Got this to work just fine by copy/ paste in BBM. Doesn't work anywhere else though. Anyone have an idea how to add this to Emoticons? Or to make a new Emoticon folder?
    You can't add them to the emoticons within BBM, that is coding you cannot mess with. And yes, they do not work except in BBM. You cannot make a new folder and have it available for use in BBM AFAIK
    02-28-10 02:46 PM
    ok so that's your opinion. i'm just trying to be nice to the people that a. either don't have the time to input all the ones they want, or b. some of the people that don't understand how to do it. and as for the few custom ones like zz for your name, it'll be much quicker to delete those few than to add a new 300. if i ever get done inputing all of them i'll gladly upload my .cod file, but i know that i won't be finished for at least another week or 2, maybe someone else has already done it.
    Ok, but HOW on God's green earth could someone NOT understand how to do it by NOW???? read the thread for heaven's sake. Over 250 postings, half are people complaining and whining, do this for me, do that for me, send this to me... and the other half DETAILING the answers.

Please people, read the posts. The answers are there.
    02-28-10 02:48 PM
    Ok, but HOW on God's green earth could someone NOT understand how to do it by NOW???? read the thread for heaven's sake. Over 250 postings, half are people complaining and whining, do this for me, do that for me, send this to me... and the other half DETAILING the answers.

You tell 'em!
    02-28-10 03:03 PM
    You tell 'em!
    Unfortunately, the teacher in me abhors anyone who acts helpless and thinks they don't need to take responsibility for their own actions.
    02-28-10 03:08 PM
    Has anybody gotten a peace sign to work yet? I haven't been able to find one. Thanks in advance guys!
    02-28-10 03:16 PM
    As for adding them to the current ones on BBM, I hope to find a little time later today, and see what I can do. I won't be putting more than a few on right now, but if it works as it should, I'll add a bunch in a few weeks, and then share it around. I've been looking at the code file, and it doesn't appear at first glance to be all too tricky. We shall see.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-10 03:22 PM
    I've tried everything. I'm going crazy! can someone please send them to me....pin # 30B64D47............
    02-28-10 04:41 PM
    LoL
    I've tried to kno how ! But no freakin luck lol
    I woke up dis mornin and a lot of ppl sent me a broadcast dat is full of de new emotions omg loads of dem !!

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????????????
    I dno if its shown her cause all I see is black lil'squares !
    If U wnt any hit me at ma bbm =)

****must update to bbm 5.0.57****
    in order for you to see the icons, u must have the most updated bbm on your BB. if you dont have the most updated bbm you will only see black boxes and chinese... BB ninjas that was having a problem seeing the icons, try this and lemme know if it worked...
    it worked for me and i was having the same problems...
    02-28-10 04:44 PM
    I just got black boxes!
    ****must update to bbm 5.0.57****
    in order for you to see the icons, u must have the most updated bbm on your BB. if you dont have the most updated bbm you will only see black boxes and chinese... BB ninjas that was having a problem seeing the icons, try this and lemme know if it worked...
    it worked for me and i was having the same problems...
    02-28-10 04:46 PM

you are a bitter old woman, what does it matter to you if someone asks for help even if it was already answered? clearly you've figured out how to do it, you have your list and enjoy inputting them into your phone. now you no longer have a reason to come to this forum so leave, and let the people who are actually trying to help each other do just that.
    02-28-10 05:11 PM
    And you are a crybaby.
    Enjoy your whining along with the others who can't read previous posts.

Because if you had read my many posts at the beginning of this thread, you would see all the directions and help I have provided.
    What do we have forums for if people can't express their opinions?
    I will continue to read and post where I like. You don't have any right to tell me what to do. Especially with a grand total of 8 posts!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 02-28-10 at 05:16 PM.
    02-28-10 05:13 PM
    Got these to work fine on my 9700...just follow the directions and make sure you have the latest BBM, that's pretty much all there is to it
    02-28-10 05:53 PM
    you are a bitter old woman, what does it matter to you if someone asks for help even if it was already answered? clearly you've figured out how to do it, you have your list and enjoy inputting them into your phone. now you no longer have a reason to come to this forum so leave, and let the people who are actually trying to help each other do just that.
    I certainly wouldn't call her that, but I would encourage you to keep on helping. This isn't the first thread I and many others have repeated themselves ad-infinitem.

And you are a crybaby.
    Enjoy your whining along with the others who can't read previous posts.

Because if you had read my many posts at the beginning of this thread, you would see all the directions and help I have provided.
    What do we have forums for if people can't express their opinions?
    I will continue to read and post where I like. You don't have any right to tell me what to do. Especially with a grand total of 8 posts!
    I can completely understand your frustration, and on this thread because of the amount of posts in a short time share in it. It is amazing people can find a thread, yet not take the time to read any previous posts, but I've also come to expect it. I wish you telling them to read would help, but for the most part I expect not.

I think you two should kiss and make up. You've both been a great help to many on this thread, and valuable to CrackBerry.

02-28-10 06:14 PM
    I have the BB Tour running on 5.0.0.419..... & I want to know if anyone can help me with these new icons! How do I get them on my BBM?? Can someone please help me.

THANK YOU MUCH!
    02-28-10 06:27 PM
    haha i'm sorry you feel the need to count the number of posts to the importance of how technologically advanced someone might be. enjoy your 378 posts if that makes you fel so proud and have fun repeating yourself time and time again. don't bother responding to this one as i am done checking back, you bore me.
    02-28-10 06:33 PM
    Cherrymomma,
    i will pm you for your PIN. I will send them to you via BBM after you accept me, ok?
    02-28-10 06:34 PM
    Ok I've gotten the emoticons to show on my bb, however I haven't gone though the 20 pages and would like to know is their a way to save them to bbm?
    02-28-10 06:40 PM
    As far as saving them to BBM, no I don't know of a way. What most of us have been doing is to choose the ones you want individually, copy and paste them into autotext and save them. Then you can insert them each time you type the autotext word.
    Need more clarification? I can help. I did mine so I can list the steps if you need them. Although post # 128 does give great directions. I believe JerseyDriver set it up nicely for you.
    02-28-10 06:45 PM
    I have the Curve 8530, and when i email it to myself, it comes as black boxes and chinese writing. Any suggestions?
    02-28-10 07:15 PM
    I have the Curve 8530, and when i email it to myself, it comes as black boxes and chinese writing. Any suggestions?
    Copy each one and place in auto text with a shortcut name you would use for it to show. For example I use bblogo1 for the bb logo.

02-28-10 07:19 PM
    Copy each one and place in auto text with a shortcut name you would use for it to show. For example I use bblogo1 for the bb logo.

They don't even show up as icons/symbols when i receive the email or when i put it in auto text
    02-28-10 07:29 PM
    a good way to save them is to email it to yourself.(note:when you email it, it will look like Boxes and chinese. this is ok. once you email it to yourself, go your bbm and make yourself a contact on your own list (enter pin like you adding a new contact.). once you make yourself a contact, copy and paste and ping yourself the icons, and leave your conversation up...thats how i did it...lemme know if this helps...
    02-28-10 07:39 PM
    a good way to save them is to email it to yourself.(note:when you email it, it will look like Boxes and chinese. this is ok. once you email it to yourself, go your bbm and make yourself a contact on your own list (enter pin like you adding a new contact.). once you make yourself a contact, copy and paste and ping yourself the icons, and leave your conversation up...thats how i did it...lemme know if this helps...
    02-28-10 07:40 PM
    They don't even show up as icons/symbols when i receive the email or when i put it in auto text
    In the email, they will look like black boxes, but in bbm chat they should appear as the icons. Do you have the latest ver of BBM 5.0.0.57? That version should work...as should any 5.x.x.x version of BBM I believe.

Ah in auto text, they look like boxes too, but when you type the word in a chat...voila! The picture should show!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 02-28-10 at 07:46 PM. Reason: added info on autotext
    02-28-10 07:45 PM
    The only place they are visible as images is on BBM.

That's a lot to go through. If you downloaded the itemized list that's been posted, just save it as a memo, and you're set.
    02-28-10 07:46 PM
1,338 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD