View Poll Results: is the BBM one of your Main Reasons buying a blackberry ?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Bought BB JUST for BBM

19 12.93%
  • I Find BBM is a mind Reason for me

28 19.05%
  • i don't Find BBM a main Reason ... but i like this app

80 54.42%
  • BBM is Usless ..

20 13.61%
    its kinda Silly ,, but i find that in my Country People are buying bbs JUST for the BBM and i find it as *No Comment* Sometimes , but for me BBM is one of a main thing in my bb ,, i'm not saying i bought bb just for it ! ,, But its one of main Reasons :P

And i wanted to know .. How about you ? is your Country buys bb just for BBM or you have a hole another story :P

I live in KSA btw ;O
    Taktalok likes this.
    10-15-11 11:02 AM
    It's one of the reasons....not the main reason. I've got loved ones abroad and it is much cheaper so use BBM than anything else.

But....it's not the only reason.
    10-15-11 11:12 AM
    I didn't start using BBM until I purchased my 9650, never used it with my 8330. The keypad is what caught my attention
    10-15-11 11:19 AM
    I got my BlackBerry mainly because of the keyboard and just the overall experience of communicating via SMS, MMS, E-mail, PIN Messages and Instant Messages (which includes BBM).

Using BlackBerry devices to communicate for me is fast, and almost effortless. Other phones don't give me that same kind of communication with people.
    10-15-11 11:27 AM
    It was. That was the main reason why I stuck w BB so long. Now that Verizon has a BBM only data plan, there's no reason to stay.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-11 11:30 AM
    Reasons:

-longer battery life (I get 2 days out of my 9300, similar with my older BB's)
    -hardware portrait QWERTY keyboard
    -push mail and notifications (no need for the phone to run a check every 5-30 seconds, which drains battery)
    -lower data usage due to compression
    -BB specific plans, no capped data to worry about
    -many BB apps integrate with BBM now (Poynt, Foursquare, Scoremobile, etc)
    -Bridge with the PB
    -last but not least, BBM

Several other reasons I can't think of right now. I don't play games on my phone, I use it to talk, text and navigate on maps to find my way around.
    10-15-11 11:39 AM
    Not even close. I have a whopping TWO friends that have BBs. Everyone else I know has either Android or iPhone.

10-15-11 11:39 AM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Not even close. I have a whopping TWO friends that have BBs. Everyone else I know has either Android or iPhone.

interesting .. most of my friends and those i see have Blackberries .. especially the Bold 9900!.... (mind you .. most are professionals ) ....
    10-15-11 11:43 AM
    for me its the ease of accomplishing and moving on from task to task and my amazing keyboard on the 99x0. Bridge is just plain awesome to me! I use it multiple times everyday and sharing the task between both devices keeps both batteries running for what seems like forever. BBM is another great feature among many that I love on my BB
    10-15-11 12:16 PM
    Push email is why I got my first blackberry, for my own hosted email, and BBM is why I would never leave blackberry, even if my wife would be my last remaining contact in my BBM it would be worth it(we're sharing photos as we speak, I'm at home with the boy and she's with the girl at a disney on ice show, we have a group set up with a shared photos folder and a shared calendar) . Curently I have 39 bbm contacts, and most of my bbms are going overseas.

10-15-11 12:32 PM
    BBM is high on my list, but only because of it's compression combined with BlackBerry, when out of country BBM is orders of magnitude cheaper to run than other IM applications, so long as loved ones have BBM it remains a factor.

though my Primary reason for purchasing a personal BlackBerry IS the Keyboard.
    MetalxAssassinx likes this.
    10-15-11 12:56 PM
    Yes for me it was but now with imessage and whatever else companies are gonna come up with who knows now.
    10-15-11 01:02 PM
    Not really for bbm.. Which is a great feature and I use it everyday.. But my main reason is great battery life, great keyboard and awesome organizer...

10-15-11 01:21 PM

lool =)) .. Here i just like 4 Androids among with Millions of bbs and iPhones =))
    10-15-11 01:35 PM
    its maybe lil Weird but Here we don't Use Email =)) ,, We just use
    1-BBM
    2-Whatsapp
    3-Few with Pmessenger and MSN and Skype ;P

What do you think of our life here without Emails ? xD
    10-15-11 01:40 PM
    I've never even used BBM. I'm the only one in my circle of friends and family with a BlackBerry. Been that way for over 5 years now.

So no. For me, it's the keyboard, followed immediately by the UI, followed immediately by the all-in-on text/email/message folder.
    Buzz_Dengue likes this.
    10-15-11 01:41 PM

I'm in the same boat. I have no friends with a Blackberry phone, so I don't use BBM at all. I absolutely love my BB and my Playbook; my friends like their Androids and iPhones. My reasons for having my BB are that I feel comfortable with the OS (while awaiting OS2!) and I have the apps that work for me, I love the hardware of the 9930, and I am very happy with the Bridge! Right now I see no reason NOT to have my BB.
    10-15-11 01:43 PM
    It's not important to have many people in your BBM contacts but to have the ones that matter the most.

10-15-11 01:43 PM
    i got my bb for the email feature. now as the yrs have gone on, i've also been enjoying themes and a small handful of apps-BatteryEx and BerryWeather to be exact. BBM i don't & never used....never had any interest in it honestly--i do have my son as a contact though goooo mee !! lol.
    10-15-11 01:58 PM
    I never bought BBs for BBM. I bought them for the awesome physical keyboard, great form factor and reliable push services. BBM was never even a thought when making the decision to buy my BBs.
    10-15-11 02:14 PM
    Nope not at all. I decided to get a smartphone on VZW in 2009. This was when the original moto Droid hit. iPhone was ATT only.

TBH, I compared the reviews online and the consensus was that the battery life on the all touch devices was not great on average. Then I tried typing on the Android phones and did not care for it.

That led me to BlackBerry. The Tour had just launched. Got it, and got my girlfriend one as well. I wanted email but not texting (refusing to pay the high per KB rates the carriers charge). So I discovered we could BBM for free.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-15-11 02:24 PM
    I never bought BBs for BBM. I bought them for the awesome physical keyboard, great form factor and reliable push services. BBM was never even a thought when making the decision to buy my BBs.
    Lol, I nearly fell down when I read this.

I didn't even know BBM existed when I got my first BB and I had no use for it for a while. Now very rarely an hour goes by without a BBN sent and daily I probably send 100 minimum.

10-15-11 02:31 PM
    Lol, I nearly fell down when I read this.

I didn't even know BBM existed when I got my first BB and I had no use for it for a while. Now very rarely an hour goes by without a BBN sent and daily I probably send 100 minimum.

Why would you fall down?
    10-15-11 02:36 PM
    Nope not at all. I decided to get a smartphone on VZW in 2009. This was when the original moto Droid hit. iPhone was ATT only.

TBH, I compared the reviews online and the consensus was that the battery life on the all touch devices was not great on average. Then I tried typing on the Android phones and did not care for it.

That led me to BlackBerry. The Tour had just launched. Got it, and got my girlfriend one as well. I wanted email but not texting (refusing to pay the high per KB rates the carriers charge). So I discovered we could BBM for free.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    To be fair sms is not really data, in the sense that it doesn't need a data connection to work, it works trough service centres, in the earlier days of mobile use, before gprs, we quicly learned that if you use a foreighn sms service centres you could send sms for free carriers eventually found a way to charge regardless but it was nice while it lasted.

My point is if you ever find yourself without a data connection(up a mountain or something), sms will still work

10-15-11 02:38 PM
    Why would you fall down?
    You praising BB

10-15-11 02:39 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD