okay so I'm new here and was just wondering if I could possibly get any help. the recent updates section of my blackberry messenger shows the individual updates of my friends, even if its the same person twice or three times in a row. this isn't something that would normally bother me, but my friends that have blackberry's are different; their recent updates are available as a drop down option. by this i mean that their one friend is listed and then once you click that person you can see their updates.

I have the same version of bbm as they do and I've reinstalled it multiple times. I have hoping that when I got my replacement Bold it would be solved, but its still not any different.

i hope this was explained well enough and hopefully someone has an answer for me.
    07-19-10 09:43 PM
    what version of BBM are you using? the newest 5.0.0.57? in the recent updates, if you click a contacts update, it will expand.
    07-19-10 09:50 PM
    Personally i just go into options and turn it off.
    07-20-10 07:17 AM
    I don't like the recent updates either. I use a newer version, so I don't have the issue anymore, but I couldn't cure it when I had .57
    07-20-10 07:19 AM
    I have the feature turned off as well...
    07-20-10 07:58 AM
    I didn't even realize that this was a feature that could be disabled... I now have it turned off as well. I've got one BBM contact to updates her "status" multiple times per day... it's annoying as ****.
    07-20-10 08:47 AM
    I didn't even realize that this was a feature that could be disabled... I now have it turned off as well. I've got one BBM contact to updates her "status" multiple times per day... it's annoying as ****.
    Yep, that is why I have it disabled...
    07-20-10 08:55 AM
    Depends on your version of BBM (helps to let us know).

In the most recent version, there is a setting in BBM Options to "Combine Recent Updates From Same Contact or Group". With that checked, you only see a person's name once. Clicking on their name will show you the updates for that person.
    07-20-10 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD