Best Damn Hybrid Period - Say's it all...

Best hybrid I've used to date. Thanks for this suprah.
    04-11-11 06:39 AM
    Usually just having blackberry ID cods in the build did the trick for me when I wanted to use bbm. 56 that's why I coded the alx to be a required install

BB Protect is a required install because I've many users pm me saying they use it religiously and wanted to know if it will be in the build. If you cannot use bb protect, it should be easy to uninstall with no problems
    Technerd.McLeod likes this.
    04-11-11 07:06 AM
    Yeah I had to install BB protect again over OTA so that desktop manager gives the option to uninstall, thanks to Madoxx. All good thanks. Will report back with the performance.
    04-11-11 07:17 AM
    The reason why bb protect will not delete because of how I coded the alx file.

Will fix that later today

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-11 08:16 AM
    Love it!! Just installed this morning, and installed smoothly. Everything seems to be running good, all 3rd party apps work. Will have to see how battery life is throughout this week. I doubt I'll be disappointed though, BDHP are amazing hybrids.
    04-11-11 08:20 AM
    I read it but want to know from people who have a Blackberry Style. Seems many posters here have the Torch 9800, 9700, or 9780.

Did ppl ready the post at all? Always the latest!!!!!
    04-11-11 11:14 AM
    I'm going to try it on my style 2nite. I have 6.0.0.436 now and will install over that. Ill post my findings.

04-11-11 11:24 AM
    I installed this over 5.0.0.1067 on my 9000 last night. Unplugged my phone at 7 am. Now, 9:30 am, I've spent 2 hrs reading CB forums and the battery still shows 92% and so far I'm only down 2 mb since last reboot last night. AWESOME!!!

04-11-11 11:30 AM
    Thanks. Are you going to install it over the .436 or .522 leaked?

I'm going to try it on my style 2nite. I have 6.0.0.436 now and will install over that. Ill post my findings.

04-11-11 11:30 AM
    Have 9800 and installed over .526. Seems to be running fine so far but only just loaded.

Questions:
    -does this BlackBattery thing give me anything I don't already get from having MeterBerry?
    -How do I remove the new Blackberry ID files? I'm not running .56 BBM because I'd like to keep my existing BB ID (which doesn't work under the new ID) so my Blacbkerry News settings are properly restored. Doesn't seem like .56 BBM brings anything new usage-wise except that it is new!

(just noticed that this was my 100th post!)
    Last edited by kfroese; 04-11-11 at 11:37 AM. Reason: post count
    04-11-11 11:36 AM
    Just installed this over .1067 (Curve 8520)

First thing i've noticed is how quick the reboot times are on it compared to previou versions.

Will report back in a few days about battery life etc..
    04-11-11 12:04 PM
    -does this BlackBattery thing give me anything I don't already get from having MeterBerry?
    -How do I remove the new Blackberry ID files? I'm not running .56 BBM because I'd like to keep my existing BB ID (which doesn't work under the new ID) so my Blacbkerry News settings are properly restored. Doesn't seem like .56 BBM brings anything new usage-wise except that it is new!
    MeterBerry is a paid app. I believe we added a free alternative as well.
    I also thought the BBID install was optional during the hybrid installation process. I don't use the new BBM either, and I've avoided the new BBID for the same reasons as you. Im pretty sure there are just 3 cods: net_rim_bbid_common, _daemon, and _api.

04-11-11 12:21 PM
    MeterBerry is a paid app. I believe we added a free alternative as well.
    I also thought the BBID install was optional during the hybrid installation process. I don't use the new BBM either, and I've avoided the new BBID for the same reasons as you. Im pretty sure there are just 3 cods: net_rim_bbid_common, _daemon, and _api.

So I will take out BlackBattery then. Doesn't seem to offer logging or discharge rate so not much use to me.

I did not install the .56 as part of the hybrid installation process for exactly that reason but got the new BBID anyhow. So if I rip those files out, will I need to reinstall others?
    04-11-11 12:29 PM
    I've noticed that there is no longer the option to search in google or other search engines through the address field. Is this a bug if so could you fic it please. Everything else is perfect thank you and also what does blackbattery do

04-11-11 12:55 PM
    Loading it now on my 9670. Using .436 as the base OS.
    04-11-11 01:25 PM
    I've noticed that there is no longer the option to search in google or other search engines through the address field. Is this a bug if so could you fic it please. Everything else is perfect thank you and also what does blackbattery do

I'm running the build and I have the search field in browser. I built the hybrid and barely tweaked browser cods

04-11-11 02:14 PM
    Loading it now on my 9670. Using .436 as the base OS.
    Let me know how it goes

estroh likes this.
    04-11-11 02:14 PM
    looking forward to trying this over .526 on my torch, thx.
    04-11-11 02:26 PM
    So I will take out BlackBattery then. Doesn't seem to offer logging or discharge rate so not much use to me.

I did not install the .56 as part of the hybrid installation process for exactly that reason but got the new BBID anyhow. So if I rip those files out, will I need to reinstall others?
    Ripped out the BBID cod's and reinstalled News from App World. Works perfectly.

By the way, good job on not including too many of the 6.1 files: this way, Blackberry Travel still works!
    04-11-11 02:44 PM
    I will up a new installer when I get home with a different alx coding. Jus didn't want the headache of ppl trying to run bbm .56 and have it not working

04-11-11 03:20 PM
    Don't worry about the browser issue after a few bat pulls it was there. Thanks for this brilliant build

04-11-11 03:50 PM
    Gonna reinstall over 534 base...

So how do i go about putting on .56 of bbm? just a case of rerunning the installer and selecting it? Last time i did that the icon wasnt there!

Cheers,
    04-11-11 03:53 PM
    I've installed this hybrid onto my BlackBerry Torch with OS v.6.0.0.526 as the base and I find it to be quite stable so far. Initially it slowed down my BlackBerry to a crawl but a few battery pulls solved that issue. Now I find it quite responsive, there's no lags and though it's been less than 24 hours so far the battery life I'm getting has been better than previous BDHP hybrids as well as carrier released OS versions. This one's definitely a winner in my books.

This Hybrid comes with BlackBattery, from my understanding it's a free alternative to MeterBerry. Does it offer the exact same functions? Does it give you an indicator on the homescreen telling you how much battery life you have? Currently I use the BatteryWatch app to give me real time info on my battery life, I was debating on purchasing MeterBerry but upon install of this hybrid I noticed the BlackBattery option. Is one better than the other?
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 04-11-11 at 05:35 PM.
    04-11-11 05:25 PM
    I've installed this hybrid onto my BlackBerry Torch with OS v.6.0.0.526 as the base and I find it to be quite stable so far. Initially it slowed down my BlackBerry to a crawl but a few battery pulls solved that issue. Now I find it quite responsive, there's no lags and though it's been less than 24 hours so far the battery life I'm getting has been better than previous BDHP hybrids as well as carrier released OS versions. This one's definitely a winner in my books.

This Hybrid comes with BlackBattery, from my understanding it's a free alternative to MeterBerry. Does it offer the exact same functions? Does it give you an indicator on the homescreen telling you how much battery life you have? Currently I use the BatteryWatch app to give me real time info on my battery life, I was debating on purchasing MeterBerry but upon install of this hybrid I noticed the BlackBattery option. Is one better than the other?
    Blackbattery is in the early stages so it needs much improvement but I included it because its just something for ppl or noobs can see their adr. Also trying to promote a fellow dev

04-11-11 06:40 PM
    can not get this to work on the 9670.ive tried twice and ended up in the same situation both times.
    04-11-11 06:43 PM
214 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD