Im sure it's been said but there are serious issues with the new BBM! I can send messages but they usually just have the checkmark and never the little D beside them. I wait and wait and never get a response and the only way i can get the messages back from contacts are if i go on the browser and open a webpage or something like that. This is highly frustrating so is it a bug or what? I am on Bell so maybe its their network? I dont know I just want my BBM working at top notch
    12-29-09 01:45 AM
    Im sure it's been said but there are serious issues with the new BBM! I can send messages but they usually just have the checkmark and never the little D beside them. I wait and wait and never get a response and the only way i can get the messages back from contacts are if i go on the browser and open a webpage or something like that. This is highly frustrating so is it a bug or what? I am on Bell so maybe its their network? I dont know I just want my BBM working at top notch
    Try resending service books then do a pull and see if that helps. If not delete do a 30 sec battery pull then reinstall and do another pull after setup. If that still doesnt do the trick then contact Bell and see if they are having data issues
    12-29-09 02:04 AM
    im sure it's been said but there are serious issues with the new bbm! I can send messages but they usually just have the checkmark and never the little d beside them. I wait and wait and never get a response and the only way i can get the messages back from contacts are if i go on the browser and open a webpage or something like that. This is highly frustrating so is it a bug or what? I am on bell so maybe its their network? I dont know i just want my bbm working at top notch
    i have the same issue, but not always!! Sometimes my contact gets the message even if i dont see the "d" on my screen.
    12-29-09 03:54 AM
    Have you tried pinging? If that doesn't work that means the person you're messaging either turned off their device or they're having problem with their carrier network.
    12-29-09 05:05 AM
    i have the same issue, but not always!! Sometimes my contact gets the message even if i dont see the "d" on my screen.
    Sometimes the system is having glitches just like few days ago when RIM was having trouble with their database by BBM .55 and .56.
    12-29-09 05:07 AM
    i did a 30 sec batterypull and seems to work fine now.
    12-29-09 05:09 AM
    Check out this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...95289&posted=1

Cam

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-09 07:59 AM
    And just to verify, which version of BBM do you have? You only said you have the latest. That may not be accurate, just checking...
    12-29-09 08:06 AM
    ever since i got my new blackberry curve (october) i've been having a problem with my BBM and i can't figure it out.. i've downloaded two new versions but it still has a glitch..

when i'm typing on bbm sometimes the text that i'm typing will stop showing up and then until i end or clear the conversation the text i'm typing does not show up. i can still send it, and the recipient will still get the text but i just cannot see what i'm typing.. sometimes it happens frequently and sometimes it does not.

does anyone else have this problem or maybe a solution? thanks!
    12-29-09 06:10 PM
    ever since i got my new blackberry curve (october) i've been having a problem with my BBM and i can't figure it out.. i've downloaded two new versions but it still has a glitch..

when i'm typing on bbm sometimes the text that i'm typing will stop showing up and then until i end or clear the conversation the text i'm typing does not show up. i can still send it, and the recipient will still get the text but i just cannot see what i'm typing.. sometimes it happens frequently and sometimes it does not.

does anyone else have this problem or maybe a solution? thanks!
    I have never heard of this. Loaded .57 on my 9550 as well as 2 8330s with zero issues. Have you tried resending service books then a battery pull? Where are you downloading BBM from? You also may want to try and delete and do a physical 30 sec battery pull then re-install Download from BlackBerry Wallpapers, Ringtones, and More from your device browser.
    12-29-09 06:24 PM
    its working fine for me as said previously try resending your service books
    12-29-09 07:23 PM
    I download all the blackberry versions directly from the pop up message it sends when there is a new version, so i guess that would be right from the blackberry website..

as i was typing this message, i was bbm'ing a friend and in the middle of my sentence the words just stopped showing up!

so you're saying to just pull out the battery for 30s and put it back in?
    12-29-09 07:23 PM
    I download all the blackberry versions directly from the pop up message it sends when there is a new version, so i guess that would be right from the blackberry website..

as i was typing this message, i was bbm'ing a friend and in the middle of my sentence the words just stopped showing up!

so you're saying to just pull out the battery for 30s and put it back in?
    quote quote
    12-29-09 07:43 PM
    Does the "D" on the check mark mean the message was delivered?
    12-29-09 07:49 PM
    Does the "D" on the check mark mean the message was delivered?
    You got it! And "R" means received
    12-29-09 09:22 PM
    No... R means Read

12-29-09 09:29 PM
    No... R means Read

Exactly Right!
    12-29-09 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD