My daughter is travelling abroad this semester and I was wondering if there is a way to use BBM on her Blackberry - i know that she will have another phone for making calls, but she seems to survive on BBM - is there a way to do this, maybe with a different SIM card without costing a fortune?
    01-13-11 12:24 PM
    Hi Ak, My advise - I would suggest calling your carrier and explaining to them where it is your daughter is going to and if they have a data plan avail so she can still Bbm & see what they can work out for you. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 01:54 PM
    My carrier is likley to offer a similar International rate on BlackBerry data. It works out to $6.00 Mb in USA and $10.00 Mb elsewhere.

The key factor is granularity. That is the miminum amount of data they will charge, even if the content is LOL.

2 Kb is typical, that works out to 500 typical BBM messages per Mb charged.

Other factors can increase use, downloading pictures or using Voice notes takes a huge chunk of data.
    01-13-11 02:08 PM
    As long as the device is unlocked, and has an active BIS data plan, she shoulndn't have any problem being able to use BBM. The carrier may have to activate the PIN number, since it won't be inherent to their service, but I would assume this wouldn't be terribly difficult to do.
    01-13-11 02:08 PM
    I travel quite a bit and have never had a problem with BBM. I have contacts from all over the world (obviously various carriers) and we communicate regularly. Looking at my bill I don't see any difference from when I'm in-country communicating with co workers on the same network. Maybe the US is different (sadly, I wouldn't doubt it!)
    01-15-11 12:10 AM
    I travel quite a bit and have never had a problem with BBM. I have contacts from all over the world (obviously various carriers) and we communicate regularly. Looking at my bill I don't see any difference from when I'm in-country communicating with co workers on the same network. Maybe the US is different (sadly, I wouldn't doubt it!)
    Where do you travel to and how much do you pay for roaming?
    01-15-11 12:14 AM
    I have a BB international data plan. It is pretty cost effective especially when you add Tether to the mix.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-11 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD