I pasted them into my bb and they show up but how do I save them?
    With these, you have to paste them into a chat and hit enter--so pick a friend, or someone in the thread had a great idea to add yourself as a contact. After you have them in a conversation, you have to scroll to the one you want to keep, hit you menu/BB button and choose Select. Then highlight the emoticon, hit menu again, choose copy. Hit menu again, press E till you get "edit autotext". When the auto text list comes up, press menu again, select New. Here under "replace" select some text you will use to bring up the emoticon (I used pggy for the pig). Then scroll down to "With" and hit menu then Paste. Save and when ever you type that text, the corresponding emoticon will pop up--in BBM, SMS and emails btw. Hope that helps.
    02-26-10 07:19 PM
    I'd love someone to send to me. I've sent to myself as email and I see all the black boxes but have no idea how to just copy to bbm?? Where in bbm? How? When I copy and try to add to auto text it just says copy not paste where I want to put the icon. Please send a file to me 21607da0 [email protected]

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-10 07:21 PM
    I just pasted them in a chat to my self which I will keep open as long as I can for easy pasting of the symbols to other convos. If I acidentally close it I have them saved elsewhere as well. If you save them to autotext (which is a pain anyway)there is just to many to remember the code for...
    02-26-10 07:22 PM
    I'd love someone to send to me. I've sent to myself as email and I see all the black boxes but have no idea how to just copy to bbm?? Where in bbm? How? When I copy and try to add to auto text it just says copy not paste where I want to put the icon. Please send a file to me 21607da0 [email protected]

Check the post directly above yours
    02-26-10 07:23 PM

You can follow the post of JerseyDriver above. He's got all the steps listed for you. If you have all black boxes in the email then you are doing it RIGHT. Now copy those boxes by highlighting and clicking COPY, and then opening a chat in BBM and hitting menu PASTE. Follow the directions above yours.
    02-26-10 07:26 PM
    So my question is this, and it was asked before. If I have a pic, or even the ASCII code for an icon, how can I get it to this format? And bear in mind, I'm on a Mac too.

Last edited by JerseyDriver; 02-26-10 at 09:07 PM.
    02-26-10 07:28 PM
    what is auto reply?
    02-26-10 07:33 PM
    what is auto reply?
    I think you mean auto text?
    Go to BB Options/ Auto text to see. Its when you mistype a word and your bb corrects it, or you type "my sig" and your full signature pops into the email, bbm etc. Or in this case, if we associate a picture icon with a word, we get the little pics..For example, I type flower and I get a picture of a pretty pink flower to use in bbm, email, etc.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 02-27-10 at 08:11 AM.
    02-26-10 07:43 PM
    With these, you have to paste them into a chat and hit enter--so pick a friend, or someone in the thread had a great idea to add yourself as a contact. After you have them in a conversation, you have to scroll to the one you want to keep, hit you menu/BB button and choose Select. Then highlight the emoticon, hit menu again, choose copy. Hit menu again, press E till you get "edit autotext". When the auto text list comes up, press menu again, select New. Here under "replace" select some text you will use to bring up the emoticon (I used pggy for the pig). Then scroll down to "With" and hit menu then Paste. Save and when ever you type that text, the corresponding emoticon will pop up--in BBM, SMS and emails btw. Hope that helps.
    Thanks I will definitely give it a try
    02-26-10 07:45 PM
    Anyone get it working on a 8530? I can't get them to work.
    No luck here...I can't even email it to myself without the copy and paste showing up as ampersands followed by numbers.
    02-26-10 07:49 PM
    Let me toss a better one at you all. Pick someone you hardly chat with, and paste the emoticons on the message box, but don't hit enter. You can have them all saved as an email, or memopad. When you paste the message, they will have no idea if the conversation isn't open yet, but all the emoticons will be there as they are viewed in BBM. You can then play with autotext, and copy/paste them. Simple, yet effective.
    02-26-10 07:57 PM
    I emailed these to myself but it doesn't show up, can someone email me them? [email protected] Thanks!
    02-26-10 08:01 PM
    But How Do You Paste These in Auto-text on a Storm, its not showing up...ive copied but havent been able to pate and save them.?
    02-26-10 08:02 PM
    Big thanks to Ed Levine!
    02-26-10 08:08 PM
    LoL
    I've tried to kno how ! But no freakin luck lol
    I woke up dis mornin and a lot of ppl sent me a broadcast dat is full of de new emotions omg loads of dem !!

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????

I dno if its shown her cause all I see is black lil'squares !
    If U wnt any hit me at ma bbm =)

02-26-10 08:11 PM
    I'd love some of these could you please send what you have my pin 4031DE1D

02-26-10 08:13 PM
    I've done all of those steps but when I go to paste it under with it doesn't give me the option to paste it
    02-26-10 08:25 PM
    Hi can u please send to me, my pin is 212167D8 tks
    I've seen a pig, dog, flower, some cherries, and a horse. I copied em and saved as autoText. :-)
    02-26-10 08:26 PM
    you have to copy and paste one at a time into autotext, if you want them to just appear as you type. then after the word use the spacebar and the icon will appear
    02-26-10 08:29 PM
    02-26-10 08:40 PM
    I've done all of those steps but when I go to paste it under with it doesn't give me the option to paste it
    Not sure why, the only thing I can guess would be it didn't copy, so you can't paste. When you are in the BBM message with the icon, you click select, then scroll right so it's highlighted, make sure the icon is covered in blue highlight, then copy and try again. Give it a shot and let us know.
    02-26-10 08:47 PM
    Yes it works!!! Just send this "text" to your email and then paste to BBM, will show many emoticons

          


    
      
    
      
    This made me the happiest I have been all day!
    02-26-10 09:05 PM
    I give up, can someone also please send these to me as well, PIN 31070A96 Thanks ALOT
    02-26-10 09:15 PM
    what is so hard about this guys? you copy and paste those blocks and email them to yourself, then you paste them into bbm, they won't show up unless they're in a bbm conversation, EVERYWHERE else you'll only see black boxes, so you'll want to paste them into a conversation, then copy each individual one that you want to use and add it to an autotext entry, this is the only way you'll get to use these without copy and pasting all of them everytime you want to use them, theres no 'send me these so they'll work' you're going to have to do these steps, theres no other way.
    02-26-10 09:17 PM
    One of my contacts has it too. When I paste it in anything, it shows up as a black box instead of the pig face.
    It does that but when you go to the bbm and type in whatever word you used for the pig face, it comes up.
    02-26-10 09:46 PM
1,338 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD