Hi Guys/Gals,

I've read that you can tell when someone has read your BBM message but I can't figure it out. I use BBM fairly often. What am I missing?

TIA
    07-14-10 03:04 PM
    on the left side of the screen you see a "d" for delivered or "r" for read.

it'll look similar to this

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-10 03:07 PM
    on the left side of the screen you see a "d" for delivered or "r" for read.

it'll look similar to this

[img]http://www.mygearbox.com/wp-content/uploads/bbm.png[\img]
    OMG I feel like such an *****! I had no idea! Thanks so much. Still learning something new all the time with my BB!!!
    07-14-10 03:09 PM
    no problem... glad to help ya out.

07-14-10 03:09 PM
    OMG I feel like such an *****! I had no idea! Thanks so much. Still learning something new all the time with my BB!!!
    Don't worry about it. I didn't know for the longest time when I got my first BB. Who reads manuals... ;P
    07-14-10 03:15 PM
    Don't worry about it. I didn't know for the longest time when I got my first BB. Who reads manuals... ;P
    Admittedly I've been using BBs for close to 4 years!!! LOL!!!! Still nice to learn something new though! Love this thing!!!!!
    07-14-10 03:17 PM
    Admittedly I've been using BBs for close to 4 years!!! LOL!!!! Still nice to learn something new though! Love this thing!!!!!
    LOL! I'm surprised you just got around to asking!
    07-14-10 03:23 PM
    lol you learn something new about these phones every day, never a shame in asking a question!
    07-14-10 03:24 PM
    LOL! I'm surprised you just got around to asking!
    I didn't really use BBM a lot initially. Lately I'm using it a lot and enjoying it.
    07-14-10 03:31 PM
    Don't feel bad, I don't know a fraction of what I should know for having my bb for a few months. Trying to learn from these forums but at times it's like another language..lol. All these acronyms I still haven't taken the BBM plunge yet, trying to understand why everyone loves it so much, because it sounds like just about the same thing as texting.
    07-14-10 06:33 PM
    Wow I always noticed the r and d but never knew what it meant.

07-14-10 06:36 PM
    I didn't really use BBM a lot initially. Lately I'm using it a lot and enjoying it.
    IMHO, without BBM, a BB would almost be "just another smartphone". BBM, the bright screen (readable in direct sunlight), a loud and clear speaker-phone speaker are the primary reasons I chose a BB. (oh, and the Storm specifically for the Surepress screen) And I haven't regretted it one bit. MAYBE, someday there will be an Android in my future, but not until they get the BT voice dialing function. (and even then, I might just stick with BB, as I'd be bummed not to have BBM)
    07-14-10 06:50 PM
    IMHO, without BBM, a BB would almost be "just another smartphone". BBM, the bright screen (readable in direct sunlight), a loud and clear speaker-phone speaker are the primary reasons I chose a BB. (oh, and the Storm specifically for the Surepress screen) And I haven't regretted it one bit. MAYBE, someday there will be an Android in my future, but not until they get the BT voice dialing function. (and even then, I might just stick with BB, as I'd be bummed not to have BBM)
    I hear ya!
    07-14-10 09:06 PM
    Don't feel bad. When I first got my BlackBerry a few years ago o thought it meant Delivered and Received. I was close. It later found out it meant Delivered and Read. It's a very handy feature. Especially for those times when you need to send someone and important message, but they're at work and are unable to respond. There are situations when someone can read a message, but are in a situation where they can't respond right away. You can at least know that they've received it and read it.
    That way you won't have to worry about blowing their phone up with repeated messages. LOL.

07-14-10 10:02 PM
    Don't feel bad. When I first got my BlackBerry a few years ago o thought it meant Delivered and Received. I was close. It later found out it meant Delivered and Read. It's a very handy feature. Especially for those times when you need to send someone and important message, but they're at work and are unable to respond. There are situations when someone can read a message, but are in a situation where they can't respond right away. You can at least know that they've received it and read it.
    That way you won't have to worry about blowing their phone up with repeated messages. LOL.

Or it's a good way to know if the person is ignoring you or not
    07-15-10 10:51 AM
    Or it's a good way to know if the person is ignoring you or not
    LOL. Yeah that's true too.

07-15-10 10:53 AM
    So what happens when u send a BBM and nothing shows up on the check? That's been happening to me when I try to send my friend a BBM. I can't tell when she read it anymore.
    07-15-10 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD