I'm new to bbm and have tried to add a few friends, but nothing happens. I added their pin in the phonebook and tried to add contact in bbm but it just stays under pending and nothing shows up on their phone. A friend tried to add me but I never got the request. Could something be wrong with my phone?
    09-01-10 08:14 PM
    Was the phone New when you purchased it?

I tried sending you a PIN message and that doesn't seem to be delivering either.

did your Device get registered with tmobile?
    09-01-10 08:22 PM
    yeah its new and the guy said he got it all set up for me at the tmobile store
    09-01-10 08:27 PM
    Do you have a data plan?

Have you set up your BIS account? This is pretty much going through the e-mail setup wizard and creating a username and password. You can also add in e-mail addresses if you haven't already.

Can you receive e-mail?

Have you tried to resend service books? Go into your e-mail setup wizard, then go into the Help menu and resend service books from there.

Have you tried scanning their barcode from within BBM?
    09-01-10 08:35 PM
    Do you have a data plan?

Have you set up your BIS account? This is pretty much going through the e-mail setup wizard and creating a username and password. You can also add in e-mail addresses if you haven't already.

Can you receive e-mail?

Have you tried to resend service books? Go into your e-mail setup wizard, then go into the Help menu and resend service books from there.

Have you tried scanning their barcode from within BBM?
    This was going to be my next question set.

I am sure the Guy in the tmobile store didn't make your BIS password

do you have a email address [email protected]?
    09-01-10 08:38 PM
    do you have to have a data plan to do bbm, if so there is where the problem lies. Thanks so much for your help!
    09-01-10 08:59 PM
    do you have to have a data plan to do bbm, if so there is where the problem lies. Thanks so much for your help!
    Yes you do,
    BBM runs through BIS, which needs to be registered with your service provider.

you don't need to USE the dataplan, but it must exist, personally with a BB I would ask tmobile what the cheapest available dataplan is, set up your BBM and run it over wifi to not go over the data usage

mind you if they have a 50MB dataplan you could NEVER go over 50MB with BBM unless you start sending voicenotes and video
    09-01-10 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD