07-29-12 07:24 AM
10,888 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD