Hi,

Device: 9900
    Base OS: 7.1.0.1098
    I suggest you remove all OS from your PC do a ccleaner run, reboot.

Reinstall base OS, and COPY AND PASTE the hybrid into the java folder.

Shrink at will.

Reload using loader.exe
    02-17-14 11:22 PM
    Hi Zocster,

Did as you suggested.

Its stuck at the Loader:

* Read application configuration
    * Read device system configuration
    -->Read device service information

Connecting to device
    ------

Do I disconnect and try again? Pls help.
    02-18-14 12:27 AM
    Hi Zocster,

Did as you suggested.

Its stuck at the Loader:

* Read application configuration
    * Read device system configuration
    -->Read device service information

Connecting to device
    ------

Do I disconnect and try again? Pls help.
    Hi, I think you're copying and pasting to the wrong sections. What OS on pc?
    02-18-14 12:32 AM
    Windows 7 SP1

I copy and overwrite the hybrid Java folder/files over the existing folder/files in the OS folder (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9900AllLang_v7.1.0.1098_P5.1.0.701).
    Then I shrink the OS with BBHTool.
    02-18-14 01:55 AM
    Windows 7 SP1

I copy and overwrite the hybrid Java folder/files over the existing folder/files in the OS folder (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9900AllLang_v7.1.0.1098_P5.1.0.701).
    Then I shrink the OS with BBHTool.
    You did the right thing, copy and paste/overwrite the existing Java folder with the RC21 Java folder and alx. Files. Make sure do not delete/shrink task, since it will cause an error.

Posted via CB10
    Kevin Lim and zocster like this.
    02-18-14 02:06 AM
    Hi,

I did not shrink the Tasks app.
    However, I did shrink the default Ringtones, Themes. Videos, Backgrounds, and Music before. Seeing this Error 602, I put the Ringtones back, yet the issues remains.
    The Loader refuses to appear, though its visible in the Task Manager.
    Want to know if this handset is "bricked". Is there any way to fix it?
    02-18-14 03:24 AM
    Hi,

I did not shrink the Tasks app.
    However, I did shrink the default Ringtones, Themes. Videos, Backgrounds, and Music before. Seeing this Error 602, I put the Ringtones back, yet the issues remains.
    The Loader refuses to appear, though its visible in the Task Manager.
    Want to know if this handset is "bricked". Is there any way to fix it?
    It's safe if you use bbhtool to shrink the OS, (don't shrink task). It seems that Your DM is not working correctly, it's better to un install yaur DM, reboot, install the latest DM version, install OS 1098, copy and paste RC21, shrink, and load using app.loader. Don't worry, your phone won't brick because of loading an OS, you could wipe your phone using bbhtool.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 03:51 AM
    Will do exactly as you say, Sator.
    Want to get my BB working.
    02-18-14 04:05 AM
    to Sator & Zocster,

Got my 9900 up and running with RC 21. Was a real scare, though I'd backed up yesterday night.
    I normally use the DM for BL updates and Address Book syncing for both the 9900 and 9700. Probably this confused the DM.
    Guess this indicates that I must use my other laptop for working on the 9700. Do correct me if I'm wrong.

Many thanks to Zocster for all RCs, and he and Sator for being there.
    Sator and zocster like this.
    02-18-14 05:17 AM
    to Sator & Zocster,

Got my 9900 up and running with RC 21. Was a real scare, though I'd backed up yesterday night.
    I normally use the DM for BL updates and Address Book syncing for both the 9900 and 9700. Probably this confused the DM.
    Guess this indicates that I must use my other laptop for working on the 9700. Do correct me if I'm wrong.

Many thanks to Zocster for all RCs, and he and Sator for being there.
    I'm glad it finally worked for you...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Sator; 02-18-14 at 08:16 AM.
    Kevin Lim, Katza and BoldAlways like this.
    02-18-14 05:26 AM
    Have installed RC21 today, will monitor for few days. Many thanks to chief Sator and their hard working group that make this thread going strong. We die hard supporter will always follow this thread.
    Sator, Legal Eagle and flyingsolid like this.
    02-19-14 07:22 AM
    Thanks for Sator and BL Team... Will try the RC21 now...
    BTW:
    I'm about to report problem with whatsapp on RC20 + .1098 (amstrong)
    If i dont update whatsapp, i can not use application for camera (ie. bb camera and silentcamera).
    But i dont remember the error notification (forget to take a note on it).
    If i update whatsapp, i can use the app again (after reboot).
    02-25-14 12:05 AM
    now bb q20 will have a trackpad, I think I am going to throw away my iphone.
    02-25-14 10:26 AM
    You should break your iToy :-)

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 04:52 PM
    now bb q20 will have a trackpad, I think I am going to throw away my iphone.
    Like the news about the Q20! Now if there was an option to disable the touchscreen I'd be in line to get one on release day. Lol.
    JC61 likes this.
    02-26-14 08:34 PM
    Guys, we are happy to inform that the SIC Multiwipe tool that we post in this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...loader-909209/ can also be used for BBOS devices prior to use apploader to install your BL Hybrids.

The same how to use and notes for this tool applied, and for further discussion we can discuss it here in our beloved Berrylicious Hybrid thread.

I'm honoured to work with our BL BBM group friends, our 'mastahs' Zocster, Iking and Sator that we finally can developed a tool to do clean install to also our BL Hybrids for our BBOS devices! -- Enjoy!
    Sator and Legal Eagle like this.
    02-28-14 04:44 AM
    Guys, we are happy to inform that the SIC Multiwipe tool that we post in this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...loader-909209/ can also be used for BBOS devices prior to use apploader to install your BL Hybrids.

The same how to use and notes for this tool applied, and for further discussion we can discuss it here in our beloved Berrylicious Hybrid thread.

I'm honoured to work with our BL BBM group friends, our 'mastahs' Zocster, Iking and Sator that we finally can developed a tool to do clean install to also our BL Hybrids for our BBOS devices! -- Enjoy!
    Hi Clie

Many thanks for sharing your work with us.

I have followed the thread with interest.

Could you confirm that the same testing that has been carried out on the BB10 devices has also been carried out for OS7.
    02-28-14 05:47 AM
    Hi Clie

Many thanks for sharing your work with us.

I have followed the thread with interest.

Could you confirm that the same testing that has been carried out on the BB10 devices has also been carried out for OS7.
    Hi Legal, yes, confirmed...it has bring back Iking's dead phone alive (jennings) and I've used it to clean install my 9900 before installing RC21

Posted via CB10
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    02-28-14 06:16 AM
    Hi Legal, yes, confirmed...it has bring back Iking's dead phone alive (jennings) and I've used it to clean install my 9900 before installing RC21

Posted via CB10
    So does your tool also wipe the .sfi ?

If I recall correctly, BBH and BBSAK didn't wipe the .sfi
    02-28-14 06:25 AM
    So does your tool also wipe the .sfi ?

If I recall correctly, BBH and BBSAK didn't wipe the .sfi
    Yes, it also wipe the .sfi. It works like triple wipe (and more) while also doing security wipe to your phone

Posted via CB10
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    02-28-14 06:30 AM
    Yes, it also wipe the .sfi. It works like triple wipe (and more) while also doing security wipe to your phone

Posted via CB10
    Sounds good to me.

Just need RC22 to give me an excuse to use it !!!
    02-28-14 06:34 AM
    Sounds good to me.

Just need RC22 to give me an excuse to use it !!!
    Hahaha nice catch! I think blackberry has to release new OS so Sator have no more excuses to build RC22

Posted via CB10
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    02-28-14 06:36 AM
    Hahaha nice catch! I think blackberry has to release new OS so Sator have no more excuses to build RC22

Posted via CB10
    We must be due for a new Legacy OS, it's been just over 4 months since .1098 dropped !!!
    Flint101 likes this.
    02-28-14 06:41 AM
    We must be due for a new Legacy OS, it's been just over 4 months since .1098 dropped !!!
    Tell that to my 9700! Haha

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 06:44 AM
    Hi any quick link to the base sw to use for 9720 please

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using Tapatalk
    02-28-14 09:17 AM
10,888 ... 425426427428429 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD