Hey everyone,

I have had a question for a while but I never thought to come here to ask it.

I have a few people on my BBM contact list that sometimes I just don't want to have to talk to, so my question is - if they send me a BBM and I end the conversation without opening the message, does it mark it as "read" or still just "delivered" ?
    07-17-11 05:25 PM
    If you don't click on the chat and open it, like, open that conversation and see all the messages, then it won't be flagged as read, just delivered.
    anon(3733516) likes this.
    07-17-11 05:31 PM
    If you don't click on the chat and open it, like, open that conversation and see all the messages, then it won't be flagged as read, just delivered.
    thanks!
    07-17-11 05:32 PM
    Hmm... I was always under the impression that ending the conversation still marks it as 'read', whether you open it or not. Maybe that was just in older OS' or versions of BBM.
    07-17-11 06:05 PM
    That wouldn't be great..then they'd know I was ignoring them!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-11 06:29 PM
    Just opening the bbm conversation doesn't mark it as read, next time you get a bbm you will notice a . beside it, or a little yellow circle to be exact. only after you start typing the yellow dot clears. If you just exit it will not mark it as read.

07-17-11 06:34 PM
    Just opening the bbm conversation doesn't mark it as read, next time you get a bbm you will notice a . beside it, or a little yellow circle to be exact. only after you start typing the yellow dot clears. If you just exit it will not mark it as read.

I know that's not true...
    I've opened a bbm and exited it without typing anything and looked on the other person's Blackberry and it was marked as read...
    07-17-11 06:38 PM
    I know that's not true...
    I've opened a bbm and exited it without typing anything and looked on the other person's Blackberry and it was marked as read...
    Did you use the back button or the end call/red button?

07-17-11 06:44 PM
    Did you use the back button or the end call/red button?

I've done it with both.

But that's not what I'm asking..I'm asking if I don't even go into the message and just highlight the contact and select "end conversation" does it mark it as read?
    07-17-11 06:47 PM
    But that's not what I'm asking..I'm asking if I don't even go into the message and just highlight the contact and select "end conversation" does it mark it as read?
    It marks it as read, ive done it with atleast 2 phones
    07-17-11 09:49 PM
    It marks it as read, ive done it with atleast 2 phones
    Same here. I've tested it out before. I hover over the conversation, open menu and close conversation. My friend still got the Read flag.
    07-17-11 10:11 PM
    I can confirm it does mark it as read if you end the conversation. I'm guessing it's because you had to "see" it to delete it.

Yes... I have tested it out before.
    07-17-11 10:32 PM
    Ivee tested it and it leaves it delivered

07-18-11 12:12 AM
    I can confirm it does mark it as read if you end the conversation. I'm guessing it's because you had to "see" it to delete it.

Yes... I have tested it out before.

so..uhhhh...
    07-18-11 04:07 AM
    in your bbm chat list hover over the chat, hit BB button and end chat...will not mark as read and they will forever see a d
    alternately u can hover over the chat, hit the delete button and "end chat"
    have had it done to me so i know
    Last edited by bionks; 07-22-11 at 09:55 AM.
    07-22-11 09:53 AM
    I can confirm it does mark it as read
    will not mark as read and they will forever see a d
    so..uhhhh...
    mystery solved
    07-22-11 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD