Double post.
    Last edited by utchuckd; 03-06-10 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Sorry.
    03-06-10 11:23 AM
    This is the stupidest thing I ever heard.

So if I wanted to use these emotes, I have to take lord knows how many hours and individually add each one to Autotext and assign shortcuts? All because RIM for whatever reason didn't feel like adding them themselves?

Eff you RIM.
    Hahahaha!
    Agree. That's what I did. Copy them one by one only those I really liked.
    03-06-10 12:12 PM
    You can go with Fancy Characters2.0 as well. Great implementation of the new emoticons and only 99 cents if you do not already have the old version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-10 01:52 PM
    Someone had to integrate them unto bbm other than autotext that is, who would autotext them anyways? That's just madness. Trial for 3 days, or buy for .99

click here for thread >>>> Fancy Characters 2.0 Adds New BBM Icons to the Mix <<<< click here for thread

03-06-10 04:22 PM
    Every time I C&P them into my BBM all I get are Chinese symbols. Is there any way to fix this? If there's a solution in the prior pages I apologize for not seeing it since I only read through page six, but I think my main BBM buddy is getting tired of me C&P Chinese lettering to him especially since it's not working for him either lol.

I really only want the musical note ones if anyone has those!
    03-07-10 12:10 AM
    You need to have the latest version of BBM installed to see these characters 5.0.0.57

03-07-10 12:14 AM
    You need to have the latest version of BBM installed to see these characters 5.0.0.57

How do I know what BBM version I have? and how do I get an updated one?
    03-07-10 12:20 AM
    Go to options/advanced options/ applications and choose bbm. See what the version Is there. If you need the newest I think you can go to http://www.blackberry.com/messengeron ur berry.

03-07-10 12:37 AM
    I have version 4.7. Thanks so much!
    03-07-10 12:43 AM
    Hey if u need the icons i put some into a group. PM me or scan the barcode!
    03-08-10 01:27 AM
    Someone had to integrate them unto bbm other than autotext that is, who would autotext them anyways? That's just madness. Trial for 3 days, or buy for .99

click here for thread >>>> Fancy Characters 2.0 Adds New BBM Icons to the Mix <<<< click here for thread

I just bought the Fancy Characters app for 99 cents.

Fancy Characters - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

This app is so worth it for the price. First, it saved me the time of adding all of the new emoticons to autotext. Second, even if I had gone through all the trouble of adding them to autotext, I would need to memorize the text to type for each emoticon. Lastly, with this app I can actually see which emoticon I want to add my BBM before typing it. I simply select "Insert Fancy Char" from the menu and click on the one I want.
    Last edited by Sam K; 03-08-10 at 05:05 PM.
    03-08-10 05:02 PM
    How do I get all those symbols & emotions?
    03-09-10 06:59 PM
    How do I get all those symbols & emotions?
    The best solution is posted directly above you, fancy characters. 99 cents and you're done.
    03-09-10 07:47 PM
    Anybody know where I can get these symbols?

03-10-10 02:47 AM
    Anybody know where I can get these symbols?

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 03-10-10 at 04:32 AM.
    03-10-10 04:25 AM
    GRR! I'm on a Storm2. When I open the email, I can't figure out how to COPY the text so that I can paste into BBM. might seem basic to some of you, but I can't find the trick. HELP.
    03-11-10 12:47 PM
    I hate that they are all tiny in the bbm chats.
    03-11-10 12:52 PM
    yeah, all icons are tiny in the chats. oh well. better than nothing
    03-11-10 12:59 PM
    You are right jd. Better than nothing.
    03-11-10 02:04 PM
    OK. so i copy the emoticons which i sent to my own bbm.
    then i select and copy an individual one but when i go into auto text...it doesn't let me paste that symbol into it.

what do i do?
    03-12-10 03:13 PM
    This might be the biggest broken record thread ever

03-12-10 03:14 PM
    katie, I've got the patience of Job, but I can't do this anymore. I wish the dang thing would get closed already, and maybe then people would scroll back the few posts necessary to find all the answers.

@ao1337, you could not have actually copied the symbol then, and only thought you did. Make sure your starting on either side before choosing select. If the box is highlighted before that, it won't copy.

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

03-12-10 08:11 PM
    katie, I've got the patience of Job, but I can't do this anymore. I wish the dang thing would get closed already, and maybe then people would scroll back the few posts necessary to find all the answers.

@ao1337, you could not have actually copied the symbol then, and only thought you did. Make sure your starting on either side before choosing select. If the box is highlighted before that, it won't copy.

Well, I give you kudos for sticking to it this long, I would have snapped a long time ago. I made the list with all the symbol descriptions, then bailed from the thread shortly after.
    03-12-10 08:21 PM
    Well, I give you kudos for sticking to it this long, I would have snapped a long time ago. I made the list with all the symbol descriptions, then bailed from the thread shortly after.
    And a fine job you did, with credit to you given from me. I wasn't coming back, but saw your name and had to see your post. Also to the teacher, jaydee I believe, you have more patience than anyone I know.

03-12-10 08:52 PM
    Wulf, jaydee, turbod...ya'll did a great job explaining over and over and over and over again the proper way to add these to autotext. i think i read the procedure so much in this thread that i can probably do it without coming back now lol. KUDOS TO ALL 3!!! edit- and to the others that may have had to repeat themselves!!!

for the rest....-facepalm-
    03-12-10 09:58 PM
1,338 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD