I sent them as email to my device, they were squares, but when I copied and pased them into BBM, they all showed up correctly. Thanks!
    02-26-10 02:01 PM
    can someone who understands how to do this put simplified directions for a how to. lol i cant comprehend how to do this
    02-26-10 02:04 PM
    Ok guys , finally got what i've been looking for, plenty of pics:

          


    
     
     

cheers...
    OH! Awesome! I went to this post in Opera Mini and hit quote, I copied the blocks and pasted it in BBM and it worked! Score
    Loc22 likes this.
    02-26-10 02:06 PM
    When you copy and paste to auto text it doesn't work? They all work on my tour running 5.0.
    Let me try again. And no, I'm one of the only ones NOT running OS 5!
    02-26-10 02:07 PM
    Anyone get it working on a 8530? I can't get them to work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-10 02:09 PM
    Let me try again. And no, I'm one of the only ones NOT running OS 5!
    I'm not running 5.0 either and a had two BBM buds try and send those to me and they didn't work. I might just need to upgrade my BBM again.
    02-26-10 02:10 PM
    Are you supposed to copy each one to BBM separately or can you get them all in there in one shot?
    02-26-10 02:14 PM
    Do I have to add each of these to the AutoText individually? I copied and pasted the boxes into BBM, and they show up on my 8330. So it looks like most devices get it. But I don't know how to add these for use later without manually adding each one.

For those having trouble - make sure you open this thread on your BB browser, and then copy and paste the boxes (not the images) into BBM. You should see it from there.
    Last edited by robr21; 02-26-10 at 02:17 PM.
    02-26-10 02:15 PM
    I sent them as email to my device, they were squares, but when I copied and pased them into BBM, they all showed up correctly. Thanks!
    Can you send them to my e-mail? adieueurope25 (at) gmail.com
    02-26-10 02:15 PM
    Do I have to add each of these to the AutoText individually? I copied and pasted the boxes into BBM, and they show up on my 8330. So it looks like most devices get it. But I don't know how to add these for use later without manually adding each one.
    i am guessing so
    02-26-10 02:18 PM
    i am guessing so
    ugh..who has the time to do that? theres like 500
    02-26-10 02:18 PM
    Are you supposed to copy each one to BBM separately or can you get them all in there in one shot?
    I second this question. I emailed them to myself, and pasted them in a message box in BBM and they showed up. I just don't know how to add them to the phone so I can use them individually.
    02-26-10 02:19 PM

You can just paste them into a chat, but for the ones youd want to use in the future youd probably want to add those as autotext otherwise youd have to copy/paste each time.
    02-26-10 02:20 PM
    Yes it works!!! Just send this "text" to your email and then paste to BBM, will show many emoticons

          


      
      
    mimicurtis likes this.
    02-26-10 02:21 PM
    You can just paste them into a chat, but for the ones youd want to use in the future youd probably want to add those as autotext otherwise youd have to copy/paste each time.
    Holy Damaging Dizzle-nutz Batman! Why the heck wouldn't RIM just have them in there as default icons????
    02-26-10 02:22 PM
    Copy the squares, send the symbols to yourself in bbm.
    After you see the symbols highlight the one you want to use and copy it.
    Go to options, auto-text, new, make a shortcut name for the symbol you want in the "replace" field. (For example if you want the pig symbol, you may want to type "piggy" in this field.) Paste the symbol from the bbm into the "with" field,(the symbol will come up as a square here, but should show in bbm) and save.

....That's how I did it, hope it helps.

02-26-10 02:22 PM
    if you paste them into a chat, eventually they will be useless once you delete the chat or theres 50 more lines from the chat...am i missing something?

sounds like in order to actually use them (and not just look at how cool they are all at once), you'll need to create an auto text for each individual icon. in other words, at least for me, i will never be using these.
    02-26-10 02:24 PM
    hmm got them to show up by emailing them to myself.. but i can get em to work with autotext.. what am i doing wrong? i can paste a penguin into a bbm chat just fine.. when i paste that same thing into autotext i get a blackquare.. hit save.. then try autotext.. no go
    02-26-10 02:24 PM
    works on my lyricidal hybrid on my storm, sweet, now i just need to figure out which ones i want and add them to Autotext...
    02-26-10 02:27 PM
    if you paste them into a chat, eventually they will be useless once you delete the chat or theres 50 more lines from the chat...am i missing something?

sounds like in order to actually use them (and not just look at how cool they are all at once), you'll need to create an auto text for each individual icon. in other words, at least for me, i will never be using these.
    Well what I did was paste them all into a chat, then just copied the ones I wanted. There are some duplicate ones in there as well as ones I would never use.
    02-26-10 02:27 PM
    Well what I did was paste them all into a chat, then just copied the ones I wanted. There are some duplicate ones in there as well as ones I would never use.
    gotcha, some of them are so small i cant even make out what they are unless the berry is upto my pupils..and i have a Storm with a huge screen. oh well no biggie
    02-26-10 02:31 PM
    I have them all on my bold 9700....and they work!!!!!
    02-26-10 02:33 PM
    Anyone get it working on a 8530? I can't get them to work.

I copied the post above with all the little squares in it via the copy function of my desktop and emailed it to my blackberry. Opened that email, using the select function I then selected and copied them from the email. I pasted them into the text area of a BBM message, and they all show up. Great.
    Now how do I use them? Is there a short cut or will I have to decide which one gets assigned to what key sequence options in autotext?

Btw, I'm on an 8530 that's why I quoted your post.
    02-26-10 02:36 PM
    When I copy those squares and email them to myself I don't get squares. I get "&#59122".......etc. Anyone else get this? How do I send the squares?
    02-26-10 02:38 PM
    When I copy those squares and email them to myself I don't get squares. I get "".......etc. Anyone else get this? How do I send the squares?
    You could also visit this thread on your BB, then copy it directly so you dont have to worry about your email messing it up.
    02-26-10 02:39 PM
1,338 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD