I like BBM but I really could do without it. It's not THAT big of a deal. AIM, Yahoo, MSN, ICQ, etc all do essentially the same thing. The problem with BBM is exactly what makes it so great - it's only for BB to BB. You can't talk to just anyone with it. I have a few people on my list but obviously they have mobile phones so I could just text them instead.

In general I do prefer IM to text though since I can use the return key to send the message in the former but must use the trackball for the latter.

BBM is just another way to communicate. It doesn't replace anything...let alone everything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by dchawk81; 12-21-09 at 05:38 AM.
    12-21-09 05:27 AM
    One of my favorite benefits of BBM is the ability to talk to any BB user anywhere in the world and have it be free (text anyways )

12-25-09 02:13 AM
    Let's put it this way...bbm is THE reason I will never have any other phone but a blackberry. Enuf said!
    12-26-09 01:18 PM
    BBM rules. periord.
    12-26-09 04:08 PM
    I was going to make a post asking what the big deal about BBM was. I'm a BB user for only the past three months or so and never used it. So I read this thread and realized what my problem was - I don't have any BB friends! The only person I actually know who has a BB is my ex-boss, who doesn't even know how to use his for anything except phone calls and BrickBreaker (seriously, and he's a techie).

I guess, being entirely anti-social, a social networking app would naturally be of no use to me...
    12-28-09 03:43 PM
    the reason why people say that its cuz all your friends and coworkers have them so they love it is cuz the "status updates" and picture updates and name changes are addicting in my opinion.

you know u love bbm when texting is too much of a hassle...

u simply go to bbm > contact > type > enter and boom its there... none of the messages > bb menu > compose sms > select contact > type > bb menu > click send...

call me lazy but i love how quick and easy bbm is... having bbm and not having friends on bbm = not having bbm... so get some ppl that have bb and add them and you'll see why sooo many ppl still have a bb JUST cuz of bbm....

I'm not one of those btw...
    12-28-09 05:18 PM
    I like it because it's always on. You don't have to worry about you and the person you want to contact being logged into the same IM program at the same time.

01-10-10 09:46 AM
    i like it because you can see if people are ignoring you or not with the delivery report
    01-10-10 06:20 PM
    I like it, but I really only have 5 friends with BlackBerries so I don't use it much.
    01-11-10 12:01 AM
    One of my favorite benefits of BBM is the ability to talk to any BB user anywhere in the world and have it be free (text anyways )

This and the fact that there's practically an unlimited amount of characters you can type (I think?) are the reasons I love BBM. With the Bold's (9000's) great keyboard, I always tend to go a little overboard and send a billion texts instead of one, due to the character limit.
    01-11-10 02:04 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD