I dont know if this should go here, but it seems the most logical. I have an 8330m running on 4.5.0.169/4.6/5.0 hybrid. I was wondering, if I download an OS for like a bold or something with bedside mode, could I get the .cod files for the clock/bedside mode from it and use them in my OS?

Thanks,
    Frankie
    01-09-10 08:33 AM
    I would like to know the answer to it too!
    01-09-10 08:44 AM
    Im downloading the Tour OS now and Im gonna look it over and see if I can figure it out.
    01-09-10 08:46 AM
    I took the clock .cod files from the Tour and I tried using BBSAK to install them on my device. It says the .cod install was successful. I did a batt pull a couple mins after it restarted from the .cod install. When it came back on, there was no clock app so I read the system with BBSAK and its not showing the .cod files. I just tried it again and my phone didnt restart like it did the first time. It just shows the screen with the phone and the PC with the arrows.
    Last edited by Frankie Figs; 01-09-10 at 09:39 AM.
    01-09-10 09:33 AM
    It sat with the arrows for too long so I unplugged it. I hoped it was gonna mess anything up, and Im pretty sure everything is cool.

I was looking at the Tour java files and realized it doesnt have an alarm .cod file. I removed my alarm .cod and tried installing the clock .cods again and it still didnt work. Do I need the apps framework .cod from the Tour?
    01-09-10 09:55 AM
    Im gonna try it with Bold 9000 OS and 8900 OS and see if either of those work.
    01-09-10 11:22 AM
    I got the clock/alarm .cods from the 8900 to upload but I got an error when I tried to open it. It said net.rim.device.api.ui.decor.background not found. I looked in the 8900 java folder and that file isnt there. Is it part of something else?
    01-09-10 01:02 PM
    I got the clock/alarm .cods from the 8900 to upload but I got an error when I tried to open it. It said net.rim.device.api.ui.decor.background not found. I looked in the 8900 java folder and that file isnt there. Is it part of something else?
    That is an API, not a file. So no, it relies on the core of the 5.0 os
    01-09-10 02:54 PM
    That is an API, not a file. So no, it relies on the core of the 5.0 os
    I was kinda thinking it had something to do with the OS. I took all the clock .cod files and put them in my java folder and then reloaded my OS. I got a white screen on initial start up that said "App Error Restart", so I selected restart to see if it would happen again and it did lol So now Im back to 4.5 hybrid :/
    01-09-10 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD