I have a blackberry(8900) and my BBM doesnt work..its on my phone and i add contacts but then it just goes under pending...the friends i add do not get a request..and if other people add me i dont receive anything. My internet works just fine which is why i do not understand why it doesnt work..i also cant send through pin or receive...do you have any idea how to fix this
    08-21-09 07:20 AM
    You might want to try a battery pull if you haven't since installing BBM. It sounds like your data provisioning is ok since you have web access.
    08-21-09 08:14 AM
    As long as you have a data plan, it should work.

When adding people, are you adding them via PIN or e-mail address?

Is your default e-mail address a @vodafone.blackberry.com address, or a different address?

Your blackberry e-mail address should be the default, just to make sure that confirmation messages are sent properly (just in case). I had problems with a couple of people not receiving or confirming when I had a different e-mail as the default.
    08-21-09 08:37 AM
    aly12 try this:

Go to options, about and check what OS version you have. The go on your carriers software website to see if there are any new OS softwares for your blackberry. If there are then dowload it. If you have the newest OS version already then just down load it again. Once you have dowloaded and installed it onto your desktop, plug in your blackberry and open desktop manager,once opened a list with ticked boxes should appear,make sure you tick the blackberry messenger box for it to be re-installed. I did this yesterday and my BBM hadnt been working for months. So I hope this works for you.

My english isn't very good so if you have problem understanding my explaining just post a reply and I will try my best to help you.
    09-01-09 08:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD