I know it's kinda early to ask, but what are the battery stats for this hybrid? Currently running my own little hybrid and getting battery stats of 1.38%/hr.

Saying only your discharge rate without knowing your activity is like wtf? Lol

Come on dude, you can try this one and compare. You can always go back to it if you don't like.
    ifraser likes this.
    07-27-12 06:19 AM
    lmao....I get what you mean but UMA on the 9900 doesnt handover either.

Do you get the UMA logo?

As for the 2g/3G thing if you are used to it, and it saves you battery, you might be as well leaving as is.
    Really? On my 9360 it did handover if i walked out of Wifi coverage while on a call. On the 9810 it just drops it.

No I don't get the "UMA" logo. It instead shows a Wifi-Calling symbol (telephone and Wifi signal on a little black/white rectangle).
    07-27-12 06:31 AM
    hello i'm confused again.. :'( i've installed .569 on and deleted necessary files. i've extraced you're dakota file and now i am stuck lmao. it's just 3 .alx files and i don't know what i do now.. i'm sorry :'(
    07-27-12 06:49 AM
    hello i'm confused again.. :'( i've installed .569 on and deleted necessary files. i've extraced you're dakota file and now i am stuck lmao. it's just 3 .alx files and i don't know what i do now.. i'm sorry :'(

The 3 alx goes with the rest, copy paste replace.

The java 32mb worth on mediafire goes on the java folder.
    ria__x likes this.
    07-27-12 06:53 AM
    Hi

The Java Files are in this link

BL7.1.zip

Copy and paste the Java files from this link into the Java folder contained in the installed .569

Replace the 3 .alx files from Zocs folder into the .alx files in the .569 OS folder

Once you have done the swaps your shiny new OS is ready to shrink and install as you would any other OS.
    zocster, ria__x and ifraser like this.
    07-27-12 06:54 AM
    Remember, DONT delete the whole java directory and replace with the hybrid, as it is not the full java and you will have stuff missing that is required.
    ria__x and flyingsolid like this.
    07-27-12 07:03 AM
    First hybrid install for me. But I feel confident enough to install this bad boy today! Thanks Zocs and everyone that has helped in this thread!
    07-27-12 07:13 AM
    First hybrid install for me. But I feel confident enough to install this bad boy today! Thanks Zocs and everyone that has helped in this thread!
    If you read the instructions throughout this thread you should manage fine, enjoy.
    07-27-12 07:16 AM
    Resent service books, and can access the wifi with browser with no issues. I have wifi calling/hotspot enabled, and it worked on all other OS's. With the hybrid it seems like I did something wrong, as even if I turn off my cell network, I do not get the automatic switch to wifi calling.

As much as I love this OS, the lack of WIFI calling (unless I did something wrong on install) will cause me to roll back to plain old .569 and I really dont want to have to do that. But my T-mo signal at home sucks so bad that wifi calling is essential. Wish they would have left the 9900 with UMA instead.
    07-27-12 07:16 AM
    Memory loss also looking good.

I'm at -0.6mb after 19 hours since last battery pull.
    07-27-12 07:22 AM
    I would give it a rebuild, I can assure you mine has never stopped working.

I get a quicker pickup than the full OS builds. I also use UMA quite a lot (wifi calling)
    07-27-12 07:27 AM
    thanks for the help all.. installing as we speak :O excited
    Legal Eagle, ifraser and MGrenade like this.
    07-27-12 07:39 AM
    Your easily excited

enjoy the OS
    ria__x likes this.
    07-27-12 08:07 AM
    Your easily excited

enjoy the OS
    LOL Come on, there's nothing like the buzz you get from installing a new OS.

The heart stopping moments as you anxiously wait to see if it's going to boot up, the huge sense of relief you get when it does and then the pleasure of playing with your phone to see what the new OS does for it.

And of course then the celebratory beers when you can brag to your mates that you've got a better phone than their I Phone and have a shiny new OS on it !!!
    07-27-12 08:15 AM
    I wa being sarcastic legal thats that the roll-eyes was for

Its not the booting up, if you do it right you should never have that issue, its more the
    feeling of a new phone.

Its always smoother or better battery thats worth waiting for.
    Legal Eagle, ria__x and sofes like this.
    07-27-12 08:27 AM
    So did it install OK and are you liking it ???
    07-27-12 08:56 AM
    yes it installed surprisingly fast just re-registering all my apps (the boring part) than i can start playing
    07-27-12 09:07 AM
    yes it installed surprisingly fast just re-registering all my apps (the boring part) than i can start playing
    I'm an app minimalist, just have MeterBerry and Advance OS and LED so that bit of a new OS install is no trouble at all and I can get to the playing bit very quickly !!!
    ifraser likes this.
    07-27-12 09:11 AM
    For the os6 hybrid please add in the tray disable function from os7 (if thats even possible )
    07-27-12 10:50 AM
    For the os6 hybrid please add in the tray disable function from os7 (if thats even possible )

Lol, nope, only a theme can do that
    07-27-12 11:04 AM
    Install was fast and successful! Can't wait to start messing with this
    07-27-12 12:05 PM
    My mic works only intermittently. I've installed over .569 and am on at&t.

Other than that awesome build. Thanks!
    07-27-12 12:12 PM
    My mic works only intermittently. I've installed over .569 and am on at&t.

Other than that awesome build. Thanks!

Unfortunately AT&T and these later 7.1 builds don't get along. You need to downgrade to 3xx or 437
    07-27-12 12:15 PM
    this is my first blackberry ( 9900) . and im using it from almost a month. i never get battery over 7 hrs . 3G network, whatsapp , facebook ,emails, sms, 1-1.5 hrs call.

after installing this hybrid 7.1 bundle 1737 (v7.1.0.580, platform 5.1.0.415) im getting 16 hrs battery with same usage. thank you very much.
    Legal Eagle and zocster like this.
    07-27-12 12:29 PM
    Lol, nope, only a theme can do that
    Themes can't do it either.

Tray choice options are OS7 only. OS6 can run BB6 (tray) or custom6 (no tray) themes.

zocster likes this.
    07-27-12 01:29 PM
10,888 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD