Feel like I wake up every morning and my schedule goes
    1: take a shower
    2: BBM friends
    3: make coffee
    Yada yada yada

And since I'm a high school student. Tons of friends have blackberrys so I'm bombing all day long whether its with my BBM groups, or with individuals. Right now I just can't see my self not having my blackberry or BBM. I might consider an android phone but that would ONLy be if it had a BBM app, which probably won't happen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-11 09:40 PM
    it's part of my minutely? schedule. If I put as much time into learning new languages, skills, and talents as I spend on BBM... I would be... well IDK, a superhuman.
    04-28-11 10:34 PM
    I wouldn't say BBM is part of my daily schedule, but I do end up using it daily.
    04-28-11 11:30 PM
    I'm a member of 4 different BBM groups, so I'm always chatting with the groups daily.

I usually have a few individual chats too.
    04-28-11 11:39 PM
    I use it pretty much daily but with just my fiance. None of my circle of friends have Berries.
    04-28-11 11:45 PM
    1. Blackberry alarm wakes me up
    2. Check Facebook
    3. Check Email
    4. Tweet
    5. Eat Breakfast and Shower
    6. Attach Blackberry to body and never let it leave my side!
    7. Set Blackberry by bed side and fall asleep.
    04-28-11 11:52 PM
    Use it for work (boss man is always asking me stuff), school (have a couple groups and classmates), friends (constantly), brother (we're always talking and sending stuff to each other).

So I'm using it quite a bit everyday. I really wish we could get custom LED alerts for BBM contacts/categories.
    04-28-11 11:54 PM
    whats bbm again?
    ridesno159 likes this.
    04-29-11 12:17 AM
    From the moment I wake up (BB alarm) my BB manages my day. Constant stream of communication with hubby, kidlets' caretaker, assorted family, friends and work. With hubby and kidlets' caretaker it's BBM. With most of family and friends it's BBM, but I don't give my PIN to a lot of people. Most anyone outside my closest it's SMS or email. With work it's 90% email.
    04-29-11 05:42 AM
    I'm part of a BBM group (to which I am also a mod of), and I have 100 BBM contacts. I'm always talking to a friend on it asking for advice with relationships and other things. It is a core part of my life, and I cannot migrate to Android until BBM hits Android. I have 2 fellow Radio DJs on my BBM also, one of whom I am really getting to know as she is on a Student Radio Station (the one at her Uni), whereas I am on the one at the Uni I am at. Theyr'e 2 different unis, so 2 different stations.
    04-29-11 05:51 AM
    Yes I use my BBM everyday.. Mostly to communicate to my GF she has a BB Style.. We talk all day everyday.. And the rest of my bbm contacts are friends and coworkers!

04-29-11 07:33 AM
    I'm on BBM almost constantly. Do I have a BBM "schedule"? No. I do have a few contacts who BBM me first thing in the morning because they know I'm up really early. But aside from that, I don't have any sort of schedule. I just BBM with whoever wants to talk.
    jimbojz1 likes this.
    04-29-11 08:18 AM
    Part of my "schedule" not really but I do find myself using it quite a bit, not as much as email right now but I also have work & personal email so that's the bulk of my time......
    04-29-11 08:26 AM
    Regular BBM? Well, I guess that's healthy lol.

Ok, so I don't get the BBM thing. Yes, I'm new to BlackBerry and perhaps I have not seen the light yet. But what sets BBM apart from other text communication tools (IM, text msg, e-mail). Plus, BBM is exclusive to BlackBerry users, which makes it a worthless communication tool to use with all of my family and most of my friends (I'm surrounded by lots of iPhone and Android people - please don't hold that against me...).
    04-29-11 08:42 AM
    I am sorta the same as you Tom. The only "friends" I have are my mother, my sister, an old buddy from high school and one other person.

I'm totally open to using it, but I don't want to be the creepy guy trolling forums for PINs (ha!) and I don't have a single friend or co-worker that has a BB...they all have Android devices or iphones.
    04-29-11 09:30 AM

Ok, so I don't get the BBM thing. Yes, I'm new to BlackBerry and perhaps I have not seen the light yet. But what sets BBM apart from other text communication tools (IM, text msg, e-mail). Plus, BBM is exclusive to BlackBerry users, which makes it a worthless communication tool to use with all of my family and most of my friends (I'm surrounded by lots of iPhone and Android people - please don't hold that against me...).
    I have my BB Tour for 2 years now, and i too just don't understand BBM. It is mostly pure neglect on my part of not researching/using it enough to figure out if it is more beneficial than SMS. Of all my friends/family, only 4 of them have BBs and i know they will not convert from SMS to BBM just for me. I would like to use it more and figure out what it is all about, but seems it will never happen for me.

I wish there was a "tell all" for the pros and cons of using BBM.
    04-29-11 03:05 PM

I love the fact that you can see when a message was Delivered, when the person has actually Read the message and when someone is typing a reply. LOVE IT. I love that you can change your own display picture, put status updates like "At work" or "Busy".

I only have a few friends and my mom and sister who use BBM, but I've met some fantastic people from CrackBerry through BBM. Out of my 26 BBM contacts, only 4 of them are people I've actually met/know (friends & family), the rest are good folk of CrackBerry.

I know what you mean about being surrounded by iPhones. Over Christmas, my in-laws and two brother-in-laws were visiting and out of six of us in the house, I was the only BlackBerry user, everyone else had iPhones.
    Last edited by moiselles; 04-29-11 at 03:16 PM.
    04-29-11 03:14 PM
    I love the fact that you can see when a message was Delivered, when the person has actually Read the message and when someone is typing a reply. LOVE IT. I love that you can change your own display picture, put status updates like "At work" or "Busy".
    Agreed! Although I always forget to change my status
    04-29-11 03:25 PM
    BBM is definitely part of my daily schedule. I am a member of three groups (so the members and I have added each other). I also provide tech support for a number of 9650 users and of course, I have my FFL league guys to talk to as well. None of my real life family has a bb...and that's ok with me. Enjoying the wonderful friends I have met there who are just as important to me as my family.

I use it all day from morning to night.

I also use it to keep in touch with my editor and that's an important use. Quick questions get quick answers and who wants to compose an email for those?
    04-29-11 03:32 PM
    I use BBM daily. I belong to a Christian group and we chat and pray daily with our BBM. Right now I'm keeping them posted about my doctor visit.

04-29-11 05:51 PM
    I love my "Pointless meeting of doom" status I use when trapped in the conference room.

04-29-11 05:53 PM
    wife got a bb, now bbm is an all day thing
    04-29-11 05:58 PM
    wife got a bb, now bbm is an all day thing
    So cool, I bet all the BBMs make you two even closer!

04-29-11 06:00 PM
    I wouldn't say it's a daily thing for me. It just depends.
    04-29-11 06:01 PM
    I only have 17 contacts and am part of 3 groups. Everyone in my immediate family has blackberrys, actually all different ones a bold 97xx. 9650 9300,9330,9630,9800,8800,9670,8310 but I'm not friends with half of them on BBM for some reason

04-29-11 06:15 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD