Why is it that whenever I reboot my device (or remove/reinstall the battery), I get a message (in poorly written English) upon opening the BBM which reads as follows:

"You've switched to a new device. Do you want to update your contacts about it?"

It gives a yes or no option. If I click no, my contacts are deleted. If I click yes, they are saved.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-10 06:34 PM
    Kind of odd if you receive the message after doing a battery pull. That should only happen once, and after a new os install. *confused*
    01-08-10 07:16 PM
    I did update the OS recently, and it's happened a couple times since then. I like to reboot every now and then, so I'll let know if it happens again or doesn't.

01-08-10 07:20 PM
    i'm just wondering if maybe you had a bad load... What OS are you running right now? It shouldn't be happening after a reboot
    01-08-10 07:22 PM

I should clarify that it happened the first time I opened BBM (after the update) and again, now, for the second time.

01-08-10 07:29 PM
    hmm.. the first time is to be expected. The second time was just after a battery pull? Have you noticed any other issues since the upgrade?
    01-08-10 07:38 PM
    No. Everything else seems good.

01-08-10 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD