I installed bbm 5 on both my wife's and my curves.
    both devices seem to be syncing to each other. by syncing i mean avatar and the name at the top of the screen. i have noticed that we have the same email address as the default recovery email. we have a email address that is forwarded to both devices.

i can not seem to change the default email.

any ideas

thanks nate.
    07-27-09 11:00 AM
    hey how did you install the BBM 5 on them OTA or BB desktop manager?
    07-27-09 11:03 AM
    i used the ota evrey thing works great like i said jsut that little problem
    07-27-09 11:12 AM
    hmmm i had that problem but it was becuase I used desktop manager and was going between devices. I know this off the subject but can i have that OTA link you have my friend has a 8330 from sprint and when he used the link i gave him it delted BBM off his phone I want to him out.
    07-27-09 11:14 AM
    I haven't been lucky enough to get the 5.0 working on my phone. All the OTA links were for the Tour, but there was a note saying that they'd also work for the 8900. - they didn't for me.
    07-27-09 02:50 PM
    http://tiny.cc/83xxbb5

I'm running an 8330 and a 8330m both are 4.5 0.1xx
    07-27-09 11:17 PM
    both devices seem to be syncing to each other. by syncing i mean avatar and the name at the top of the screen. i have noticed that we have the same email address as the default recovery email. we have a email address that is forwarded to both devices.

any ideas

thanks nate.
    I'm having the same problem. Except the recovery emails addresses are different. I used blackbery desktop manager and was switching between devices. Both devices with BBM 5.0 Now we have trouble messaging each other. its like it thinks we share the same pins. I have not found a solution yet.. Have you?

I even tried deactivating recovery mails, I don't think this is it. Seems like the BBM thinks it's operating as the other devices pin.
    08-08-09 09:57 AM

any ideas

thanks nate.

Did you ever find a fix.. I did the same, used the same desktop to install BBM on 2 devices.. they keep thinking they are each others pins. I can delete the contact put it back, it works for 8 hours then goes back.. tried activate, deactivate the recovery mail, did complete wipes on both devices, along with re-registers

It's making me crazy.
    08-12-09 12:06 PM
    the reason why they are syncing each other's information is because the recovery email is used to sync your bbm5 settings, contacts, and status with the email address provided. Example : I have the email address [email protected] on my tour and then set it up on another curve, they will mirror each other's contact list and settings because the email address has been registered to a bbm account already. You have to have a different email account for your BBM account. I would use your XXX.blackberry.net address as the recovery email address so that the list and settings can be seperate.
    08-12-09 12:28 PM
    Thanks for you insight, however these 2 blackberries do not share the same Email recovery address.

A BB Tour, and a BB Curve used the same desktop to install the BBM5 application.

Shortly after, BB1 had all of BB2's contacts in BBM. After Erasing and registering, all contacts have been restored, but BB1 and BB2 will revert to sharing the same PIN within 6-8 hours.

BB1 the Tour is an enterprise activated BB using a corporate email address.. all combinations of the recovery email activation/deactivation, complete wipe, carrier re-register and even deletion from the BES enterprise server and re-addition after wipe have been tried. During the symptom problem the BB1 Tour always has the correct Pin.

BB2 the Curve is a standard consumer blackberry on a differernt carrier, using regular email with hotmail. IT contains no recovery email under BBM so it can not be activated or deactivated. It has been wiped, registered, battery pulled etc.

Starting from a clean empty list. BB1 the Tour and BB2 the Curve can add all contacts back including each others contacts.. No problems exist with any other contacts. After adding each other in the respective blackberries.. the Pins display properly.

within 6-8 Hours..

The BB2 Curve will loose the contact for BB1 Tour.
    The BB1 Tour will still have the contact for the BB2 Curve, but if you check the info, the PIN number showing is the same as BB1. If a message is sent at that time, it is sent immediately back to the BB1 Tour as if it just messaged itself.

At this poiint the BB1 has to delete the contact, re add BB2 by its real pin, and we are good for another 8-12 or so hours.

Being the user of BB1 the Tour, over time the Contact in BBM for the BB2 Curve changes it's pin to the same pin of the Tour.

How do i stop this madness?
    08-12-09 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD