Many Thanks to Sator...

Would like to thank all folks posting in this thread, I had to many Issues with My device related to Network drops, SOS mode when switched 3G! I've been using Blackberry for years and since I got my first (Storm 9500), never used another brand as a primary device but, all bacause of You brothers! I'm currently using RC21 and its awesome... I particulary noticed an amazing increase of my signal strength and download speed, need to use for couple hours to test battery life!

I hope that You guys can help me being useful to all community and, once more! Thank You

PS: Sorry, English is not my native language, I learned watching movies with subtitles...
    Your welcome golden89, I'm glad BL RC21 works well for you...

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    04-29-14 09:45 AM
    Hello !

I am trying to install RC21 on my 9900.

Do I have to replace the base OS java folder with RC21 java folder?
    05-03-14 09:17 AM
    Hello !

I am trying to install RC21 on my 9900.

Do I have to replace the base OS java folder with RC21 java folder?
    Hi mic6, Do not delete the original java folder, just copy and paste RC21 files into your original OS Java folder.

05-03-14 10:08 AM
    Hi mic6, Do not delete the original java folder, just copy and paste RC21 files into your original OS Java folder.

Thanks! I did it and when I start the loader it shows "the blackberry desktop software does not have device software for the device that is connected to the computer". And yes I have deleted the vendor file.

There is only one Rc21 right? same for all 7.1 devices?
    05-03-14 10:30 AM
    Thanks! I did it and when I start the loader it shows "the blackberry desktop software does not have device software for the device that is connected to the computer". And yes I have deleted the vendor file.

There is only one Rc21 right? same for all 7.1 devices?
    May I know what device are you using? Yes RC21 is for all 7.1 devices, and use the latest OS. (1098 if possible) .
    05-03-14 11:32 AM
    May I know what device are you using? Yes RC21 is for all 7.1 devices, and use the latest OS. (1098 if possible) .
    It was my PC problem
    I used another laptop and installed it!

I copied and pasted all files from RC21 java folder to base OS java folder replacing all the folders that had the same name.
    Then I shrunk and installed, correct?

Seems to work perfect
    05-03-14 12:04 PM
    Hello Sator great job! Do you know if they are going to update OS7 and when will you release RC22?
    05-03-14 12:11 PM
    It was my PC problem
    I used another laptop and installed it!

I copied and pasted all files from RC21 java folder to base OS java folder replacing all the folders that had the same name.
    Then I shrunk and installed, correct?

Seems to work perfect
    Yes you've done it correctly, and I'm glad it works perfect for you.

05-03-14 12:27 PM
    Yes you've done it correctly, and I'm glad it works perfect for you.

You are great ! Thanks for sharing your work with us for free
    05-03-14 12:29 PM
    Hello Sator great job! Do you know if they are going to update OS7 and when will you release RC22?
    Hello Mr4aces, there was a new OS released for 9720 (OS 7.1.0.1121), I'm still working on it since some of the .1121 cods aren't compatible with .1098 sfi and below. I'll post the update about RC22.

05-03-14 12:31 PM
    Hello Mr4aces, there was a new OS released for 9720 (OS 7.1.0.1121), I'm still working on it since some of the .1121 cods aren't compatible with .1098 sfi and below. I'll post the update about RC22.

New goodies!

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    05-03-14 01:37 PM
    New goodies!

Hahaha....RC22 is up and running, I need a couple of days to test it.
    Posted via CB10

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-04-14 08:55 PM
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    If only we had a new .sfi to go with RC22, .1098 is now over 6 months old !!!

Just found out that for the 9900 there are actually 2 versions of .1098.

Bundle 2930 from O2 and bundle 2940 from Claro Argentina.

Not sure what the difference is, maybe Sator can let us know ??

I have previously used the O2 version but will try the Claro one with RC22.

EDIT

The O2 version is All Language and the Claro version is Multilanguage.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 05-05-14 at 09:07 AM.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    05-05-14 08:48 AM
    hi sator ... couple of days is up and we're ready for rc22. i hope testing is going well?
    05-07-14 12:59 PM
    hi sator ... couple of days is up and we're ready for rc22. i hope testing is going well?
    Hi sentinelman, we need a couple of days for the BL team to test the RC22, I hope we can release it this Saturday (GMT)

05-07-14 07:34 PM
    Hi Sator
    In preparation for the release of RC22, perhaps you would be so kind as to give us a quick tutorial in the use of SIC Multiwipe for our OS7 devices for those of us who would like to give it a try and to introduce it to those who may be unaware of it's existence.
    Sator likes this.
    05-08-14 03:53 AM
    Hi Sator
    In preparation for the release of RC22, perhaps you would be so kind as to give us a quick tutorial in the use of SIC Multiwipe for our OS7 devices for those of us who would like to give it a try and to introduce it to those who may be unaware of it's existence.
    Hi legal, SIC multiwipe is almost the same as triple wipe or full erase, but we put a different command script. As usual, backup your data, run SIC multiwipe (it will end up with a blinking red light), run the app.loader, it will perform a quick sec wipe after the app.loader load the ram, after that it will continue to install your new Os...

Legal Eagle and Kevin Lim like this.
    05-08-14 04:06 AM
    Hi legal, SIC multiwipe is almost the same as triple wipe or full erase, but we put a different command script. As usual, backup your data, run SIC multiwipe (it will end up with a blinking red light), run the app.loader, it will perform a quick sec wipe after the app.loader load the ram, after that it will continue to install your new Os...

Just want to add, don't worry when your device shown white blank display and wiping during apploader process just before OS being installed, it is part of the SIC process.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    05-08-14 12:03 PM
    Just want to add, don't worry when your device shown white blank display and wiping during apploader process just before OS being installed, it is part of the SIC process.
    Wish I had known that before I used it, got my heart rate up for a while until in moved on and started loading !!!

So far so good apart from having a corrupt backup file and having to do loads of manual setting up.

Trying the Claro Argentina .1098 base for the 9900, smaller .sfi ( Multi Lang as opposed to the O2 All Lang)

See if there is any noticeable difference in signal as O2 one wasn't too good for me on Voda UK.
    05-08-14 12:08 PM
    Wish I had known that before I used it, got my heart rate up for a while until in moved on and started loading !!!

So far so good apart from having a corrupt backup file and having to do loads of manual setting up.

Trying the Claro Argentina .1098 base for the 9900, smaller .sfi ( Multi Lang as opposed to the O2 All Lang)

See if there is any noticeable difference in signal as O2 one wasn't too good for me on Voda UK.
    Sorry...forgot to mention it
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    05-08-14 12:19 PM
    24 hour update with the Claro Argentina .1098 .sfi

So far so good, definitely better signal wise than the O2 version I had previously used, particularly on 3G.

Of course, it could be down to using SIC Wipe for the first time as part of the OS install process. I previously wiped with BBSAK which or course is not as thorough as SIC and doesn't wipe the .sfi.

Whatever the reason, well happy with the result.

NB
    For those of you using SIC for the first time, a quick tip, I found that I had to temporarily disable my Avast Antivirus whilst installing and running SIC as the file system shield falsely reported a virus and quarantined some of the SIC files preventing it from running properly.
    Sator and sennayan like this.
    05-09-14 07:40 AM
    does the upcoming rc22 include bbid update?
    tq
    05-11-14 07:19 PM
    does the upcoming rc22 include bbid update?
    tq
    Yes it does

05-11-14 09:08 PM
    Thanks to Sator, we have RC22. Give it a spin folks.
    05-11-14 09:22 PM
    Many thanks for your work. You are wonderful!
    zocster and Sator like this.
    05-11-14 11:12 PM
10,888 ... 428429430431432 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD