I have an unlimited data plan from at&t and unlimited texting

is bbm free for me

im buying a bb bold 9900 in 8 days
    08-13-12 07:30 AM
    If you get a bis plan you can bbm as part of your data plan. Bis should not cost anything extra but must be added to use any blackberry services.

Sent from my flip-phone.
    08-13-12 07:34 AM
    If you get a bis plan you can bbm as part of your data plan. Bis should not cost anything extra but must be added to use any blackberry services.

Sent from my flip-phone.

how do i get a bis plan for free

will the people at at&t ask if i want bbm??

do i have to pay extra i already have a data plan unlimited
    08-13-12 07:38 AM
    If you're bbm'in from the country your contract is in its more or less free as it uses such a small amount of data.

Also if you buy a Blackberry, unless the salesman is a picnic short of a sandwich they should know that you would like a Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) data package with your new Blackberry.

BIS = Emails - 3G internet & BBM etc
    Kush_Chadha likes this.
    08-13-12 08:00 AM
    If you already have another smartphone data plan (for Android, iPhone, Windows Phone), you will need to ask AT&T to change your data plan to a BIS plan. In that case, the price will be the same.

If you have a feature phone, you will need to select one of AT&T's BIS plans, and it will be more expensive than feature phone data plans.
    08-13-12 08:05 AM
    If you already have another smartphone data plan (for Android, iPhone, Windows Phone), you will need to ask AT&T to change your data plan to a BIS plan. In that case, the price will be the same.

If you have a feature phone, you will need to select one of AT&T's BIS plans, and it will be more expensive than feature phone data plans.
    why the is your 9700 retired lol and i have a iphone 4s unlimited data plan currently

if i change to a bis plan will it still be unlimited data?
    08-13-12 08:25 AM
    why the is your 9700 retired lol and i have a iphone 4s unlimited data plan currently

if i change to a bis plan will it still be unlimited data?
    I got a device that supports LTE, which is available where I live, so my older device is retired.

Yes, you will keep your unlimited data plan. It just needs to be changed from the iPhone plan to the BIS plan. The price will be the same.
    08-13-12 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD