that is awesome. i was messing with my storm2 and it'll let me use bbm with out the phone being activated and only using my wifi connection
    12-25-09 08:25 PM
    build u a buddy list and cancel service lol
    12-25-09 08:26 PM
    That's interesting....did u browse the web too?
    12-25-09 08:26 PM
    that is awesome. i was messing with my storm2 and it'll let me use bbm with out the phone being activated and only using my wifi connection
    You are talking about with the Radio turned off? You have to have the service books there in order to actually register on the RIM network and use the RIM services. But yes you can turn the cell radio off and use all of your data services without a connection to the mobile network.
    12-25-09 08:28 PM
    yea the radio was turned off, so technically if i get another s2 and did it, wouldnt nessicarily work because it doesnt have the service books.

i have my tour as my phone that i'm using right now
    12-25-09 08:35 PM
    yea the radio was turned off, so technically if i get another s2 and did it, wouldnt nessicarily work because it doesnt have the service books.

i have my tour as my phone that i'm using right now
    That would be correct. You would be able to browse the web via your hotspot browser but that is it. None of the services that pull data through RIM's servers would get authenticated, therefore it wouldn't make it to your device.
    12-25-09 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD