Just a quick note. I've noticed some issues with the browser on .534 on my Torch. Some sites like CB look a lot smaller, i know it's been reported. But some sites even if they show normal size I'm not able to click on any of the links inside that website unless I click and zoom. It's super weird. I go to espn or craigslist for example and can't click on any of the links unless I zoom in by clicking the trackpad.
    04-20-11 02:14 PM
    In what seems to be my never ending weekly quest to find the perfect OS I added this one today. While I've been mostly happy with 526 and 534 I still have some slight signal issues at my home so I tried this one. It hasn't helped my signal stay steady any but I must say this is a very good overall hybrid. Had issues when first loaded of not connecting to my data plan but a battery pull cleared that up and so far so good.
    04-20-11 03:24 PM
    I'm getting the same error message with Dish Remote Access app. It was working fine with just the base .534 on my 9700. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I am getting this error when using screen muncher (paid version). it shows as installed but wont load, only get this error message. the munch screen option doesn't show up in the menu and neither does the option for memory booster 4.10. also, for screen muncher and memory booster all the permissions are as allow but still no luck. i am trying something to see if it works and will post the results if it does.
    04-20-11 08:51 PM
    Back with a failed effort. also found out that weather plus 2.4 doesn't work as well... all 3 of these are apps i use daily and will probably uninstall this os if they don't work. i was actually happy with this hybrid until i found out these bugs because i have over 40 apps and still have 93 mb free. i hope this can be fixed!

It seems that any app that uses the menu doesnt work at all. i barely have screen grabber working and even then it shows 2 items in the menu (one with "screen grabber" on it and another one that is blank...

The only good news i have is that weather plus works after 1-2 resets. i have reset my phone about 8 times not and still haven't gotten any of my menu apps to work.
    Last edited by vsharm01; 04-21-11 at 12:05 AM.
    04-20-11 09:00 PM
    Back with a failed effort. also found out that weather plus 2.4 doesn't work as well... all 3 of these are apps i use daily and will probably uninstall this os if they don't work. i was actually happy with this hybrid until i found out these bugs because i have over 40 apps and still have 93 mb free. i hope this can be fixed!
    Weather Plus 2.0.4 worked fine for me on first bootup.

04-21-11 12:18 AM
    Weather Plus 2.0.4 worked fine for me on first bootup.

i reset the phone a couple of times and it works now. still dont see any improvement with other apps.
    04-21-11 12:58 AM
    update: in the previous screen shots i posted, you can see a flashlight app shortcut in the menu. well i went to open it, and not its gone. the app is installed with all allowed permissions, but the menu item has disappeared. will probably go back to BHTM or try the other new hybrids out there... this is getting on my nerves.
    04-21-11 03:24 AM
    Update on my test after wipe/reload: memory leak is still happening, but has decreased significantly. Battery life has been positively impacted so far. Moving from app to app or from screen to screen is much faster, with almost no lag. Waitclocks are aaaalmost not happening at all. I did not install all the apps I mentioned before, though. Resets are much faster now. Some sites do force the browser to close for being "too large".

So far so good!
    04-21-11 08:24 AM
    Re-Installed this for about 4 days to my Curve 3G with base .526..

Memory leaks very bad..
    Then everytime I reboot, memory leaks keep happen, and the waitclocks almost appeared in every second..
    This is annoying..
    But after a hour or two, memory leaks gone..

Application memory get stabilized
    Very big improvement with battery..

Got ADR 1.7%/hour..

And with UberSocial, Social Feeds, facebook running on the background, the ADR just go to 6.8%/hour..
    Before use this hybrid, ADR may reach 13.9%/hr..

So far so good but hate the memory leaks everytime I reboot the phone..

Use this hybrid with BBiD and BBM 6..

That's my review..

Thank you for making this hybrid..

Hope there is a new update to deal with memory leaks problem

04-21-11 04:50 PM
    just installed the Hybrid.
    Having no Problems with anything,very smooth installation.
    Will do some more tests and report later again.

@Suprah
    good job as always.
    04-22-11 01:11 PM
    I am getting this error when using screen muncher (paid version). it shows as installed but wont load, only get this error message. the munch screen option doesn't show up in the menu and neither does the option for memory booster 4.10. also, for screen muncher and memory booster all the permissions are as allow but still no luck. i am trying something to see if it works and will post the results if it does.
    Welp I never used a flashlight app when I had my blackberry. So good luck to you on finding another good hybrid

04-22-11 04:00 PM
    I went android, I no longer have a bb as my primary phone but I am looking to build 7.1 might take longer to release though

Last edited by Suprah; 04-22-11 at 04:10 PM.
    04-22-11 04:02 PM
    I'm sticking with BlackBerry...9700 for now, likely 9900 once it's released.

Dunno how active I'll remain with hybriding after that. Guess we'll see what 6.1 brings to the table.
    04-22-11 05:23 PM
    I installed the hybrid today and ran into the following problem;
    I'm now unaible to configure email accounts.
    Anybody ran into the bug error and knows how to fix it or did I f*ck up somewhere?
    Thanks.

04-23-11 01:36 PM
    Just installed it 6 hours ago with 2 battery pull. Gps unable to detect me. So any help here? Both googlemap and bbmap unable to lock down on me. When I tried device -ocation, managed to pin point to 30meters and 5 satelits.

What is wrong? Any suggestion with this?

04-24-11 08:41 PM
    Hello Everyone

Installed the Hybrid 2 weeks ago. It was an absolute charm in the beginning.
    But after 2 days of use, with out any issues, I hit space bar to launch QL, it did not. When I opened my menu, all the Applications that i had installed, and which were working till 5 minutes ago, just vanished !

I tried Battery pulls, didn't work. Security wipe, BBSAK wipe, Loader Installed the OS again, and the same happened after 1 day of use.
    Did not restore the app's, downloaded them on the device to find out if it was restore error. But wasn't.

Then I tried another Hybrid from this forum ( Not Advertising ! ).
    And the same thing happened there as well.
    I've been through the threads and no one has complained this, So am assuming its my phone and not the Hybrid that's faulty.

Any one have pointers to what the problem might be ?

Thank's !
    04-26-11 08:50 PM
    Hi everyone,

Great build ! I have a question. I have a crm application we use at work and it can be used by my BB. All I need to do is use the browser on my BB and use it to log into our server. so no application is actually on my BB.

on version 6.0.431/448 the application worked perfectly for inputing text once I was logged in with the browser. BUT when I upgraded to the next version 6.0.431.448/450 and even to the current version the input text box is compressed to to a narrow line.
    If I go back to the .431/448 version everything works again.

What is different in the versions of the browsers ? What is different in the coding ?

Can I use the current version and use the browser files from .431/448 ?

Fibrolan
    05-03-11 07:18 PM
    Hi,

Any help from anyone please ?

Fibrolan
    05-05-11 03:25 PM
    I've seen similar issues with the browser - but it is inconsistent.

There should be no issue if you want to swap out the browser files from an earlier build.
    05-06-11 02:21 PM
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply and info. What are the exact files I need to move over if I want to take an earlier version of the browser ?

Thanks

Fibrolan
    05-09-11 07:46 AM
    this has been good but with all the new leaks it's time for an update ...
    05-09-11 01:34 PM
    Um, all *what* new leaks?

And just for everyone's information, several members of the BDHP team have switched platforms. Updates may be forthcoming, but I would not hold your breath waiting for them.
    05-09-11 01:40 PM

And just for everyone's information, several members of the BDHP team have switched platforms. Updates may be forthcoming, but I would not hold your breath waiting for them.
    how about the official OS6 .546 for 9700? did some of the members moved to android?
    05-10-11 01:34 AM

how about the official OS6 .546 for 9700? did some of the members moved to android?
    Well, that's an official release, not a leak (semantics, I know). Plus, it was announced on the crackberry homepage about 14 hours after the original post referring to 'new leaks'. I know folks love the BDHP builds, but we haven't mastered time travel just yet.

Sorry, I'm just having a go with you here. It's late and I'm feeling punchy.

I can't say for sure which platform they went to...all I know is it doesn't have BBM.

Seriously though...I know a couple went to android, and a few were even threatening to go iPhone. Insanity had officially invaded the group, so I ran screaming...

For whatever it might be worth, I am planning to install the HiBerry Pro 2 hybrid over a 546 base later this evening. I have been running HiBerry Pro 1 over the 534 base and I've been very happy with it thus far (except for the BIS setup glitch, which should be fixed in v2 since no new bis cods are included there).
    05-10-11 01:41 AM
    And as an epilogue, I can safely say that I will not be volunteering to take the reins at BDHP - not because I don't love building hybrids, but because I simply don't have the time or luxury of sacrificing my phone to test new builds. Perhaps if RIM would release a blasted 9700 OS6 simulator my mood would change, but that's not a safe bet either.
    05-10-11 01:43 AM
214 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD