Anyone else with a Tour on Verizon not able to add BBM contacts from other carriers? I've tried adding/removing the PIN's and also using their email address, but no luck. It just stays pending...
    09-10-09 12:29 AM
    Dumb question, but since you didn't specify in your post, it has to be asked:

Are they accepting your request?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 03:15 AM
    lol, question is deserved. yes, i had one buddy on his new curve from t-mobile sitting right next to me at the bar while we watched and waited. and nothing... we double checked each other's PIN's as well. that was a couple weeks ago, and my invite is still showing as pending in my BBM
    09-10-09 12:48 PM
    Which version of BBM are you running, the stock 4.7 that came on your device, or the 5.0 beta? I had a similar issue when I first installed BBM 5.0...had to delete and reinstall for it to add contacts properly and even now, it's still a bit buggy when trying to send IMs to specific people on my contact list who aren't with Verizon.

What happens when your buddy tries to add you as a friend? Does the request come through on your end?
    09-10-09 01:56 PM
    I'm using the stock 4.7 that came with my device. When a buddy tries to add me nothing comes through. Same thing happens when I try to add them, they don't get anything at all. It just disappears and gets lost in BBM cyberspace lol. I have no problem adding Verizon contacts, it goes through right away.

I'm at a lost why this is happening. I'm guessing I'm probably the only one? I thought it might be something with Verizon or some setting I have to change...
    09-10-09 06:20 PM
    anybody have any ideas? is it something my device? no one else has the same issue? i guess i should see what verizon has to say...
    09-13-09 12:58 PM
    Same with my Blackberry!
    Someone please help!

I only bought mine a couple days ago, but my contract does not begin till the 23rd, so it has no data plan thing (no internet and email package yet). They only begins on the 23rd.

Will my BBM start to work from that date?
    And if my contacts are still 'pending', shall I delete them and readd once my internet and contract begins?

Thank you in advance
    09-15-09 05:26 PM
    Same with my Blackberry!
    Someone please help!

I only bought mine a couple days ago, but my contract does not begin till the 23rd, so it has no data plan thing (no internet and email package yet). They only begins on the 23rd.

Will my BBM start to work from that date?
    And if my contacts are still 'pending', shall I delete them and readd once my internet and contract begins?

Thank you in advance

your BBM will only work when the BB data plan has been applied to your account and the PIN associated with it becomes active on RIM servers. i would try re-adding them, as i dont think they will go through.

as for the OP, ive noticed its been happening more often. it happens sometimes to me and other people ive talked to. just keep re-adding them until it works. just make sure only one of you are requesting the other, not both at the same time. that will lock it up for sure.
    09-16-09 05:13 AM
    Thank you for your help, that would make a lot of sense.

Furthermore, if I have a contact as 'pending' and they have me as 'pending' too, if I delete them, will it get deleted from theirs or not?
    09-16-09 10:01 AM
    cool i guess its just one of those things. thanks for replying dictoresno!
    09-16-09 10:06 AM
    Same problem...
    02-27-10 03:08 PM
    Same problem...
    then do as said above, and make sure your contacts you are adding have a BB data plan.
    02-28-10 06:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD