Hi everyone i have tried all ways suggested and cant get them can someone pin some to me: 306247CE? Thanks!
    02-27-10 11:42 AM
    attached is a text file you can email yourself or save from here to BB. it's labeled and works i've tried it. has all the flag codes too.
    onozare likes this.
    02-27-10 11:51 AM
    Everthing works fine to that point, there just isn't a paste option in my auto txt..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-10 12:04 PM
    Everthing works fine to that point, there just isn't a paste option in my auto txt..

I can copy from here, n paste to my bbm, just can't paste to save to my autotxt..

02-27-10 12:06 PM
    tried the auto text and its not working...

9700 on 5.423
    02-27-10 12:19 PM
    Got it thnx jeff!!

02-27-10 12:51 PM
    RedBank, where would these icons be found? You may have uncovered a treasure for BBMers!
    Not really sure...does anyone know what format these icons are? The AEBF squares...is that ASCII?

I bet if someone would just create whatever comes next alph-numerically after the BB symbol...will have a new unfound symbol...and if that works...there will be quite a few more to bring to the table.
    02-27-10 01:01 PM
    Broken out in groups of five
    Nice Thanks a lot buddy.
    02-27-10 01:06 PM
    RedBank, where would these icons be found? You may have uncovered a treasure for BBMers!
    I have noticed something. All of the icons are E6-E7 with varying alph-numeric combinations.

The BlackBerry logo is F8EB. So does this mean there is an additional batch of icons in the range of F as well???
    These are unicode symbols, every chartacter you type is one of them, and there are 100K or so of them I believe. I am trying to get the Apple logo in here, and haven't had success finding a way, it's unicode string is F8FF. If it posts, it looks like this  which typed out in characters with added spaces looks like & # 6 3 7 4 3 ; which is the way it works on the web. So there would be many more pics you can get, just have to find them. Trying searching the web for unicode lists.

Unfortunately copy and paste doesn't work with this one, and may not for all I guess. Don't know quite enough about this stuff, but if anyone knows how to create these characters, please PM me or post back. Thanks
    Last edited by JerseyDriver; 02-27-10 at 01:09 PM.
    02-27-10 01:06 PM
    Sooo I have the Storm 9530 I copied the long text of squares from this thread emailed it to myself and sent it to my bb, then I copied the squares and pasted it in a chat to someone and the symbols showed up... sooo now what do i do... I have to copy each symbol i want and put it in auto text? or is there a way to do all of the symbols at once? theres alot of symbols! Help
    02-27-10 01:54 PM
    Sooo I have the Storm 9530 I copied the long text of squares from this thread emailed it to myself and sent it to my bb, then I copied the squares and pasted it in a chat to someone and the symbols showed up... sooo now what do i do... I have to copy each symbol i want and put it in auto text? or is there a way to do all of the symbols at once? theres alot of symbols! Help
    There isn't a way to do all at once. I know myself and a few others only used a few, so no big deal. Someone was asking for anyone who's done it to back up to DM and then send a copy of the auto text back up, but them you would have someone else's words, which you may not want in your BB. I used specific mis-spellings of the icons so I wouldn't run into problems while I'm typing an email or SMS, as these auto text entries will also TRY to bring up the icons in those apps as well. They will not show up correctly, but the text WILL change to something, possible just the block you see originally of maybe just blank space. So just pick some you like, or take a few minutes here and there and add them all. Good luck.

BTW, what exit ?
    Last edited by JerseyDriver; 02-27-10 at 02:20 PM.
    02-27-10 02:18 PM
    15 pages so far and probably 14 of them are people asking the same thing over and over and over again, while the remainder of the posts are the answers to those questions. For cripes sake people, try reading like those of us that have easily figured out how to use these have.

02-27-10 02:23 PM
    Just so we understand, these do NOT work in SMS.
    I also have not gotten them to work in email. At least they don't work in the email I compose.
    I think they just work in BBM. Just in case someone is driving themselves crazy trying to get them to work somewhere else...
    02-27-10 02:30 PM
    These are unicode symbols, every chartacter you type is one of them, and there are 100K or so of them I believe. I am trying to get the Apple logo in here, and haven't had success finding a way, it's unicode string is F8FF. If it posts, it looks like this  which typed out in characters with added spaces looks like & # 6 3 7 4 3 ; which is the way it works on the web. So there would be many more pics you can get, just have to find them. Trying searching the web for unicode lists.

Unfortunately copy and paste doesn't work with this one, and may not for all I guess. Don't know quite enough about this stuff, but if anyone knows how to create these characters, please PM me or post back. Thanks
    OK...not sure what the below are...but they lead off where the list of discovered icons left off. The BlackBerry icon...which was F8EB is in the 2nd list of icons. Anyone want to try these out???

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Here is the unicode starting from the BlackBerry symbol and ending with the Apple symbol and whatever is in between:
               <BlackBerry                     (its part of the "Private Use area)" sector and literally the last letter of the unicode.
    02-27-10 02:32 PM
    Nice Redbank. I'm in the process now!
    02-27-10 02:37 PM
    OK...not sure what the below are...but they lead off where the list of discovered icons left off. The BlackBerry icon...which was F8EB is in the 2nd list of icons. Anyone want to try these out???

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Here is the unicode starting from the BlackBerry symbol and ending with the Apple symbol and whatever is in between:
               <BlackBerry                     (its part of the "Private Use area)" sector and literally the last letter of the unicode.
    Thanks for the additions, there are probably some good ones in there. I knew the info about the Apple symbol already, and have tried cutting and pasting from everywhere (including your post and mine earlier). It should also be said that sometimes special symbols such as this will not show up everywhere on every device, as it does on my Mac, but may not on every PC, and also not on my BB while viewing this thread. May not get this one to work, but if anyone knows how to create boxes like these with the info in them (F8FF) I'd love to see it.
    02-27-10 02:47 PM
    super sweet, just wished they worked in SMS and E-mail.... Thanks for the help everyone!
    02-27-10 02:52 PM
    This is a Unicode dump of all of the symbols leading up to Happy, Angry, Sad on the list of discovered icons. Again...not quite sure what they are...but this is now all of the Unicode characters. So if there are any additional icons you want for your BBM...then they will be found throughout this thread.

     
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
     
       
    
    
    Last edited by RedBank; 02-27-10 at 03:14 PM.
    02-27-10 03:10 PM
    lets just hope the nice people at rim decide to hook us up on the next upgrade...
    02-27-10 03:13 PM
    Thanks Jersey Driver.. I dont like all of the icons anyway...so i'll just add a few... Exit 16E Btw... and U? PS- ooo how I wish there was a middle finger Icon....let me know if that comes up pllllllllllllleeeeaaaaasssse....
    02-27-10 04:11 PM
    wow!! what a pain in the arse!! it seems so silly they would put them in there but not give us easy access to it...
    heres to crossing our fingers they do an upgrade and include all these awsome smilies!!
    02-27-10 04:11 PM
    Thanks Jersey Driver.. I dont like all of the icons anyway...so i'll just add a few... Exit 16E Btw... and U? PS- ooo how I wish there was a middle finger Icon....let me know if that comes up pllllllllllllleeeeaaaaasssse....
    7 here, and I'll keep my eyes open.
    02-27-10 04:13 PM
    wow!! what a pain in the arse!! it seems so silly they would put them in there but not give us easy access to it...
    heres to crossing our fingers they do an upgrade and include all these awsome smilies!!
    They aren't "in there", these boxes are information that a computer understands as that particular icon. So you are adding them into the BB when you paste them in.
    02-27-10 04:16 PM
    Copy the squares, send the symbols to yourself in bbm.
    After you see the symbols highlight the one you want to use and copy it.
    Go to options, auto-text, new, make a shortcut name for the symbol you want in the "replace" field. (For example if you want the pig symbol, you may want to type "piggy" in this field.) Paste the symbol from the bbm into the "with" field,(the symbol will come up as a square here, but should show in bbm) and save.

....That's how I did it, hope it helps.

Hi I followed ur directions, the icons showed up but having difficulty saving them in autotext or maybe I'm not doing something right, if u can help or know where I can get the help pls bbm me 210E4320. Thx!

02-27-10 04:34 PM
    RedBank, that was a great though, but other than one that was already in the new set, the only one that works is the spoked wheel - ?.

Thanks to whomever originally created the itemized list, that was awesome!

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

02-27-10 04:38 PM
1,338 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD