Just got my daughter a 9360 on the AT&T network. If her BBM contacts have their own profile pictures, should those profiles pictures be pushed through to my daughters bbm app or does she have to paste their pcitures to either her BB Contacts or to BBM contacts? I thought someone's own profile should come through and be viewable on her phone without her having to do anything. Thanks
    05-09-12 12:16 PM
    The pictures should come through without your daughter having to do anything.

So long as her PIN is a registered contact on the other person's device, and their PIN is a registered contact on her device, the profile pictures, location data (should it be enabled) and status' should update automatically.
    05-09-12 12:22 PM
    That is what I thought. Is there some sort of "time" lag before that happens?
    05-09-12 12:24 PM
    try rebooting by removing the battery? the first time i ever used bbm to add someone i had to reboot to send messages and see their pictures and profiles, since then its done it instantly (as soon as the pin requested me to add)
    05-09-12 12:29 PM
    Is it all contacts that she's having issues seeing display pics or just some? Are status updates and messages coming through?
    05-09-12 12:42 PM
    No. I believe any pics she has pasted herself into her contacts are fine. It is the case where her own BBM profile picture does not show up on any of here friends BBM contact list and for any of her friends that have profile pictures, their pictures do not appear in her BBM friends list.
    05-09-12 01:59 PM
    Make a backup of her BBM Contact list. BBM > Options > Backup > choose either remotely (email) or locally (device). Remember where its saved!

Open App World, go to My World and delete BBM. Reboot the phone. Upon reboot, open App World again, search BBM and reinstall, this will ensure that the latest official version of BBM is on the phone. Reboot the phone.

Upon reboot, open BBM, go to Options > Backup > Restore (this is where remembering were the backup was saved comes in handy) and hopefully this helps.
    05-09-12 02:46 PM
    Make a backup of her BBM Contact list. BBM > Options > Backup > choose either remotely (email) or locally (device). Remember where its saved!

Open App World, go to My World and delete BBM. Reboot the phone. Upon reboot, open App World again, search BBM and reinstall, this will ensure that the latest official version of BBM is on the phone. Reboot the phone.

Upon reboot, open BBM, go to Options > Backup > Restore (this is where remembering were the backup was saved comes in handy) and hopefully this helps.
    I don't understand why BBM on a brand new BB wouldn't work.
    05-09-12 07:47 PM
    Thanks for all of your suggestions, but so far still no profile pics. I also updated my 9700 and I too do not get any profile pics pushed to my BB.
    05-10-12 07:37 AM
    When i got my 9360, there was a BBM Update available in the appworld. So its possible that on a brand new device some s/w is "outdated".

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    05-10-12 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD