My cell kept going off all night and it was going to my Level 1 Message folder
    heading, Peer-to-Peer,

so when i opened it up had long list of people's PIN#'s and it had as Subject:MoRnin or i can't sleep ( should of taken a capture of it ) this was going on all night one after another till i had to just turn my cell off. So when i woke up this morning i had like 30messages and posted about it in the discussion area of the forums,

So the only fix there is right is to turn on your firewalls, Goto options:Security Options then to Firewall checkmark PINS then go down lower to Except messages from: checkmark Address book contacts. Or i guess just take down you're PIN numbers but likely it will be to late.

So far it has stopped this person or persons reaching my Level 1 folder and filling up again.

This is for people that have been or will experience this problem.
    09-01-09 12:38 PM
    damn thats weird
    09-01-09 12:41 PM
    You know what, that happened to me this morning. It was a sausagefest, lol, chat room full of men. I keep asking various people how did my name get on this list and no one answer or really responded to my question. I asked what kind of chat room it was and it was a gay chat room, lol. I was cracking up. Since this morning, I removed my pin from my signature here. I think it was someone who collected pins and created a chat room or something.
    09-01-09 07:42 PM
    that is not cool at all
    09-01-09 07:55 PM
    I'm glad I never posted my PIN. I thought about posting it. After hearing this, I'm keeping it private.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 10:19 PM
    Don't you have the PIN of the sender? Post it so we can all spend our evenings flooding the phone with spams. We'll see if they know the firewall trick.

09-01-09 11:19 PM
    Another 'trick' would be to stop publicly posting your PIN.

It's the same as posting your personal phone number or email all over the internet, which would be downright stupid.
    09-02-09 01:06 AM
    OK what i posted about the firewall and the lower half Except messages from:
    Address book contacts or Specific address did NOT work for me cause i was missing calls from friends in my Contacts so i had to uncheck it,

So once again the FLOODING started up again all night, and these person(s) name's is in every message either started the spam or replys

♍я. ♏�l�k
    Brian Byers
    Patrick Ray

cant find any pin of his or whoever it is, just the message start of with some dumb crap then mess load of pins like they ben harvest. i took down my pin but its to late im sure of. Once i Delete Prior 2mins later they start up again GRRrrrr

i wonder if i can call my provider and get a new pin or does that mean i have to change my cell number?
    09-03-09 09:29 AM
    im having the same prob I had 44 messages and it was from ♍я. ♏�l�k
    Brian Byers
    Patrick Ray
    and alot of others
    How can i get this crap to stop?
    09-03-09 09:37 AM
    I wish i knew im about to call my provider see what they say, im tired of deleting every 3 minutes!!!
    09-03-09 09:44 AM
    I think you guys might have to change the phones, so you'll get a new PIN and just don't post it

09-03-09 09:52 AM
    From ♍я. ♏�l�k .... what a lame F*CK he just posted this

Die nooberz

+--^----------,--------,-----,--------^-,
    | ||||||||| `--------' | O
    `+---------------------------^----------|
    `\_,---------,---------,--------------'
    / XXXXXX /'| /'
    / XXXXXX / `\ /'
    / XXXXXX /`-------'
    / XXXXXX /
    / XXXXXX /
    (________(
    `------'
    09-03-09 09:58 AM
    Now that you mention this...

I got the same kind of spam...

But asking for a 3some.

09-03-09 10:01 AM
    Interesting, so it seems the BBM is not so secure or bulletproof. It can be spoofed.

09-03-09 10:08 AM
    U missed all calls from ur contacts? I tried this and got a phone call frm mine...I woke up with 56 msgs and got 32 more since.

Last edited by roosk; 09-03-09 at 10:29 AM.
    09-03-09 10:11 AM
    Really, this is so bad.
    I'm really tire about this spam.
    I turn off my phone for a while because it didn't stop ringing.

I think the firewall option works.
    I tryied and I have no problem about incoming calls.

09-03-09 11:31 AM
    You should all be contacting your carriers and complaining. The more complaints the better, they will look into it more quickly.
    09-03-09 11:31 AM
    RIM really needs to implement a system so people can block PINs/BBMs from certain people.

I know that in BBM 5.0, if you delete someone from your BBM list, you can make it so they can't add you back (automatic rejection). If you don't have BBM 5.0, maybe you should download it and give it a go.

I dislike BBM spammers. I just delete them and it's the end of it. There are also some nutcases from other countries who just want to date an American girl...I've gotten PINs from them after blocking them, telling me in Engrish that they LOVE LOVE LOVE me...even though we haven't really talked. It's so pathetic it's funny.
    09-03-09 11:38 AM
    RIM really needs to implement a system so people can block PINs/BBMs from certain people.

I know that in BBM 5.0, if you delete someone from your BBM list, you can make it so they can't add you back (automatic rejection). If you don't have BBM 5.0, maybe you should download it and give it a go.

I dislike BBM spammers. I just delete them and it's the end of it. There are also some nutcases from other countries who just want to date an American girl...I've gotten PINs from them after blocking them, telling me in Engrish that they LOVE LOVE LOVE me...even though we haven't really talked. It's so pathetic it's funny.
    No worries we love you.

Really love you. I mean, where do you live? Wanna see me?

Please?

I'm a real catch, like a Bill Gates or some other STD. I will never go away. Like the STD.
    09-03-09 11:43 AM
    I tried the firewall thing and just missed a call...I don't think BBM has anything to do with this spamming. The msgs are through pin not BBM

09-03-09 12:14 PM
    Oh, PIN, that's completely different.

It's amazing how many people confuse PIN messages and BBM stuff.
    09-03-09 12:17 PM
    Yep, since this is probably the 4th thread like this I've come across, I'm definitely removing my pin now.
    09-03-09 12:30 PM
    I just turned on firewall and don't give out my pin

09-03-09 12:34 PM
    Funny thing is it has stopped after 10AM my time PST, But starts up around 3AM my time, so i'm thinking the person(s) might be in another country?
    09-03-09 08:12 PM
    No worries we love you.

Really love you. I mean, where do you live? Wanna see me?

Please?

I'm a real catch, like a Bill Gates or some other STD. I will never go away. Like the STD.
    LOL that's hilarious!

And yeah some of them sound like that, only without the STD part. But they sure act like one..infecting my PIN box.

One of my favourite spammers was like (no joke) after I told him I (gasp) didn't love him and leave me alone. "U'l b sorry. I have blood cancer dr says I die in 3 days. U will miss me?"
    Wtf?

09-03-09 10:10 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD