View Poll Results: is the BBM one of your Main Reasons buying a blackberry ?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Bought BB JUST for BBM

19 12.93%
  • I Find BBM is a mind Reason for me

28 19.05%
  • i don't Find BBM a main Reason ... but i like this app

80 54.42%
  • BBM is Usless ..

20 13.61%
    No. BBM was never a main reason why I bought a BB. I never even used BBM until groups were added to it.

The only people I know who use BB are those whom I've met online. I do not know anyone in my immediate family or neighborhood friends that own a BB. My cousin's husband had a BB at one time, but he has since switched to Android. Everyone around me has either Android or iPhone.
    10-15-11 02:44 PM
    You praising BB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have always given credit to BBs for all those things. The Bold 9000 was my second favorite phone. I have always liked BBs, I just like other platforms better now. That being said, I still acknowledge that BBs have many strengths over other platforms still.

I have owned devices from all platforms besides WebOS and WP7. I know who falls short and who doesn't in certain areas.

If you remember correctly, I openly stated iOS 4 had a ****ty notification system and listen other complaints.
    Chrisy and chiefbroski like this.
    10-15-11 02:52 PM
    Love BBM, it is by far my favourite feature of BlackBerris. I have 15 or so people I talk to from all over the world (relatives back in Europe and what not) so it is very useful for me!
    10-15-11 03:15 PM
    I bought a BlackBerry initially for email, copy & paste, apps, and browsing. Didn't know about BBM.

Now, I like BlackBerry because of the keyboard, LED, size, and being able to see the screen outside.

BBM Is a great app, but not a deciding factor when I switched away to Android or if I switch back. There's so many other IM clients, many that are cross platform. Or, failing those, I just email. So, no BBM isn't a consideration for me. Just a bonus.
    10-15-11 03:19 PM
    OP yep true here in Nigeria tooo
    People buy bbs because of bbm ONLY

MetalxAssassinx likes this.
    10-15-11 03:30 PM
    R)
    In the past no
    Now yes
    I think bbm is the best instant messaging
    D/R is brilliant

MetalxAssassinx likes this.
    10-15-11 03:43 PM
    For me no. BBM is good, don't get me wrong.

I've decided that I just love the Qwerty keyboard.

Crigga84
    Via Tapatalk
    10-15-11 03:58 PM
    To be fair sms is not really data, in the sense that it doesn't need a data connection to work, it works trough service centres, in the earlier days of mobile use, before gprs, we quicly learned that if you use a foreighn sms service centres you could send sms for free carriers eventually found a way to charge regardless but it was nice while it lasted.

My point is if you ever find yourself without a data connection(up a mountain or something), sms will still work

Yes. I was only referring to the fact that per message, unless you are a crazy texter, it is very expensive (perhaps per KB was a bad choice of words). I only send about 60 texts in a month. I do have SMS now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-15-11 04:02 PM
    I never used BBM and deleted from the OS for the first couple months having a BB. None of my other friends had BBs then so it was of no use. MB of app space was much more of a concern with crappy memory leaks eating away at what little there was.

I added it back on and loaded it up with a couple friends and tons of members from CB and it did become a a huge part of the phone. Using BBM as much as AIM and gtalk and such.

I can see how some people would buy a BB for only BBM if they have enough friends that also have BBs. It makes sense. I could easily send 600-700 a day between maybe 2-3 people. Im sure others send way more than that too.
    10-15-11 04:11 PM
    The Blackberry Keyboard is something no other phone has to offer.
    The torch 9860 Blackberry is also great full touch screen.
    Canadian RIM - well Blackberry is just the best.
    10-15-11 05:16 PM
    I could easily send 600-700 a day between maybe 2-3 people. Im sure others send way more than that too.
    Holy cow. If I was sending that many BBMs a day that'd be all I was doing. You must type like a demon.
    10-15-11 05:24 PM
    Holy cow. If I was sending that many BBMs a day that'd be all I was doing. You must type like a demon.
    yeah at the time i was talking with a girl that was a couple hundred miles away so we always talked throughout the day and evening since we couldnt see each other
    10-15-11 05:39 PM
    yeah at the time i was talking with a girl that was a couple hundred miles away so we always talked throughout the day and evening since we couldnt see each other
    Now you can see each other using Skype on your Thunderbolt!
    10-15-11 05:42 PM
    Not the same, bbm let's you keep a conversation over a long time, days sometimes, you can take a break from it and come back, send photos, maybe a voice note, your location if you're somwhere interesting etc, that's the beauty of bbm, all that into one thread of conversation, not spread between a few apps.

10-15-11 05:54 PM
    It's not important to have many people in your BBM contacts but to have the ones that matter the most.

This is my mantra! Your cell phone is very personal and most people are on it for quite a bit throughout their days. through your cell phone, BBM allows your contacts to have instant access to you and I don't believe a multitude of people should be able to easily reach me like this - only the ones that matter most.

I try to keep the number of contacts I have on BBM at 12 the most! I know many people with 50+ or 100+ contacts. RIDICULOUS!
    10-15-11 05:55 PM
    haha well now she is here with me so we see each other all the time

Not the same, bbm let's you keep a conversation over a long time, days sometimes, you can take a break from it and come back, send photos, maybe a voice note, your location if you're somwhere interesting etc, that's the beauty of bbm, all that into one thread of conversation, not spread between a few apps.

gtalk pretty much does the same really. I would send just as many messages using that as BBM when i would use my incredible and she got her eris.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-15-11 06:07 PM

You admit to your kidnapping and forcible confinement in open forums!!
    howarmat, chanpisan and Chrisy like this.
    10-15-11 08:56 PM
    You admit to your kidnapping and forcible confinement in open forums!!
    lmao! officer she came willingly i promise! the handcuffs are for um, other activities...
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-15-11 08:59 PM
    lmao! officer she came willingly i promise! the handcuffs are for um, other activities...

Excuse miss does this rag smell like chloroform?
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-15-11 09:18 PM

gtalk pretty much does the same really. I would send just as many messages using that as BBM when i would use my incredible and she got her eris.
    Has Gtalk for Android finaly get more functions ie send photos, video, files etc? If yes then it's almost as good as bbm, if not Gtalk works better on Blackberry still.

10-16-11 02:49 AM
    Live Profile does what BBM does, and it's cross platform. I still use Talk occasionally. Pictures I usually send email.
    10-16-11 05:35 AM
    Live Profile does what BBM does, and it's cross platform. I still use Talk occasionally. Pictures I usually send email.
    Thats exactly my point, you have to spread yourself over a few apps to do what BBM does in one app. You use email for photos, live profile and gtalk for chat, another app for a shared calendar and you'd probably need another one for a shared photo folder and shared shopping lists. You can now use bbm to play games with other bbm contacts, share music from bbm music, you can see a contact's location via wikitude and other gps tracking apps apps, and so on, BBM is so much more then a messaging app.

10-16-11 08:36 AM
    This is my mantra! Your cell phone is very personal and most people are on it for quite a bit throughout their days. through your cell phone, BBM allows your contacts to have instant access to you and I don't believe a multitude of people should be able to easily reach me like this - only the ones that matter most.

I try to keep the number of contacts I have on BBM at 12 the most! I know many people with 50+ or 100+ contacts. RIDICULOUS!
    I Actually know people with 200-300 =P
    10-16-11 08:54 AM

BBM is not the reason I originally purchased a BlackBerry but it will be at the top of the reasons if I decide to stay with BlackBerry when my contract is up for renewal. I have six BBM contacts but they are all family, to use your words, the people that matter most.
    10-16-11 12:08 PM
    Thats exactly my point, you have to spread yourself over a few apps to do what BBM does in one app. You use email for photos, live profile and gtalk for chat, another app for a shared calendar and you'd probably need another one for a shared photo folder and shared shopping lists. You can now use bbm to play games with other bbm contacts, share music from bbm music, you can see a contact's location via wikitude and other gps tracking apps apps, and so on, BBM is so much more then a messaging app.

Live Profile does all that and it's cross platform. BBM is useless unless you have friends and family using a Blackberry. I have none left. All iPhone and Androids and we all use Live Profile .

But I still send pics using email instead of LP. Always have and always will.

I don't play games or share music or locations. My phone isn't a toy.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-16-11 at 12:48 PM.
    10-16-11 12:37 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD