My friend deleted me from her blackberry messenger buddylist and now when we try to re-add each other, it doesn't work. We just end up in each other's 'Pending' list, and it doesn't change.
    Please help!
    06-16-08 12:17 AM
    I have same prob

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-08 12:20 AM
    I just helped someone else with the same problem tonight. Try adding the person in your address book. Put there name in and scroll down to PIN and enter there PIN number. You can then go to the messenger and hit the menu button. Select " Add a contact" and select the person from your address book. This will then allow you to send a request that should fix the problem

Good luck
    06-16-08 12:27 AM
    to correctly add to BBM follow these steps
    open BBM > press menu (left of trackball) > select add contact > scroll up to use once but DO NOT CLICK ON IT > instead press menu again > select request by pin > enter the other persons PIN > press trackball > edit message if you wish, if not click OK. All done.
    06-16-08 12:28 AM
    I tried that. It doesn't seem to work.
    Any other ideas?
    06-16-08 12:28 AM
    I tried that. It doesn't seem to work.
    Any other ideas?
    Tried which?
    06-16-08 12:31 AM
    Ooooh I figured it out!
    I tried what you've suggested, to add the pin then add the person thru the addressbook but it didnt work.

What I did was delete the person completely from my phonebook then add them again with their pin number in the Pin field and it worked!
    06-16-08 12:34 AM
    to correctly add to BBM follow these steps
    open BBM > press menu (left of trackball) > select add contact > scroll up to use once but DO NOT CLICK ON IT > instead press menu again > select request by pin > enter the other persons PIN > press trackball > edit message if you wish, if not click OK. All done.
    Umm this is the second set of instructions that are the same for adding a contact by pin th BBM, I have followed this and never get add by pin - all I get is the email address - this has worked and I can BBM my contact but I am hoping that there is an add by pin method on the 8310 as it seems whatever I do here I never get that option...

Anyone else had this problem or as a newbie is it just me being a nunse!

Ta
    Clive
    06-16-08 07:30 AM
    This has always worked without a problem on my 8310. Try it again and follow it step by step. Other than that, I have no idea.
    06-16-08 07:54 AM
    I got a blackberry curve 8520 and I have tried to add someone on BBM and they've tried to add me but we both went onto eachothers 'pending' list and we didn't recieve any requests for it, It's bugging me so much because I really need to get it up and working. We suspect that the problem may be something about not being able to set up my e-mail, the set-up wizard for e-mail is not loaded onto the phone and we cannot find any way to load it up, we've gone to the blackberry homepage on the browser and clicked on set-up e-mail and it comes up with an 'unknown error' Please help!!
    Also just to add I do have a data package so that is not part of the problem....
    01-02-12 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD