I checked the forums and still couldn't find a clear answer so hopefully whoever reads this can help.

I have a SIM for Denmark through Piccell Wireless. When I insert the SIM i get the message from Blackberry saying that it's been registered with the wireless network.

I know the BBM is free through the data plan. I know that data transfers are possible with this SIM because I get the EVDO signal here in Los Angeles.

Will the BBM messages still be free with the SIM card for Denmark?

THANKS!
    08-21-08 07:24 PM
    I'm assuming you get EVDO from Verizon (a CDMA network which uses the ESN identifiers) in the States then? You'll need to contact that carrier Piccell Wireless. The SIM card is like your ESN for GSM networks. That card is how the network identifies you. If you have a wireless plan with that company in Denmark then talk to them or if you set up the plan then you should know the data capabilities.

Also, you say you get data transfer in LA so the SIM must work. This is completely false. SIM cards are a GSM network identifier and the 8830 WE does not work on the type of GSM we have in the States, only on that in other countries. The cell service here is sad, I know. We never play nice with others.

With the above, if you don't have a plan with Piccell Wireless and just have a SIM card then you're either using something stolen or something with no plan attached. Either way, you're likely to not get service.
    08-22-08 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD