First off, I searched, I really did. But I am not coming up with my particular issue.

On my curve, I would have conversations open for days in bbm and they just kept getting longer and longer. I could scroll back through several days worth of chat with no problem.

On the Tour, my conversations are being partially deleted. The whole converstaion is not deleted, but say I have been chatting with the same person throughout the day, when I go to look at something said early, only about 1/2 our conversation is there.

i have looked for a setting on how long to save bbm conversations but can't find one.

I have done several battery pulls. My file free is running between 70 and 95 mb. I have been using various themes created by users here as well as the stock themes with the same results. I typically close my apps when done with them, except for bbm.

Any suggestions as to why my convos are being deleted and how to make it stop?

TIA!
    08-21-09 11:07 AM
    My curve definitely does the same thing. Even if the convo is open for a couple days or a couple hours if its a long convo it deletes (or hides?) at a certain point. Haven't put much thought into if it deletes after so much time/characters. I will try to pay a little closer attention to it though. This being my first BB I just thought it was normal.
    08-21-09 11:10 AM
    When i had my curve, i had days worth of conversation available. This only started happening since i got my Tour
    08-21-09 11:12 AM
    How are your BBM Miscellaneous options set? I was having similar issues until I set "Save Message History" to Media Card and "Keep Recent Updates" to 100. Once I made these changes, I've had no problems with old chats being partially or entirely deleted.

I hope this helps.
    08-21-09 11:25 AM
    i don't have that option under miscellaneous. I only have vibrate with ping. i am running BBM 4.7, not 5.0
    08-21-09 11:27 AM
    Ah, I should have thought about that...I'm using 5.0. Sorry,.
    08-21-09 11:44 AM
    Ah, I should have thought about that...I'm using 5.0. Sorry,.
    no problem. I do know on 5.0 you can save chats, but 5.0 was too buggy for me and i went back to the official. Come to think of it, I don't think i had the convo's being deleted before I went to 5.0. Wonder if there could be a connection??
    08-21-09 11:51 AM
    i've been keeping an eye on this..seems to delete anything that is older than 12 hours. My curve never did that. Anyone have this issue?
    08-21-09 10:44 PM
    i've been keeping an eye on this..seems to delete anything that is older than 12 hours. My curve never did that. Anyone have this issue?
    yea im seeing the same thing, was talking to my friend throughout the whole day quite a bit, and the messages we sent each other at 5am are gone. Heck the messages from even like 2 or 3pm are even gone...
    08-21-09 10:57 PM
    good to know i am not crazy and it's happening to someone else. Wish I knew why or how to fix it. I like to look back at my conversations sometimes...
    08-21-09 10:59 PM
    good to know i am not crazy and it's happening to someone else. Wish I knew why or how to fix it. I like to look back at my conversations sometimes...
    did you set the option to save your previous message history to your sd card or something? that will allow you to view the older messages
    08-21-09 11:04 PM
    I am not running BBM 5. i switched back because it was too buggy. Almost tempted to switch again just to be able to save chats
    08-21-09 11:06 PM
    darn hmm, dont know what else to say...
    08-21-09 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD