donno why it s not letting me post this in FAQ but ill post here.

i just got my visa bill..and saw that my bill from rogers was 153.61...double what it normaly is.
    so obviously i rung them up and asked what the heck happened.

somethign about texting a american number..alright..i did that. didnt know it costs more to text america..now i know.

thing is..the person i was texting..at the time didnt have a blackbery..and now dose.

so i explained this to the lady..we dont text anymore we bbm eachother.

my question to you..cause i belive shes wrong...

Is BBM Text msging or DATA?

will this cost me more to bbm someone in the states (when im in canadA) then it would to bbm someone next door?
    06-03-09 09:00 PM
    BBM uses data...
    06-03-09 09:02 PM
    thats what i told her.
    i dont think the lady had a clue..she sounded like a granny..but if ur working for a phone company you should be in the know.

rolls eyes.

so data...because its data it shoudlnt matter where my blackberry messages go to (im in canada person is int eh states) cause its data..and im on taht 6gb rogers datta thing..ill never go over my data.

im correct?
    06-03-09 09:08 PM
    Data is data, doesn't matter where the other person is.
    06-03-09 09:09 PM
    awsome thanks thats what i thought.
    i like knowing more then the person who works for the phone company dose..mabye i shoudl work for the phone company

mannnn that sucks though. lesson learnd hard way...no outa country texts!!
    06-03-09 09:12 PM
    I believe you can text out of country if you text through your carrier while on the computer....like text directly from rogers website or w/e, I know I used to do that with my Helio (ugh what a phone service)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 10:08 PM
    What I learned from the Rogers tech guy in the Blackberry Division is that most reps in the other divisions don't know what they are talking about when it comes to BB issues.
    06-03-09 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD